New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2016, 05:50 PM   #67
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
2013
Rep
10,169
Posts

Drives: '97 332ti, '18 F31, '16 GT4
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Spoken like a true Seattleite- dropping the mic, and as someone who was born (1988) and raised in Seattle - can attest to every word you just said.

I salute you, brother.
I'm sure there are many people like this out there.

Every Friday during the season there's Hawk's day at work. Many of the people there were born here, and most admit that they are more recent Hawks fans. Of course there are those that are longtime fans, but they are outnumbered by a good bit, from my first hand impressions.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #68
infamousdiz
Major
infamousdiz's Avatar
United_States
496
Rep
1,185
Posts

Drives: (17 X5M) (15 M3 YMB,)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
As somebody who lived in Seattle for a nearly a decade I can tell you first hand that very few people cared about them before 2012! Complete bandwagon fanbase in a city that historically never cared much for sports. Forbes found that the Seattle market was 26th in NFL viewership (of 32 NFL cities) and bottom 10 in social media followers before 2012. Pete the Cheat and his ring of d*ckhead loudmouth players, along with the fake fans, were an immediate turnoff for me. Only Wilson is a class act, albeit a media attention wh*re.

I wasn't originally from Seattle so I stuck by my crappy hometown team and always will, although I am bandwagoning for the Pats a bit this year b/c (a) my team sucks again and (b) I want to see the great Tom Brady own the haters.

This is the biggest pile of bullshit in this thread. Clearly you had your head up your *arse for "Nearly a decade" while living here. Every single game has been sold out since Allen bought the team in the late 90's. Superbowl 2005?! What you and other clueless people don't get is that the Fan base of the Seahawks have always been local, Northwest, not nationwide like the Cowboys or Steelers etc.. This accounts for a lower viewership throughout the country but that has nothing to do with the fans here. As their success has become more consistent you have fans popping out of the woodwork around the country. THAT IS NEW and I'm sure very annoying. But as a season ticket holder for "Nearly a Decade" and a fan for over 30 years, I can attest first hand that your presumption, though a popular narrative, is completely wrong.


As for the "cheating"? Please, it's not like they tampered with another team or a game! They got fined for too much physical contact during OTA's, for the 2nd time. I go to a couple practices a year and they are intense. Several fights broke out this and every year, it's just how they practice. Carol tried to reign them in this year when it got too physical by ordering helmet removed but reportedly they were still hitting each other. If anything it's a coaching failure in controlling the team.

You can call into question their the holds/hand checking down the field by Sherman and co. but to lump this violation in with the established Cheaters who attempt to impact games outcome on an Administrative/Coaching level is asinine.
The sounders saved the Seahawks
__________________
I didn't know I couldn't do that. But I did know I couldn't do that.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #69
Germanauto
Brigadier General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
3354
Rep
3,040
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
This is the biggest pile of bullshit in this thread. Clearly you had your head up your *arse for "Nearly a decade" while living here. Every single game has been sold out since Allen bought the team in the late 90's. Superbowl 2005?! What you and other clueless people don't get is that the Fan base of the Seahawks have always been local, Northwest, not nationwide like the Cowboys or Steelers etc.. This accounts for a lower viewership throughout the country but that has nothing to do with the fans here. As their success has become more consistent you have fans popping out of the woodwork around the country. THAT IS NEW and I'm sure very annoying. But as a season ticket holder for "Nearly a Decade" and a fan for over 30 years, I can attest first hand that your presumption, though a popular narrative, is completely wrong.


As for the "cheating"? Please, it's not like they tampered with another team or a game! They got fined for too much physical contact during OTA's, for the 2nd time. I go to a couple practices a year and they are intense. Several fights broke out this and every year, it's just how they practice. Carol tried to reign them in this year when it got too physical by ordering helmet removed but reportedly they were still hitting each other. If anything it's a coaching failure in controlling the team.

