New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

06-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Trunk Lights, did this happen to you?

Last week I took a picture of my tool set for someone and as I put the tool set back into it's slot all of the internal trunk lights went out. There are a few wires hanging about (I think BMW could have done a better job protecting the wires). Anyway, I think I may have shortened something or even blown a fuse.

I know, I properly get an answer form my friendly BMW service manager, I am just wondering if it has happened to you.

If not be on guard when you lift the trunk cover plate not to disturb any of the wiring that you see exposed there

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Z4Andy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive 35iS

Just to be absolutely sure.

The car didn't go into power saving mode or something like that, just at the same time you pushed the tools back?

and yes the wiring does look very untidy and you could easily snag something.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Z4Andy, I did check that right away. Locked and un-locked the car checked the lights on no dice the trunk lights are out.

No worries, I will get it back just wanted to alert everyone be on guard ,,, not exactly what I expected from BMW

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0