New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-06-2018, 01:42 AM   #1
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Parking at 2018 German Grand Prix

My wife and I are doing Euro Delivery on Wednesday, July 18 and driving to Heidelberg on Thursday, July 19. We have 3-day tickets for the German Grand Prix. After looking at various transportation options, we have decided just to drive from Heidelberg to Hockenheimring each day and park there.

We're looking for advice from anyone that has done this. It appears that there is lots of parking available, some free and some paid. We're not averse to paying for parking, as the available paid parking appears to be cheaper than taking the train, which has to go to Mannheim first, and driving and parking seems to be easier.

All of the information that I can find indicates that paid parking must be paid for in advance, but I can't find any links to where you actually pay for the parking.

Any help would be appreciated!

Appreciate 1
      07-06-2018, 06:24 AM   #2
DerEisbaer
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & VW Golf Mk2

I grew up very close to Hockenheim and went a couple of times, but don't recall in detail where to park.

Free parking ist mostly on a "field", i.e. maybe not the best for a new car

Connecting in Mannheim is no issue, there normally is a shuttle from Hockenheim main station to the circuit. And: during rush hour public transport will be way faster than crawling through the traffic-jam (which can be found all around the Motodrom).

Hope you have some spots in the area on the sightseeing list besides Hockenheimring !?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #3
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Thank you!

Parking on a field isn't really a problem, unless of course it rains and it's all mud!

I'll have to take a closer look at the train option.

Appreciate 1
      07-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #4
usafmike
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 On Order (Aug Delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
My wife and I are doing Euro Delivery on Wednesday, July 18 and driving to Heidelberg on Thursday, July 19. We have 3-day tickets for the German Grand Prix. After looking at various transportation options, we have decided just to drive from Heidelberg to Hockenheimring each day and park there.

We're looking for advice from anyone that has done this. It appears that there is lots of parking available, some free and some paid. We're not averse to paying for parking, as the available paid parking appears to be cheaper than taking the train, which has to go to Mannheim first, and driving and parking seems to be easier.

All of the information that I can find indicates that paid parking must be paid for in advance, but I can't find any links to where you actually pay for the parking.

Any help would be appreciated!
I went to the German GP at Hockenheim back in 2016. We stayed in Heidelberg and drove to the track Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We ended up parking down near turn 1 as they had a HUGE field to park cars in. We sat right across from the pits in the grandstands. The parking was free every day and traffic wasn't bad, but we did get there early. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2018, 08:20 AM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Thank you!

Parking on a field isn't really a problem, unless of course it rains and it's all mud!

I'll have to take a closer look at the train option.
Negative about rain (NO rain) The last 2 months we are hit by a heat wave !
For this weekend and the next weeks the weather prediction is even hotter ...
It's more like 33° Celsius (shadow temperature) => *91.4 degrees Fahrenheit*

People are praying for rain ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
usafmike
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 On Order (Aug Delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative about rain (NO rain) The last 2 months we are hit by a heat wave !
For this weekend and the next weeks the weather prediction is even hotter ...
It's more like 33° Celsius (shadow temperature) => *91.4 degrees Fahrenheit*

People are praying for rain ...
I'm baking down here in Germany. Going to be brutal for the people who are sitting in the stands this weekend for the race.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafmike View Post
I'm baking down here in Germany. Going to be brutal for the people who are sitting in the stands this weekend for the race.
Indeed my friend , it's going to be brutal for the people in the sun ! We/I never saw such hot temperatures before !
My grass and garden is actually burned by the sun...Even the ground is cracked !
Last rain (thunderstorms) we got was here in # 32 => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...1505622&page=2
Like I said above ...The weather prediction is even hotter

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #8
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

All the info you'll need is here:

https://www.hockenheimring.de/anfahrt-parken

Enjoy the race! Could be interesting, the Bulls look pretty fast.

English right here:

https://www.hockenheimring.de/en/directions-parking