You can call into question their the holds/hand checking down the field by Sherman and co. but to lump this violation in with the established Cheaters who attempt to impact games outcome on an Administrative/Coaching level is asinine.
Ha typical salty Seahawks fan getting pissy when his bandwagon fanbase and annoying crop of cocky players gets called out. Selling out a stadium doesn't mean anything, even Detroit has done it for years with a crappy team, crappy economy, and 3 other major professional sports teams to compete for business with! There are only 8 home games a year, every team outside of Florida and SoCal is going to sell out. Seattle loves their Hawks so much the team nearly packed up and left town 20 years ago. I am speaking pure facts only, the Seahawks' home TV viewership was in the bottom 1/4 of the NFL and social media followers were as well, even less than the Detroit Lions before Petey and Wilson came to town.

From my experience living in the Seattle area, I have mostly positive and very few negative things to say, but there is no doubt in my mind that Seattle at its core is NOT a sports town in any way shape or form. Support for the Huskies (my alma mater) is pathetic compared to Div 1 schools in other states, support for the Mariners is [understandably] horrible, and they love the NBA so much that the team left a decade ago. And yes I have seen Sonicsgate, but I guarantee you Clay Bennett couldn't have swept into a small city like Portland or Sacramento where they love basketball and steal their team, there is too much fan support. I moved to Seattle from a city with huge NBA support and noticed that nobody gave a dam about the Sonics. I was trying to purchase some vintage Sonics gear a month ago and couldn't find a place in the entire Eastside that carried anything! Had to drive all the way to Cap Hill to a small little boutique store, either that or shell out $50 online to Mitchell & Ness for a t-shirt.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #70
csu87
Banned
2090
Rep
3,655
Posts

Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Colorado

iTrader: (0)

The redskins have sold out every game since 1968 so the sellout streak is clearly a non argument.

Also Seahawks have only sold out every game since 2002, which puts them at #20 in terms of longest sellout streaks.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #71
Wraith.
Captain
Wraith.'s Avatar
48
Rep
888
Posts

Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Uggh, I just don't have the energy. Tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 07:25 PM   #72
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3676
Rep
10,294
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Pete Carroll is a sellout
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #73
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8845
Rep
21,912
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

As long as he buys some more superbowl rings
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 05:10 PM   #74
tc328
Lieutenant
337
Rep
532
Posts

Drives: 328
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: bstny

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
As somebody who lived in Seattle for a nearly a decade I can tell you first hand that very few people cared about them before 2012! Complete bandwagon fanbase in a city that historically never cared much for sports. Forbes found that the Seattle market was 26th in NFL viewership (of 32 NFL cities) and bottom 10 in social media followers before 2012. Pete the Cheat and his ring of d*ckhead loudmouth players, along with the fake fans, were an immediate turnoff for me. Only Wilson is a class act, albeit a media attention wh*re.

I wasn't originally from Seattle so I stuck by my crappy hometown team and always will, although I am bandwagoning for the Pats a bit this year b/c (a) my team sucks again and (b) I want to see the great Tom Brady own the haters.

This is the biggest pile of bullshit in this thread. Clearly you had your head up your *arse for "Nearly a decade" while living here. Every single game has been sold out since Allen bought the team in the late 90's. Superbowl 2005?! What you and other clueless people don't get is that the Fan base of the Seahawks have always been local, Northwest, not nationwide like the Cowboys or Steelers etc.. This accounts for a lower viewership throughout the country but that has nothing to do with the fans here. As their success has become more consistent you have fans popping out of the woodwork around the country. THAT IS NEW and I'm sure very annoying. But as a season ticket holder for "Nearly a Decade" and a fan for over 30 years, I can attest first hand that your presumption, though a popular narrative, is completely wrong.


As for the "cheating"? Please, it's not like they tampered with another team or a game! They got fined for too much physical contact during OTA's, for the 2nd time. I go to a couple practices a year and they are intense. Several fights broke out this and every year, it's just how they practice. Carol tried to reign them in this year when it got too physical by ordering helmet removed but reportedly they were still hitting each other. If anything it's a coaching failure in controlling the team.

