New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #89
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
MediaArtist's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,186
Posts

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Yeah people, c'mon this is the playoffs. As Kobe said, the playoffs are like a Marathon. You can go and sink someone on their home court, and then get blown out by one of the largest margins in playoff history, just ask the Golden State Warriors.

btw ybbiz, Granger lit up the Dubs last night. That guy when he's healthy can shoot!
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #90
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
KwlAznKid's Avatar
278
Rep
3,042
Posts

Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles/Fremont USC/UCSD Alum

iTrader: (6)

that was embarrassing last night
__________________
BMW E93 M3 / Mercedes Benz W209 CLK500
BMW E64 650I(sold) / BMW E92 328I(sold) / BMW E46 M3(sold) / BMW E92 335I(sold)
Porsche 996 911 C2(sold) / BMW E46 325CI(totaled)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #91
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
MediaArtist's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,186
Posts

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
that was embarrassing last night
Don't worry. I hear Dubs are pretty good on their home court at "Roar-icle Arena".
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #92
Clippers_FTW
Private
3
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Lost 2 close ones in Oakland... 1st was on Christmas when Blake Griffin was tossed because "bogus" got tangled up with him (on purpose). Second was a close one "without" Chris Paul. When you lose by 40 points shouldn't matter which arena you are in. You are "not" a better team. Last game showed Griffin's dominance when he plays more than 4 minutes in the 1st half.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #93
Clippers_FTW
Private
3
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Blake is on a different level. #3 on the MVP ladder.. I can only imagine his improvement over this summer to next season. When our bench doesn't brick everything thrown at the rim that's just adding salt to the wound.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #94
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
MediaArtist's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,186
Posts

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippers_FTW View Post
Lost 2 close ones in Oakland... 1st was on Christmas when Blake Griffin was tossed because "bogus" got tangled up with him (on purpose). Second was a close one "without" Chris Paul. When you lose by 40 points shouldn't matter which arena you are in. You are "not" a better team. Last game showed Griffin's dominance when he plays more than 4 minutes in the 1st half.
The Christmas game was a travesty. That game was close and competitive and Clippers were coming on, then Dray-bum Green and Andrew Bogus start acting like thugs in the middle of West Oakland, and get Blake ejected.

I like the Dubs, but I can't stand the "hey we're tough thugs straight outta Oakland" mentality some of their players have. Jordan Crawford bum rushing Collison, and Spieghts trying to elbow Davis were totally uncalled for. I'm glad Bogus broke his ribs. Thug life baby.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #95
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
ybbiz34's Avatar
494
Rep
4,958
Posts

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Yeah people, c'mon this is the playoffs. As Kobe said, the playoffs are like a Marathon. You can go and sink someone on their home court, and then get blown out by one of the largest margins in playoff history, just ask the Golden State Warriors.

btw ybbiz, Granger lit up the Dubs last night. That guy when he's healthy can shoot!
At the time the trade went down, I thought it was brilliant to dump Granger and get something in return (Turner) instead of just letting him walk for nothing after the season.

Now, I think it's one of the worst mistakes that Larry Bird made. Granger has solid playoff experience and now, more than ever, I think he was the glue that held the Pacers locker room together.

He was the only long-term veteran on the team that had been drafted by the organization.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Review of F82 M4: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1008143
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #96
Clippers_FTW
Private
3
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaumont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
At the time the trade went down, I thought it was brilliant to dump Granger and get something in return (Turner) instead of just letting him walk for nothing after the season.

Now, I think it's one of the worst mistakes that Larry Bird made. Granger has solid playoff experience and now, more than ever, I think he was the glue that held the Pacers locker room together.

He was the only long-term veteran on the team that had been drafted by the organization.
Two things sadden me...
#1 Though at the time Eric Gordon was a beast... he's nothing now.. should have traded him for granger when the proposed trade went though..

#2 WTF is Al Farouq Aminu doing now? We should drafted picked Paul Geroge


I'm happy how things worked out. I really hope Granger stays and jumps into our starting lineup next year. The Jordan Crawford hockey check non basketball play was more of their (GSW) antics trying to hurt our players.
I've heard a lot of flopping comments about the Clippers.. but have only seen the flopping coming from GSW. Either way. Game 1 was def handed to you by the refs (hate using that as an excuse). We didn't help ourselves with the turnovers but when the 3rd best basketball player in the league only gets 4 minutes in the 1st half its pretty bad.

Whats with Mark Jackson's coaching? Letting his players get 3-4 fouls in the 1st 2 quarters?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #97
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
MediaArtist's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,186
Posts

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Granger can start when he proves he's not going to shatter running down the court. So far so good, but the playoffs, especially in the West, are going to be grueling this year.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #98
IndotagSwizz
Major
IndotagSwizz's Avatar
436
Rep
1,132
Posts

Drives: F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself, saw this and had to repost it...
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #99
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
256
Rep
1,538
Posts

Drives: i3 REX
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Even though the season series says otherwise, I feel the Clippers have a better chance vs. the Grizzlies (Griz 2 Clips 1) than they do vs. the Thunder (split 2-2)

Yes I may be jumping ahead of myself but I feel the Clippers will take first round in 6
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #100
JohnSprm69
Colonel
111
Rep
2,007
Posts

Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
We've heard that before. Right before we clinched the 1 seed.

On to tonight.


may the basketball god be with your pacers, only they lord knows how much they need him
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #101
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
101
Rep
2,368
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
We've heard that before. Right before we clinched the 1 seed.

On to tonight.
Pacers didnt clinch the #1 seed from playing good. They only clinched it because the Heat played worst than the Pacers and lost the last few games of the regular season.

12-14 record since March and getting blown out by #8 seed with a 46% regular season record is definitely something to be worried about, IMO.

I still think the Pacers will beat the Hawks but getting past Chicago or Miami is a whole different story.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #102
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
9
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: F30 N55
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: N/A

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
LOL! Love Mark Cuban. No matter what you may think about his extracurriculars, Cuban is on the sidelines at almost every game, home AND away. Too many of these sports franchise owners are these old ass geezers/fogies that only really care about the expense reports of their teams and have no real interest in the game.

You can tell Mark Cuban is an actual fan and his passion shows. Glad he's in Dallas!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #103
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
ybbiz34's Avatar
494
Rep
4,958
Posts

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
may the basketball god be with your pacers, only they lord knows how much they need him
They need me to suit up to stroke some threes. I honestly think I could turn in a better stat line than Hibbert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Pacers didnt clinch the #1 seed from playing good. They only clinched it because the Heat played worst than the Pacers and lost the last few games of the regular season.
Regardless of how the Pacers finished (which admittedly, it was lackluster final month), that team busted its ass the entire season to put itself in a position to be able to secure the 1 seed. And they won the few games they needed to down the stretch to prevent it from slipping away after having it locked down for a long while.

Yes, I'm concerned with their play as of late but to boil the entire season down to March and 1 playoff game is a little much for me.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Review of F82 M4: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1008143
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #104
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
ybbiz34's Avatar
494
Rep
4,958
Posts

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

The Pacers must read this thread. Keep up the hate.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Review of F82 M4: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1008143
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #105
JohnSprm69
Colonel
111
Rep
2,007
Posts

Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
The Pacers must read this thread. Keep up the hate.
ha, the gods are just, they gave the pacers the strength and wisdom to pound the hawks tonight.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #106
TrevorM3
Major General
1929
Rep
6,590
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrophoneMic View Post
LOL! Love Mark Cuban. No matter what you may think about his extracurriculars, Cuban is on the sidelines at almost every game, home AND away. Too many of these sports franchise owners are these old ass geezers/fogies that only really care about the expense reports of their teams and have no real interest in the game.

You can tell Mark Cuban is an actual fan and his passion shows. Glad he's in Dallas!


Yea absolutely. Cuban is very smart man.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #107
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
MediaArtist's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,186
Posts

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Damn, Chicago down 0-2 against the Wizards. Who saw that coming?
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #108
Nkc
NOOB
Nkc's Avatar
1239
Rep
1,310
Posts

Drives: Cars
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver/Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Damn, Chicago down 0-2 against the Wizards. Who saw that coming?
Not me. Just glad that there's a possibility that Heats won't be facing them anymore.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #109
JohnSprm69
Colonel
111
Rep
2,007
Posts

Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Damn, Chicago down 0-2 against the Wizards. Who saw that coming?
i didn't for sure i could have sworn chicago was going to take this series.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #110
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
101
Rep
2,368
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Not me. Just glad that there's a possibility that Heats won't be facing them anymore.
Heat wasn't going to face the Bulls anyways. Unless Pacers lose to the Bulls.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 nba playoffs, nba playoffs, the finals

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST