New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-19-2023, 03:15 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

HELP fixing sun visor?

Ok, the metal clips on both ends broke (circled green) and I'm wondering if you guys know if I can just buy a couple of them...instead of buying the ENTIRE sun visor as I'm sure that's BMW's genius 'solution'. If this part isn't for sale, do you think I can find something similar at Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc? Please tell me if you guys have any ingenious solution ideas. TIA.

https://e89.zpost.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1681935050
Attached Images

The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 05:36 PM   #2
Tangent
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01, F82, E89, F25

RealOEM only lists the entire visor so the clips aren't separate. To be honest I wouldn't expect this to be broken into separate pieces; BMW themselves is going to get this as a single item from their supplier. That said, this is an expensive item; you might want to check with BMW recyclers.
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2023, 06:50 PM   #3
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
RealOEM only lists the entire visor so the clips aren't separate. To be honest I wouldn't expect this to be broken into separate pieces; BMW themselves is going to get this as a single item from their supplier. That said, this is an expensive item; you might want to check with BMW recyclers.
Hey, thanks for checking for me. Ya, I suspected as much that they would go the crazy $$$$ route and just supply the whole unit.

I crazy-glued the clip and will stuff the gaps w paper towel material to make it snug, it should do the trick even if the clip breaks again.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 09:02 AM   #4
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Search for e89 Z4 sun visor on ebay.. There are many offers starting from 60 dollars + shipping and tax.
It looks like you have ordinary sun visors not leather wrapped ones that come with extended leather option. If so you can get replacement visor from ebay easily. or order a new one from dealer etc...
Guys with leather visors are kind of out of luck.. cant find them on ebay and new ones are expensive.
For example on german bmw OEM parts webshop hubauer-shop.de new ordinary sunvisor cost 108 eur while for a leather sunvisor they are asking 341 eur.
      04-20-2023, 11:13 AM   #5
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
Search for e89 Z4 sun visor on ebay.. There are many offers starting from 60 dollars + shipping and tax.
It looks like you have ordinary sun visors not leather wrapped ones that come with extended leather option. If so you can get replacement visor from ebay easily. or order a new one from dealer etc...
Guys with leather visors are kind of out of luck.. cant find them on ebay and new ones are expensive.
For example on german bmw OEM parts webshop hubauer-shop.de new ordinary sunvisor cost 108 eur while for a leather sunvisor they are asking 341 eur.
Tx also to you for looking. It's still expensive to me to buy a whole new visor, esp when just those clips are broken (btw, what a poor design, ofc they will break eventually, they are shaped as a 'V' and the pressure will eventually make the tip break). I just did a DIY fix, should be good enough.
Appreciate 0