New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-04-2022, 10:49 AM   #661
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Just so I can follow along on your 4D chess match, lets recap:

You post up some sources :

So, since I can't follow along due to all your crushing and winning, are you not able to find a non-shitty source, so you decided to use a reverse-uno card on me and used the same source I did (which agrees with me), or are Teslas really just that bad and you can't find a reputable source that disagrees with me (and so many others)?

Keep in mind, this data comes from actual tesla owners being polled. It's not my data, it's Tesla owner data.

You still fail to show proof of tesla being ahead of all other car makers, unless you use narrow criteria, in which case any car maker can be proven to be better than tesla with a similar narrowed-criteria approach.

If you have to move the goal post to win, you aren't winning.

^ Seriously thinking about making the bolded part my new signature.

If a car or brand is claimed to be "the best", I presume things like build quality might be a consideration.
I'm reminded of the saying "Never argue with a moron. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." It's fun to watch this clown "debate" people, but you have to keep your blood pressure in check while doing so.
Appreciate 2
chad86tsi1605.00
x622972.50
      11-04-2022, 10:58 AM   #662
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
Quote:
Just so I can follow along on your 4D chess match, lets recap:

You post up some sources :

So, since I can't follow along due to all your crushing and winning, are you not able to find a non-shitty source, so you decided to use a reverse-uno card on me and used the same source I did (which agrees with me), or are Teslas really just that bad and you can't find a reputable source that disagrees with me (and so many others)?

Keep in mind, this data comes from actual tesla owners being polled. It's not my data, it's Tesla owner data.

You still fail to show proof of tesla being ahead of all other car makers, unless you use narrow criteria, in which case any car maker can be proven to be better than tesla with a similar narrowed-criteria approach.

If you have to move the goal post to win, you aren't winning.

If a car or brand is claimed to be "the best", I presume things like build quality might be a consideration.
I'm reminded of the saying "Never argue with a moron. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." It's fun to watch this clown "debate" people, but you have to keep your blood pressure in check while doing so.
Again. Run as fast as you can and slam your head into a brick wall. Same as debating that dude. He was picked last in Gym class his entire life. Parents have all his 12th place trophies hanging up. Give the guy a break🤪😂
Appreciate 3
chad86tsi1605.00
Cos270608.50
M3WC3646.50
      11-04-2022, 11:10 AM   #663
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Use google.

Tesla is the leading ev car maker period.

A car maker makes an ev at a price point and falls short in almost every aspect. Less power, shorter range, shitty network.

Until car makers can beat Tesla at all that, it’s inferior to it period.

I hate to keep burying you guys in this ev discussion but I guess sometimes people like experiencing pain.
Appreciate 1
chris7197365.00
      11-04-2022, 11:12 AM   #664
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I haven’t lost a debate yet on this forum.

Why don’t you participate instead of dick riding their posts by liking them but never posting lmao
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #665
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I haven’t lost a debate yet on this forum.

Why don’t you participate instead of dick riding their posts by liking them but never posting lmao
Because you can't lose. See my post above, I'm not going to engage.
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00
      11-04-2022, 12:13 PM   #666
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Because you can't lose. See my post above, I'm not going to engage.
If I’m wrong on something I’ll admit I’m wrong.

Everything I have said about Tesla has been right but because you guys hate Tesla so much you default to calling names and talking about other things I’m not even talking about like build quality and reliability.

No one said you have to like Tesla. Lots of people I know hate them with a passion. My coworkers love my model 3. You can’t please everyone.

But to say Tesla isn’t at the top of the ev chain and you’re only fooling yourselves.

Like I said over and over, car makers will catch up I’m sure. Right now Tesla is on top.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 12:16 PM   #667
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

I think you mean "the baddest".
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00
      11-04-2022, 12:19 PM   #668
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
If I’m wrong on something I’ll admit I’m wrong.

Everything I have said about Tesla has been right but because you guys hate Tesla so much you default to calling names and talking about other things I’m not even talking about like build quality and reliability.

No one said you have to like Tesla. Lots of people I know hate them with a passion. My coworkers love my model 3. You can’t please everyone.

But to say Tesla isn’t at the top of the ev chain and you’re only fooling yourselves.

Like I said over and over, car makers will catch up I’m sure. Right now Tesla is on top.
Two things can be true at once: Tesla can be at the top of the EV chain while simultaneously not making the best EV. For YOUR money, they may, but for others, they may not. That's all this argument boils down to. You're dead set on cudgeling people to accept your "facts" and will not accept that people want different things out of their cars and have differing opinions on what makes the best the best.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 12:23 PM   #669
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
The 2023 KIA EV6 is getting rave reviews. Most of them saying its even better than tesla in many ways. Coming to the US in 2023.