You can call into question their the holds/hand checking down the field by Sherman and co. but to lump this violation in with the established Cheaters who attempt to impact games outcome on an Administrative/Coaching level is asinine.
But they cheated
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 10:39 AM   #75
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3676
Rep
10,294
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Big game in Seattle this weekend. I think Huskies will probably end up beating the Cardinals
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 10:42 AM   #76
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8845
Rep
21,912
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

We can hope. Gotta work until 8 will miss most of it.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 02:07 PM   #77
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3676
Rep
10,294
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
We can hope. Gotta work until 8 will miss most of it.
call in sick and go to the game? come on, has got to be the biggest game in Seattle since what...1991?
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 02:09 PM   #78
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
1891
Rep
5,437
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
call in sick and go to the game? come on, has got to be the biggest game in Seattle since what...1991?
I think the bigger game was when they threw it away...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #79
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
215
Rep
1,963
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (6)

Its amazing how much people love the Seahawks up there. I just got back from Seattle and I've never seen so many people/companies show so much support for a sports team. I mean the Lakers are a huge deal in LA but the Seahawks love up there was on a different level.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #80
tc328
Lieutenant
337
Rep
532
Posts

Drives: 328
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: bstny

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Nuff said

Last nights game
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #81
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2776
Rep
3,150
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328 View Post
Nuff said

Last nights game
You're an idiot.

Any true NFL fan knows they use different PSI for kicking and throwing footballs.
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #82
TrevorM3
Major General
1289
Rep
5,930
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

haha this thread is funny.

seattle, dallas, and NE. most hated fanbases in the country.
Appreciate 1
Cattivo634.00

      11-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #83
infamousdiz
Major
infamousdiz's Avatar
United_States
496
Rep
1,185
Posts

Drives: (17 X5M) (15 M3 YMB,)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
You're an idiot.

Any true NFL fan knows they use different PSI for kicking and throwing footballs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
haha this thread is funny.

seattle, dallas, and NE. most hated fanbases in the country.


Cant wait for Tom and friends and roast them in foxboro
__________________
I didn't know I couldn't do that. But I did know I couldn't do that.
Appreciate 3
      11-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #84
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2776
Rep
3,150
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
You're an idiot.

Any true NFL fan knows they use different PSI for kicking and throwing footballs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
haha this thread is funny.

seattle, dallas, and NE. most hated fanbases in the country.


Cant wait for Tom and friends and roast them in foxboro
I'm honestly not expecting a W. We've been due to be humiliated in a loss for quite some time and I wouldn't be shocked if this were to be it.

...BUT IM STILL CALLING AN UPSET ALERT!!!!!
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #85
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7770
Rep
7,349
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
...BUT IM STILL CALLING AN UPSET ALERT!!!!!
Ahh, the sweet smell of youthful optimism
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #86
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2776
Rep
3,150
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
...BUT IM STILL CALLING AN UPSET ALERT!!!!!
Ahh, the sweet smell of youthful optimism
Hey trump just won-

It's all I have left. Brady and bellicheck voted for him.

So figuratively speaking...

The Seahawks= people against trump
Patriots= Trump and his supporters
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 01:50 PM   #87
infamousdiz
Major
infamousdiz's Avatar
United_States
496
Rep
1,185
Posts

Drives: (17 X5M) (15 M3 YMB,)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Hey trump just won-

It's all I have left. Brady and bellicheck voted for him.

So figuratively speaking...

The Seahawks= people against trump
Patriots= Trump and his supporters
I really route against the seahawks because of pete carroll. There is jumping up and down on the sidelines when he benefits from bullshit calls. its one thing to take them its another when he celebrates it.
__________________
I didn't know I couldn't do that. But I did know I couldn't do that.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #88
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2776
Rep
3,150
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Hey trump just won-

It's all I have left. Brady and bellicheck voted for him.

So figuratively speaking...

The Seahawks= people against trump
Patriots= Trump and his supporters
I really route against the seahawks because of pete carroll. There is jumping up and down on the sidelines when he benefits from bullshit calls. its one thing to take them its another when he celebrates it.
...lol funny thing about this-

When he was at USC, I used to hate the same exact thing about him. Just couldn't stand the guy-

But eh, it's like, once he's with you- you learn to like the enthusiasm of the guy
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST