New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

03-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
7thGear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35i

Could use some help with Bimmercode

I just updated my new '16 35i with some of the Bimmercode changes I wanted, but the one thing that didn't appear on the list of coding options is the ability to fold the mirrors automatically upon locking the car. The only coding feature I found related to mirror folding was the one where the mirrors fold during convenient closing, but not on locking/unlocking. I thought that was a feature that we all had! Can anyone tell me what the feature is called? Or is it possible that the 2016's don't have that feature available?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #2
cuddapah
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i

If I remember right, after coding, press & hold the lock button and mirrors should close.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #3
7thGear
Private First Class
Rep

Right, but that's what convenient closing is. Holding the lock button raises the roof and folds the mirrors. What I'm after is to have the mirrors fold just on door locking. All the other Bimmer models seem to have that ability but not the E89, or at least not the final year of production.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #4
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

I'm not sure about bimmercode, but I can do what you want with Carly. I'll be in Aspen in early July. Meet me and I'll code it for you.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 11:45 PM   #5
7thGear
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
I'm not sure about bimmercode, but I can do what you want with Carly. I'll be in Aspen in early July. Meet me and I'll code it for you.
Coming out for Zfest? Snowmass will be gorgeous.

I thought Carly could only work with one VIN. I would have bought Carly myself, but Bimmercode was just a one-time $39 and no subscription. It did everything else I wanted and I don't need diagnostic capability. I guess having to push the mirror button won't be too bad of an inconvenience.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 03:13 PM   #6
jparnes1
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2012 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
Coming out for Zfest? Snowmass will be gorgeous.

I thought Carly could only work with one VIN. I would have bought Carly myself, but Bimmercode was just a one-time $39 and no subscription. It did everything else I wanted and I don't need diagnostic capability. I guess having to push the mirror button won't be too bad of an inconvenience.
No Carly isn't VIN-specific.
ZFEST he'll yeah. Coming out from New York. Do you drive with Hi RockeeZ?

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/2012, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black Leather, Carbon Trim, 6MT, M Sport, CW, PP, PS, NAV, CA.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #7
dmeerpa
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 (e89)

I had the same issue, and I solved it via the expert mode.
In my case for the CTM module those 2 lines where not active, put them on active, and it should work.
  • CAS : FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST
  • CTM : KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD89

If it still doesn't work check those values as well via the expert mode:

CAS MODULE (set both of these lines to aktiv)
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

CTM MODULE (all of these lines need to be set to aktiv, some may already be set to aktiv!) I am not sure its the same with CVM module..
KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD
CAS : FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST
CTM : KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD89
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 09:54 PM   #8
HowYouDoin232
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Z4 sDrive35i

Doing this does what exactly? Do your mirrors fold automatically each time you lock the car??
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeerpa View Post
In my case for the CTM module those 2 lines where not active, put them on active, and it should work.

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

CTM MODULE (all of these lines need to be set to aktiv, some may already be set to aktiv!) I am not sure its the same with CVM module..
KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:37 AM   #9
MTC
Registered
Rep
Drives: 23i sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeerpa View Post

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD

I did all that, it works although I have to hold the lock button for the mirrors to fold. Still, an improvement over can't do it via remote
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 07:04 PM   #10
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
I coded mine to close the mirrors on locking with Carly some time ago. I now have BimmerCode as well so I looked into it.

The coding requires fold on comfort closing, but BimmerCode doesn't offer the second necessary coding which is to set the closing delay time to 0.0 sec.

From the old Carly coding guide (I pulled it off Wayback. They no longer list all the options on the web site - you have to go through the app.):
Comfort close – door (comfort access)
• on
• off
Use comfort closing features when locking with the door handle. This only works if comfort access is installed. Touch the locking area on the door handle for a longer time to close all windows and the sunroof. (codable in CAS)

Comfort folding for sideview mirrors
• on
• off
When holding the lock/unlock button on the remote the sideview mirrors automatically fold/unfold. To activate this function please activate ‘Comfort folding/unfolding for sideview mirrors’ in the ‘FRM’ module. Also activate ‘Comfort open using remote’ and ‘Comfort close using remote’ in this module. (codable in CAS)

Comfort closing delay (mirrors)
• 0.0s
• 0.5s
• 1.5s
General delay for comfort closing. If ‘0.0s’ is set, mirrors fold immediately when car is locked. (codable in CAS)
I expect you could do it in BimmerCode expert mode but I don't have any experience with it.

Gerry