It has a new battery system where it can charge up to 80% in 10 minutes.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...nfirmed-specs/
it is.

ordered one.

took the beemer for a blast around the country roads and it was magical.

but around town petrol engines don't work for me. a pig to drive. i don't want to save the planet i just want a better commuting experience. m340i - you step on the gas and like 90s internet there is a lot of waiting around before the car moves. i don't want to be WOT in town at every turn and junction, i'm not 16. i just want the car to move when i say so, EV will do that.

tested Tesla vs Kia - cancelled Model Y that was waiting for me at the shop and ordered the EV6.

the Kia feels like you're in a luxury car. so quiet - zero road noise zero wind noise. so comfortable in the front (not the rear) - the seat can assume an F1 driving position if you wanted! almost fell asleep in that position.

if you've driven an electric go-kart that's how it handles round bends at legal road speeds (not very high in my country - 60mph). yet not overly bumpy over pot holes. i have no idea how they did it.

Model Y it not relaxing at all. it's more spacious but that's where the good things end. shorter range. bumpy as a Honda on cut springs. noisy like a bus. steering overly sensitive. have to find buried under endless menu screens to change wiper speed, AC, glove box - i want better commuting experience, the screen is hard work for me!

Last edited by G30M; 11-04-2022 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
chad86tsi1605.00
HerkHealer1729.50
      11-04-2022, 01:20 PM   #670
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Two things can be true at once: Tesla can be at the top of the EV chain while simultaneously not making the best EV. For YOUR money, they may, but for others, they may not. That's all this argument boils down to. You're dead set on cudgeling people to accept your "facts" and will not accept that people want different things out of their cars and have differing opinions on what makes the best the best.
So that’s how people get confused.

When people buy something, they can still like or not like it. I have bought many cars and didn’t like them while continuing to own it until either the lease is up or I find something better and do the trade.

When someone who knows nothing about cars but want an ev. Based on exactly what I’ve been saying. Someone is saying Gee I want a fast ev but range has to be good and I need a network to back me up because sometimes I cant charge at home, what car should I get? I know, a Tesla. It’s a known brand because they’re all over the road. They work. Theyre fast. They have great range given how fast it is and nothing can beat teslas supercharger network.

That’s why they’re the best ev. No one looks at Tesla and goes yeah I’ll buy that because the interior is simple. Idc about the power or network I want that simple interior.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 01:37 PM   #671
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
This is cool!
      11-04-2022, 01:43 PM   #672
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G99M5 View Post
it is.

ordered one.

took the beemer for a blast around the country roads and it was magical.

but around town petrol engines don't work for me. a pig to drive. i don't want to save the planet i just want a better commuting experience. m340i - you step on the gas and like 90s internet there is a lot of waiting around before the car moves. i don't want to be WOT in town at every turn and junction, i'm not 16. i just want the car to move when i say so, EV will do that.

tested Tesla vs Kia - cancelled Model Y that was waiting for me at the shop and ordered the EV6.

the Kia feels like you're in a luxury car. so quiet - zero road noise zero wind noise. so comfortable in the front (not the rear) - the seat can assume an F1 driving position if you wanted! almost fell asleep in that position.

if you've driven an electric go-kart that's how it handles round bends at legal road speeds (not very high in my country - 60mph). yet not overly bumpy over pot holes. i have no idea how they did it.

Model Y it not relaxing at all. it's more spacious but that's where the good things end. shorter range. bumpy as a Honda on cut springs. noisy like a bus. steering overly sensitive. have to find buried under endless menu screens to change wiper speed, AC, glove box - i want better commuting experience, the screen is hard work for me!
Congrats. E-GMP platform is one of the best out there. Hyundai/Kia is going to do very well building off that platform for years to come.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 02:01 PM   #673
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
When someone who knows nothing about cars but want an ev. Based on exactly what I’ve been saying. Someone is saying Gee I want a fast ev but range has to be good and I need a network to back me up because sometimes I cant charge at home, what car should I get?
Taking that Criteria, Tesla is the best in most cases. The first criteria is probably the one that best predicts the final choice.

If there are any customers using any -other- criteria, Tesla is going to rank low, or even at the bottom.

There are a lot of other criteria's.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #674
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Taking that Criteria, Tesla is the best in most cases. The first criteria is probably the one that best predicts the final choice.

If there are any customers using any -other- criteria, Tesla is going to rank low, or even at the bottom.

Again, as a whole Tesla can not be beat.

There is no perfect car.

An ev right now is a very simple thought. And by that, you categorize it in what I have been explaining this whole time.

Power, range and network. It’s not rocket science.

