F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > EU#6 injectors
Extreme Powerhouse

11-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
beastwood
Rep
Drives: 135i

EU#6 injectors

Quick question I recently had my car injector sure replaced on my 14 f30 n55. The shop did not code them, however the car runs fine. I got injectors from fcp euro bosch not the bmw genuine ones.

If the car runs fine do I need them coded? Only issues I run into is when I switch maps on BM3 the car has a check engine light and drivetrain malfunction. If I switch to stock and then back to the map I want the car is fine, no codes, no drivetrain malfunction.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5dd977c4c090c60e188f2f4e

Stage 2 93.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

EU6 do not need coding but I'm not sure if your vehicle requires EU5.

Per FCP Euro

"Note: Per BMW service bulletin SI B13 03 15 the injectors in the vehicle may not match with what is listed in the BMW ETK. Identify the injector installed in the vehicle using ISTAD 4.04 or later test plan using the following path:

Vehicle management - Service Functions - Powertrain - Engine Electronics - Injector Determination

Test plan will state, "this engine required EU# injectors". This fuel injector is for vehicles with an EU6 designation and will not work on a vehicle with a different designation. On N55 vehicles high pressure pump identification is not required."

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 05:58 AM   #3
beastwood
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
EU6 do not need coding but I'm not sure if your vehicle requires EU5.

Per FCP Euro

"Note: Per BMW service bulletin SI B13 03 15 the injectors in the vehicle may not match with what is listed in the BMW ETK. Identify the injector installed in the vehicle using ISTAD 4.04 or later test plan using the following path:

Vehicle management - Service Functions - Powertrain - Engine Electronics - Injector Determination

Test plan will state, "this engine required EU# injectors". This fuel injector is for vehicles with an EU6 designation and will not work on a vehicle with a different designation. On N55 vehicles high pressure pump identification is not required."
Yeah mine were and are the eu6 just wasn't sure if I had to do anything else other than the swap. I got mine from fcp euro and got the Bosch branded ones. Car is driving normal and normal under WOT. Just wasn't sure if the "values" had to be coded since both oe and oem are eu6.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
Alexvdb1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i M-Sport

Hi guys, I’m having a similar issue. 2 weeks ago I got a CEL on my 2015 535i indicating...
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire,
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire and
P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire,
...after a shaky cold start one day. Since then it's been working fine with the occasional shake on a cold start.

I had spark plugs and ignition coils replaced recently so my mechanic and I agreed that its probably time to replace the fuel injectors. 6 months ago I had a fuel injector on cylinder 5 replaced. I got the part number off the receipt and it shows up as EU5.

I wanted to double check so I bought an AUTEL MX808S scanner (as recommended by FCP Euro) and ran a diagnostic which told me: "EU6 injectors are required for this engine". So, I'm thinking the receipt just has a wrong part number listed.

I called my brother's BMW mechanic (in Czech Republic) to get his opinion. When I told him its an F10 he immediately said that I need EU5. When I told him its 2015 model year he told me to get EU6. He also said that if the manufacture date is September 2014 or after then it needs EU6, but the AUTEL scanner told me my car was manufactured in July 2014.
If he's right about the date then I need EU5, and the receipt is correct. But, then why would the scanner tell me I need EU6?

Can you guys please shine some light on this mystery? Should I buy EU5 or EU6 injectors?

Thanks so much.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 03:00 PM   #5
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Try the 5 Series threads
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 06:17 PM   #6
NEWTRON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexvdb1 View Post
Hi guys, I’m having a similar issue. 2 weeks ago I got a CEL on my 2015 535i indicating...
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire,
P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire and
P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire,
...after a shaky cold start one day. Since then it's been working fine with the occasional shake on a cold start.

I had spark plugs and ignition coils replaced recently so my mechanic and I agreed that its probably time to replace the fuel injectors. 6 months ago I had a fuel injector on cylinder 5 replaced. I got the part number off the receipt and it shows up as EU5.

I wanted to double check so I bought an AUTEL MX808S scanner (as recommended by FCP Euro) and ran a diagnostic which told me: "EU6 injectors are required for this engine". So, I'm thinking the receipt just has a wrong part number listed.

I called my brother's BMW mechanic (in Czech Republic) to get his opinion. When I told him its an F10 he immediately said that I need EU5. When I told him its 2015 model year he told me to get EU6. He also said that if the manufacture date is September 2014 or after then it needs EU6, but the AUTEL scanner told me my car was manufactured in July 2014.
If he's right about the date then I need EU5, and the receipt is correct. But, then why would the scanner tell me I need EU6?

Can you guys please shine some light on this mystery? Should I buy EU5 or EU6 injectors?

Thanks so much.
The scanner is telling you EU6 because its reading it from the DME.
VRSF RACE IC, FTP CP, VRSF CATLESS DP, BORLA ATAK CATBACK, CTS TURBO INTAKE, MST V2 INLET, PURE STAGE 2, TURBOSMART BOV,FTP TURBO OUTLET, SPOOL FX180, BM3 ETHANOL ANALYZER, PRECISION RACEWORKS COILS, BM3 STAGE 2+ E30
Appreciate 0