New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-04-2021, 03:07 PM   #89
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Here it is school bus drivers, they simply CANNOT find enough and some of the characters driving right now are dead set borderline street people.
Some states in the northeast USA have resorted to using the National Guard to cover for school bus driver shortages.....
      11-04-2021, 03:13 PM   #90
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Here it is school bus drivers, they simply CANNOT find enough and some of the characters driving right now are dead set borderline street people.
You know why? Its because of us. Some of us anyways. We've decided to teach our children that they are entitled to everything, and we coddle them and we don't discipline them.

Naturally, they become scumbags in short order with miserable attitudes that absolutely no one wants to deal with, and to top it all off, as a school bus driver you can't lay hands on these miscreants and teach them what's up. No, you just have to take it. Maybe get to turn the bus around.

Screw that, I totally get why no one is stepping forward to be a bus driver. Its a miserable job, and the vast majority of us parents made it that way.

When I took the bus, you better believe I listened to the driver. So did the rest. Not to say we weren't rowdy at times, but we knew precisely what was going to happen if we were speaking when we should have been listening.

And that was due to our parents. Who disciplined us. We are just reaping what we sowed.
Appreciate 9
E92inNC1709.50
Tommy-G4486.50
vreihen1615241.00
lakefront560.50
zx10guy5149.50
King Rudi13154.00
ASAP10157.50
      11-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #91
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You know why? Its because of us. Some of us anyways. We've decided to teach our children that they are entitled to everything, and we coddle them and we don't discipline them.

Naturally, they become scumbags in short order with miserable attitudes that absolutely no one wants to deal with, and to top it all off, as a school bus driver you can't lay hands on these miscreants and teach them what's up. No, you just have to take it. Maybe get to turn the bus around.

Screw that, I totally get why no one is stepping forward to be a bus driver. Its a miserable job, and the vast majority of us parents made it that way.

When I took the bus, you better believe I listened to the driver. So did the rest. Not to say we weren't rowdy at times, but we knew precisely what was going to happen if we were speaking when we should have been listening.

And that was due to our parents. Who disciplined us. We are just reaping what we sowed.
Truth. A good friend of mine used to be a high school teacher. She loved teaching but got out of it because many of the parents were using the schools as their day care centers and didn't care to discipline their hell spawns.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615241.00