New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > E89 Z4 Photos / Video / Media Gallery

12-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #1
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
New bumper options

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
My car was involved in a hit and run…considering changing up my front bumper now. What are some nice clean options? I like the idea of the 1M look, but I heard Duraflex may not be a good brand? TIA
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 04:22 AM   #2
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

IMO there arent any nice clean tuning bumpers for e89... I would stick with OEM M style and just add a lip to it if you want more.

To change the look i think e89 would need a full bodykit to tie it all in. Even then they dont look that nice.. Stricking yes... nice no. Just doing the front leaves you wishing for something similar in the back aswell and maybe sides too..

If you are not going to do that then just save money get a used m-style front bumper from ebay or something... dont overthink it.

But hey thats just my opinion... People have different tastes etc...
      12-11-2021, 07:56 AM   #3
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
IMO there arent any nice clean tuning bumpers for e89... I would stick with OEM M style and just add a lip to it if you want more.

To change the look i think e89 would need a full bodykit to tie it all in. Even then they dont look that nice.. Stricking yes... nice no. Just doing the front leaves you wishing for something similar in the back aswell and maybe sides too..

If you are not going to do that then just save money get a used m-style front bumper from ebay or something... dont overthink it.

But hey thats just my opinion... People have different tastes etc...
I like the idea of the M sport bumper.

Is this it?

https://www.getbmwparts.com/p-e89-z4...pke89z4msportf

Is it a direct fit?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 09:23 AM   #4
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep

Should be... saw video on youtube where some guy upgraded his z4 to m bumper...

I even asked in comments if anything else had to be replaced (ducting, undertray etc). He replied that he did not replace any of it... and it did fit.

this is the video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MXwh3CxddA
      12-11-2021, 09:36 AM   #5
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep

EDIT:
Looked at pictures of your car on the other thread.. you already have M bumper so its just direct replacement for you... and add front lip to it (look at proboner pictures for example) and call it a day.

My car doesnt have M style bumpers so thats why i have looked into it a bit. But yours already has it.

Non M looks like this and my car looks pretty much exactly like that:
      12-11-2021, 12:53 PM   #6
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
EDIT:
Looked at pictures of your car on the other thread.. you already have M bumper so its just direct replacement for you... and add front lip to it (look at proboner pictures for example) and call it a day.

My car doesnt have M style bumpers so thats why i have looked into it a bit. But yours already has it.

Non M looks like this and my car looks pretty much exactly like that:
Lol. I didn't even know i have the M bumper. Thanks!
Appreciate 0