New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #749
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1431
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah not expecting miracles anytime soon or to lift as heavy anymore just more focused on area I wanna work.

I think that is the best way to go about it. In the past I should have done that, but was stubborn and basically spinning my wheels.

It wasn't until I cut back and let everything heal that things started moving forward again. Another benefit of that is once you are able to get back into it full-bore, your enthusiasm goes through the roof!
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune, APEX ARC8, MILVS Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #750
FlaPatsFan
Major
727
Rep
1,161
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah not expecting miracles anytime soon or to lift as heavy anymore just more focused on area I wanna work.
Just train smart and you値l be fine
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #751
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Just train smart and you値l be fine
I dont wanna, I need to ego lift my brains out
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #752
FlaPatsFan
Major
727
Rep
1,161
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I dont wanna, I need to ego lift my brains out
Haaaa, I hear ya bro. But at our age ego lifting leads to injury. Train smarter not harder, words I live by now. I知 no stranger to stopping or backing off programmed weights if I知 not feeling right. It has definitely saved me multiple times. I値l ego lift the shit out of the gym if I知 feeling tip top, but if I知 healing or nursing an injury....no way.


Rmtt....I forgot to ask/mention Jefferson DLs. Are you familiar with this movement? They are another favorite of mine, kind of a combo between a DL and a Squat....sort of. They are a bit awkward until you get the technique down. But I will say they have definitely helped both my DL and Squat!

Example....today I did 10,10 (5 reps each side).6,6,6(3reps each side)4,4 (2reps each side) up to a finishing weight of 400. I will do these every few weeks as a variation. Curious your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 10:02 PM   #753
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Got them arms tonight so no chance to ego lift right?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #754
FlaPatsFan
Major
727
Rep
1,161
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Got them arms tonight so no chance to ego lift right?
I think you can ego lift those, lol
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 11:33 PM   #755
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Ha some dude said like 5 times while had earbuds in, how long has it been since you looked like me. Finally heard him and said it's been a while. Opps what an asshole. Coulsnt take it back so just laughed. His girl was standing there also.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1431.00

      05-18-2019, 06:35 AM   #756
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1431
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Haaaa, I hear ya bro. But at our age ego lifting leads to injury. Train smarter not harder, words I live by now. I知 no stranger to stopping or backing off programmed weights if I知 not feeling right. It has definitely saved me multiple times. I値l ego lift the shit out of the gym if I知 feeling tip top, but if I知 healing or nursing an injury....no way.

Rmtt....I forgot to ask/mention Jefferson DLs. Are you familiar with this movement? They are another favorite of mine, kind of a combo between a DL and a Squat....sort of. They are a bit awkward until you get the technique down. But I will say they have definitely helped both my DL and Squat!

Example....today I did 10,10 (5 reps each side).6,6,6(3reps each side)4,4 (2reps each side) up to a finishing weight of 400. I will do these every few weeks as a variation. Curious your thoughts.
Holy crap.....I haven't seen Jefferson's in years. I remember a long time ago when I was young and stupid, and had a lower back injury I kept trying to train through.

My current gym owner who was a competitive powerlifter in the 70's actually showed me that exercise. It allowed me to deadlift with virtually no pain while my back recovered.

I remember it was a very awkward exercise for me to learn, but being short and having a short range of motion I got pretty decent at it.

I need to research it again as I used it as a means to an end, but I didn't really approach it from a "gains" perspective.

I honestly thought of it as a rehab exercise during the time!
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune, APEX ARC8, MILVS Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 06:36 AM   #757
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1431
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Ha some dude said like 5 times while had earbuds in, how long has it been since you looked like me. Finally heard him and said it's been a while. Opps what an asshole. Coulsnt take it back so just laughed. His girl was standing there also.
Lol....serves him right. Him mentioning that many times especially in front of his girl shows he was trying to be "cute".
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune, APEX ARC8, MILVS Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #758
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Weird thing is I dont see it, think I look normal or small.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 06:57 AM   #759
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1431
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Weird thing is I dont see it, think I look normal or small.
It's the same with me....especially when dieting. Your mind plays tricks on you. But to another person who rarely sees you.....18" arms on a guy is pretty impressive.

So they will either pester you for your "secrets" , or take the other road like that guy and be condescending and try to make themselves look good by being an ass.
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune, APEX ARC8, MILVS Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #760
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Well I guess that makes me feel better didn't think of him being the ass in the situation. I do get swoll doing some arms wish it lasted.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 07:14 AM   #761
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1431
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Well I guess that makes me feel better didn't think of him being the ass in the situation. I do get swoll doing some arms wish it lasted.
Oh......he was being an ass. Mentioning it that many times of front of his girl proves that.

I mean I'm the first to compliment anyone I see who has put in work....even in front of my wife.

But I wouldn't ramble on and on about it. At that point, she may think I was having a man crush or something!
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune, APEX ARC8, MILVS Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 07:27 AM   #762
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1431
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

So yesterday was bench....last set was 365 again, and I finally got my 5 reps and my training app flashed congratulations....you're training max has increased.

So next progession it will recalculate based on that and I will be able to try and push that number. Only have some hesitation about how my new diet will affect my lifts in the future.

Going this morning to do legs. Just waiting on the wife to get up and get her coffee down! But I'm planning squats, hack squats, walking lunges, stiff-legged deads, and then calf work. Tomorrow is a day off, then next day is shoulders and my overhead press progressions. I may throw in some triceps as well.
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune, APEX ARC8, MILVS Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:01 AM   #763
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

I had 2 drinks last night and feel like doing nothing. Sucks dont wanna waste a day.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #764
FlaPatsFan
Major
727
Rep
1,161
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Holy crap.....I haven't seen Jefferson's in years. I remember a long time ago when I was young and stupid, and had a lower back injury I kept trying to train through.

My current gym owner who was a competitive powerlifter in the 70's actually showed me that exercise. It allowed me to deadlift with virtually no pain while my back recovered.

I remember it was a very awkward exercise for me to learn, but being short and having a short range of motion I got pretty decent at it.

I need to research it again as I used it as a means to an end, but I didn't really approach it from a "gains" perspective.

I honestly thought of it as a rehab exercise during the time!
Yeah they are an exercise you don稚 see many ppl doing. I知 the only one in my entire gym that does them. Or at least that I知 aware of. I知 not surprised your Powerlifting friend showed them to you. They definitely fall in the Combo Powerlifting movement category. What interesting is every time I do them I have someone come ask me about them. Happened yesterday when I was finished. A couple younger in shape guys were very curious. I was more then happy to explain and have them try it.

Knowledge is power!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt1431.00

      05-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #765
FlaPatsFan
Major
727
Rep
1,161
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I had 2 drinks last night and feel like doing nothing. Sucks dont wanna waste a day.
Drink a BANG, then go smash shit! Don稚 waste a Saturday! Relax tomorrow and eat!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:51 AM   #766
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Drink a BANG, then go smash shit! Don稚 waste a Saturday! Relax tomorrow and eat!!!!!!
Cant relax tomorrow either that's legs, debating chest or back today. I wont actually skip just getting moving here though.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #767
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Oh......he was being an ass. Mentioning it that many times of front of his girl proves that.

I mean I'm the first to compliment anyone I see who has put in work....even in front of my wife.

But I wouldn't ramble on and on about it. At that point, she may think I was having a man crush or something!
Arent you a watch dork also. Been looking for a late 60s twin jet 806 navitimer to add to my vintage stock. Busy but super cool I think.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 11:30 AM   #768
Rmtt
Major
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
1431
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Arent you a watch dork also. Been looking for a late 60s twin jet 806 navitimer to add to my vintage stock. Busy but super cool I think.
Lol!!!!!

I am.....but I thought that you were going to try to "thin the herd" ....so to speak. That would be a cool piece to add to the collection though. I don't think it's too busy.

My only issue is I haven't bought anything in awhile. My wife wants to move and find our retirement home, so I've been stashing cash for that as I want to try and make it as much of a sideways move as possible. Definitely not looking to get into more debt as the house is the only thing I have left to pay on....and I'm not too far off from that unless we end up moving into something considerable more costly.
__________________
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune, APEX ARC8, MILVS Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 12:01 PM   #769
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Did back pretty boy style 4 compound sets for total of 8 exercises. Feel smoked.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #770
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
8839
Rep
21,907
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Lol!!!!!

I am.....but I thought that you were going to try to "thin the herd" ....so to speak. That would be a cool piece to add to the collection though. I don't think it's too busy.

My only issue is I haven't bought anything in awhile. My wife wants to move and find our retirement home, so I've been stashing cash for that as I want to try and make it as much of a sideways move as possible. Definitely not looking to get into more debt as the house is the only thing I have left to pay on....and I'm not too far off from that unless we end up moving into something considerable more costly.
Yeah I have thinned the herd by giving away close to a dozen I would say. Things I'm not wearing and with lower value have been giving to wifes brother mostly. I have 18 now and could squeeze and get rid of 8 more but would need to sell most of those now. Cant get rid of 10 or wont.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 05-18-2019 at 12:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST