New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
ZheHbKa's Avatar
Russian Federation
22
Rep
1,795
Posts

 
Drives: the Wind
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [5.00]
Z4 Coding

Guys

Just met up with one of forum members to do some basic coding on the Z, it is not modifying but more like opening up its potential.

what i got coded:

1. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer on startup (both CCC and CIC).
2. Add a fuel stop suggestion option (CIC only).
3. Enable DVD in Mоtion for CIC
4. Opening of the convertible top with the keyfob. (closing does not work yet but new version is coming out soon so it should work)
5. Welcome light activation (ONLY on 2007.25+). Fading or instant on for angel eyes, corner lights, fog lights, rear fog lights, rear tail lights, rear brake lights, parking lights, high and low beams.
6. Double blinking ("euro") emergency lights (2007.25+ only, on some 2010+ cars this works only with the ignition on).
7. Make the rear fog lights work in tandem with brake lights. Abnormally-bright brake lights!
8. Turn on "Follow me home" lights from a key fob
9. Have the windshield wipers complete the cycle and park when you shut the car off.
10. Unlock doors when key is removed / car is turned off (won't have to pull the door handle twice).
11. Allow one touch operation of the windows while the door is open.

there are plenty of other options you can code and he does it all for free.

very cool guy, knowledgeable and works very fast, so highly recommended.

One drawback is that when you take your car to the dealer they can reflash your CPU and you will have to recode again.

Should not void warranty since you are not changing anything, just unlocking existing features.

here's the info:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495918

Enjoy!
__________________
2014 F30 335 X-Drive | 6-MT | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZMM ZDH ZDA |

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
mstevens
Mechanical Dunce
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Atacama Z4 35is
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

I really need to get around to doing this. Especially number 2, which is referenced in the manual but apparently not enabled in the US. My dealer is perfectly willing to do it but can't figure out how.

Buying the hardware and software is what has held me back. There wasn't a solution for the new X3 last time I checked, and since we have one of those I wanted to wait until I could kill 2 birds with one stone.
__________________
2004 Z4 3.0 Sport - Being driven by son
2011 Z4 35is Atacama Yellow - Gone
2014 Z4 35is Valencia Orange

Casa Suzana, vacation rental villa in Cozumel, Mexico
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
ZheHbKa's Avatar
Russian Federation
22
Rep
1,795
Posts

 
Drives: the Wind
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [5.00]
makes sense, poll forum experts for cheapest and easiest ways
__________________
2014 F30 335 X-Drive | 6-MT | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZMM ZDH ZDA |

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
az34
Major
az34's Avatar
Canada
18
Rep
1,015
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: montréal

iTrader: (0)

wow great tips, i love number 10 Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
tot
Private
0
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cote d'Azur

iTrader: (0)

I enabled the digital speedo and that is a must, especally since it can really show the true speed. Once I got used it is there I never even look the analog speed at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
ZheHbKa's Avatar
Russian Federation
22
Rep
1,795
Posts

 
Drives: the Wind
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tot View Post
I enabled the digital speedo and that is a must, especally since it can really show the true speed. Once I got used it is there I never even look the analog speed at all.
im noticing that too, now im thinking what can be done to make speedo useful again
__________________
2014 F30 335 X-Drive | 6-MT | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZMM ZDH ZDA |

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
timwhayden
Private
United_States
1
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: '11 Z4is AW/Walnut
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jackson,TN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I agree about the digital speedo. It took me only a couple days before I was only looking at the digital readout and ignoring the needle. You can code for the readout to match the needle which of course reads too fast or you can code for actual speed which is what I did.
__________________
Garage:
'11 Z4is
'09 Audi Q5
'07 Lamborghini Gallardo
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
warden
Owning It
3
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 911 Carrera S
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Anyone is the SF Bay Area doing this?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
DavidJS
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35is
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