Why do people still buy a mache? Because they don’t want a Tesla.

If one is just after better build quality, that means they’re willing to sacrifice those important needs in an ev for something they believe is better, like the ev6 or a mache or whatever.

Someone who comes into the market with no knowledge at all and wants the best value for an EV, why ever look elsewhere besides Tesla?

You want the power, Tesla has it. You want the range, Tesla has it. You want the network, Tesla has it. And the price point is unmatched when you consider those things.

When someone looks elsewhere means they want want different than the rest, and the car being an ev is just a bonus.

When ev is bought because they want the best value ev, Tesla will be number 1.

At least for now until car makers catch up.
      11-04-2022, 02:33 PM   #675
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Brawndo, it's what plants crave.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 02:45 PM   #676
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Idk man, it’s like when you reply with something like that, you show defeat.

At least admit that and I’ll stop posting in this thread lol
      11-04-2022, 03:02 PM   #677
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

When it comes to EV's I geek out on things like 800v architecture of Taycan or EV6 or Ioniq 5. Taycan's charging curve is unmatched. Recently did a 800+ mile road trip in a relative's Taycan Cross Turismo. Longest charge time we had was only 15min, thing is pegged above 200kw almost to 50%. Stays above 150kw until 75%. Taycan is by far the best road trip EV. Also geek out on Rivian tech, with it's quad motors. If I were to spend over $80k on a EV right now, it would be a Rivian no question. Supposedly they will also have 3500 fast chargers up by end of next year, for Rivian customers only. Rivian really stands out, doing things a little different. The reviews have been stellar and they are keeping up on software updates. Unfortunately the R1S has a waitlist a mile long.
Appreciate 2
chad86tsi1605.00
Cos270608.50
      11-04-2022, 03:28 PM   #678
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Idk man, it’s like when you reply with something like that, you show defeat.

At least admit that and I’ll stop posting in this thread lol
You only want your EV to meet 3 criteria.

That video was inspired by these quotes :

Someone who comes into the market with no knowledge at all.

someone who knows nothing about cars but want an ev

That ^ someone probably drinks Brawndo.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      11-04-2022, 03:35 PM   #679
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
No. This is how ev buyers shop. Why else would someone buy an ev6 with less performance, shitty range and inferior network.

Oh I know, the interior is nicer.

Thanks for proving me right.
      11-04-2022, 03:36 PM   #680
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
When it comes to EV's I geek out on things like 800v architecture of Taycan or EV6 or Ioniq 5. Taycan's charging curve is unmatched. Recently did a 800+ mile road trip in a relative's Taycan Cross Turismo. Longest charge time we had was only 15min, thing is pegged above 200kw almost to 50%. Stays above 150kw until 75%. Taycan is by far the best road trip EV. Also geek out on Rivian tech, with it's quad motors.
But is it Fast and cheap?

Quote:
If I were to spend over $80k on a EV right now, it would be a Rivian no question. Supposedly they will also have 3500 fast chargers up by end of next year, for Rivian customers only. Rivian really stands out, doing things a little different. The reviews have been stellar and they are keeping up on software updates. Unfortunately the R1S has a waitlist a mile long.
But is it Fast and cheap?

Sorry LOL

The Rivian has piques my interest too. Our next purchase will be a medium to large SUV, and hopefully something EV. The last recent purchase was going to be a large sedan, and the Model S just didn't ring my bells when I test drove it. Interior styling was Meh, support model where I live sucks balls, and couple that with the quality/reliability issues, that doubles the impact of that factor. It's OK with me that it's a dated look, but man for this price point you can make small changes more often to keep it fresh. Really it was the interior and lacking features that killed it for me. I got what I wanted, it's just not an EV for now.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      11-04-2022, 03:43 PM   #681
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Why else would someone buy an ev6 with less performance, shitty range and inferior network.

Oh I know, the interior is nicer.
Yes, thanks! Now we agree.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2022, 04:12 PM   #682
IsleOfMs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

I haven't driven a Tesla but I've ridden in 3 of them (2 Ss and 1 3).

What shocked me was how uncomfortable the seats are. I've owned an Elise and nothing I've ever sat in was as uncomfortable as those Teslas. I've since learned it's because they tried to compensate for the high floor by going super low with the seats. Again, Elise owner here. It was not pleasant.

Also the vegan materials are awful. The huge tablet glued to the dash looks tacky. The ride is way too firm (ahem, Elise, 3 Porsches (one with PSS9s), and an E46 M3 Comp) all way less choppy.

I'd like to try an E-tron GT some time to see if an actual car company can make a more enjoyable ride than a battery company or if maybe I'll never like any electric car.
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00