New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-22-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

Tell me your door ding stories

So I have no idea but I park far away and sometimes for some reason or another people will still park next too me. I seem to trust cars that are taken care of since they open door respectively but theres always some careless people flinging the door. Anyways, at the end of day its just metal but as a car enthusiast it bothers me and yes maybe need perspective and therapy lol but just drives me nuts when i find a door ding.

So my slight dimple mark that can be seen via sun glare only thankfully , not sure how to go about fixing this?
I did paintless dent repair befoew but guy i worked with is no where to be found.

Buying amaZon pdr kit seems option but can also make it worse.

Ill take picture if lighting is good

Anyways share ding it story and what you did afterwarda (fix or leave it)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 11:07 AM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

I have my PDR guy on speed dial, I can't leave door dings or scratches they bother me too much. I do the same thing...park where NOBODY is in the lot and sure enough I come out to someone parked right next to me with ten thousand other spots they could have chosen (in some cases I think people know it will bother you so they do it intentionally).
      05-22-2021, 12:12 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

about two years ago had paintless dent removal done on my hood and the work was excellent. Someone was either under the influence out slipped in the wet and braced themselves on the leading edge of my hood.

I'd always been neurotically carefully where I park so as to avoid damage.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 08:24 PM   #4
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Ask your local BMW or Porsche dealer who they use, then check him out.

My guy is just the best I've ever seen. Saved my E39 hood after a deer hit. Just amazing. Just the other day he completely removed a dent from the E82's "shoulder" (Zica) line that had been there since the previous owner. There are few spots more difficult to deal with without leaving pimples or rough paint. Now I can't even find it and, boy, did it bother me under certain lighting. Don't mess with it yourself unless you have years of experience. Our guy is so inexpensive and such a delight to work with, there's just no point. You'll spend more on tools you don't know how to use than you will just to pay a pro to handle it.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 12:44 AM   #5
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Ask your local BMW or Porsche dealer who they use, then check him out.

My guy is just the best I've ever seen. Saved my E39 hood after a deer hit. Just amazing. Just the other day he completely removed a dent from the E82's "shoulder" (Zica) line that had been there since the previous owner. There are few spots more difficult to deal with without leaving pimples or rough paint. Now I can't even find it and, boy, did it bother me under certain lighting. Don't mess with it yourself unless you have years of experience. Our guy is so inexpensive and such a delight to work with, there's just no point. You'll spend more on tools you don't know how to use than you will just to pay a pro to handle it.
How much we talking? Inremember using carmedic and the guy did good job and took out like 3 dings for 100$

I was thinking getting amazon kit and tackle this myself and experiment with like junkyard parts first
Appreciate 0