What equipment is needed to do the coding?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #10
timwhayden
Private
United_States
1
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: '11 Z4is AW/Walnut
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jackson,TN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Go to ********* and add .com(this site will not let us post web addresses) and it lists everything you need and how to do it.
__________________
Garage:
'11 Z4is
'09 Audi Q5
'07 Lamborghini Gallardo
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
timwhayden
Private
United_States
1
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: '11 Z4is AW/Walnut
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jackson,TN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2nd try: google bmw coding.
__________________
Garage:
'11 Z4is
'09 Audi Q5
'07 Lamborghini Gallardo
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 04:01 AM   #12
STOOF
Captain
STOOF's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
624
Posts

 
Drives: '13 535i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJS View Post
What equipment is needed to do the coding?
You need the proper wire, which is like 100-120 bucks, then just DL a few programs and learn german. lol

Youre in NJ just hit up this guy, im gonna.
__________________
2013 535i 6MT ///MSport - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown
2011 Z4 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
ZheHbKa's Avatar
Russian Federation
22
Rep
1,795
Posts

 
Drives: the Wind
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [5.00]
if u r within reasonable driving distance to NYC i recommend sending a text or msg to this guy, he knows his stuff so u dont risk messing something up urself
__________________
2014 F30 335 X-Drive | 6-MT | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZMM ZDH ZDA |

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #14
mstevens
Mechanical Dunce
United_States
4
Rep
272
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Atacama Z4 35is
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
if u r within reasonable driving distance to NYC i recommend sending a text or msg to this guy, he knows his stuff so u dont risk messing something up urself
I'm closer to Montreal than to NYC. It's about a 5-hour drive one-way from where I am. Buying a cable seems more reasonable to me.
__________________
2004 Z4 3.0 Sport - Being driven by son
2011 Z4 35is Atacama Yellow - Gone
2014 Z4 35is Valencia Orange

Casa Suzana, vacation rental villa in Cozumel, Mexico
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
ZheHbKa
Lieutenant Colonel
ZheHbKa's Avatar
Russian Federation
22
Rep
1,795
Posts

 
Drives: the Wind
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335 Xi  [5.00]
in this case yes, as i mentioned if u take ur car to the dealer and they reflash to the original u dont want to end up driving again.

i would suggest reaching out to this guy and him walking u though anything you want to do
__________________
2014 F30 335 X-Drive | 6-MT | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZMM ZDH ZDA |

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #16
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
BMWCali's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
1,208
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Porsche
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZheHbKa View Post
Guys

Just met up with one of forum members to do some basic coding on the Z, it is not modifying but more like opening up its potential.

what i got coded:

1. Disable iDrive legal disclaimer on startup (both CCC and CIC).
2. Add a fuel stop suggestion option (CIC only).
3. Enable DVD in Mоtion for CIC
4. Opening of the convertible top with the keyfob. (closing does not work yet but new version is coming out soon so it should work)
5. Welcome light activation (ONLY on 2007.25+). Fading or instant on for angel eyes, corner lights, fog lights, rear fog lights, rear tail lights, rear brake lights, parking lights, high and low beams.
6. Double blinking ("euro") emergency lights (2007.25+ only, on some 2010+ cars this works only with the ignition on).
7. Make the rear fog lights work in tandem with brake lights. Abnormally-bright brake lights!
8. Turn on "Follow me home" lights from a key fob
9. Have the windshield wipers complete the cycle and park when you shut the car off.
10. Unlock doors when key is removed / car is turned off (won't have to pull the door handle twice).
11. Allow one touch operation of the windows while the door is open.

there are plenty of other options you can code and he does it all for free.

very cool guy, knowledgeable and works very fast, so highly recommended.

One drawback is that when you take your car to the dealer they can reflash your CPU and you will have to recode again.

Should not void warranty since you are not changing anything, just unlocking existing features.

here's the info:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495918

Enjoy!
This is great stuff! Anyone in the SF Bay Area or LA who can do it?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #17
morfinx
Shenanigans
morfinx's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,231
Posts

 
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive35i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

My friend who did my coding also added remote mirror folding, which I had on my 335i and love Unfortunately we weren't able to get remote window up/down working, unlike the 335i. I think for the Z4 you need Comfort Access for that to work.
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive35i 7DCT "Zayna", Alpine White/Coral Red
E92 335i 6MT "Calixta", Space Grey/Coral Red [Retired]

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST