E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > ncsexpert in North Somerset area?

05-15-2021, 10:15 AM   #1
tomgrey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93, M sport, 269 alloys

ncsexpert in North Somerset area?

Hi,

I am looking for someone that knows what they are doing with NCSexpert. I have a strange issue with bluetooth on the combox of my X5. I thought initially it was a hardware problem but now I have a situation where the bluetooth and USB in armrest cubby both fail. The bluetooth sits at 'please wait' and the USB connector has no power. However, it sometimes does work and when it does, then both the USB connector and the bluetooth work perfectly. And once working it does not suddenly stop working, which would suggest a short on power lead or dry solder joint.
So, I am now wondering if there is a corrupt file that sometime loads and other times fails to load. So I would like do a fresh install of the appropriate files to the combox and a full reset.
I have done simple reset by disconnecting the battery and leaving it 24 hours and also by simply disconnecting the 180 degree connector to the combox. Neither has fixed this intermittent problem.
Anyone out there that can help?
      05-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

I'm just outside Trowbridge, and have the software. Maybe a bit of a stretch to say I know what I'm doing with it, but I'll let you make the judgement call.

I think before you go programming/updating modules, it's worth checking for error codes. Would have thought those issues would trigger a code.

I recently had a go at fixing nick46's SOS error, unfortunately without success, but at least we didn't break anything!
Appreciate 0