New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2023, 06:59 AM   #419
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Killed by Death's Avatar
13082
Rep
3,648
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well , I agree with that .
On the other hand : MAX is planning to run the 24h/Le Mans race !
MAX would love to get Alonso in his Le Mans team . ALO already said : Ohh Yes !
But MAX would love to get the Hulk as well . But the Hulk's body weight is too heavy .
As we know , the LMP1 cars are extremely light .
Get Charlie
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
      12-04-2023, 10:27 AM   #420
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Get Charlie
He's light as a feather
Appreciate 2
      12-04-2023, 11:36 AM   #421
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64517
Rep
24,933
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well , I agree with that .
On the other hand : MAX is planning to run the 24h/Le Mans race !
MAX would love to get Alonso in his Le Mans team . ALO already said : Ohh Yes !
But MAX would love to get the Hulk as well . But the Hulk's body weight is too heavy .
As we know , the LMP1 cars are extremely light .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Get Charlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
He's light as a feather
Yuki !
Attached Images
 
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61553.50
      12-04-2023, 11:47 AM   #422
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64517
Rep
24,933
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
The day of shame for motorsports and I said I wouldn't go to Silverstone again after that.
.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
      12-04-2023, 12:11 PM   #423
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yuki !
Looks like Yuki @54kg and Sergio @63kg are the lightest according to the weight table unless one of those two backs out then Fernie @69kg can join in.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2023, 12:12 PM   #424
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
.
No words.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2023, 12:48 PM   #425
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Killed by Death's Avatar
13082
Rep
3,648
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yuki !
KBD 83Kg
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
      12-04-2023, 02:41 PM   #426
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64517
Rep
24,933
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
KBD 83Kg
///M Power-Belgium

Lenght 1.89 meter / Weight 95 KG

I will not be selected for Le Mans
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
      12-04-2023, 02:42 PM   #427
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64517
Rep
24,933
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
No words.
Still....Lost in words
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61553.50
      12-04-2023, 03:20 PM   #428
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
KBD 83Kg
M5Rick: 85kg and 6' high...maybe..just maybe if someone has dodgy food I'll get a call heheh
Appreciate 2
      12-04-2023, 04:27 PM   #429
dfox
First Lieutenant
729
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: E88 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: North of Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Still....Lost in words
I haven't been a life-long motorsports fan, but watching that crash and Grosjean's crash are burned in my memory...
Appreciate 3
      12-04-2023, 06:07 PM   #430
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
Car-Addicted's Avatar
United_States
7266
Rep
1,972
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Central PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
For me it was Anton Senna's crash at Tamburello corner at the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola in 1994. A terrible weekend for Formula One. Roland Ratzemberger and Anton Senna gone too soon.

Appreciate 4
M5Rick61553.50
dfox729.00
      12-04-2023, 06:36 PM   #431
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64517
Rep
24,933
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I haven't been a life-long motorsports fan, but watching that crash and Grosjean's crash are burned in my memory...
Sure . At that moment ,I was watching the race live as always . The moment when Grosjean crashed , I jumped up and screamed NOOOOO.... !!! Grosejean crashed and died !
I mean at that moment with the huge explosion in the Armco barrier , this couldn't be otherwise .
No one can survive a crash like that , the explosion and the fire of hell !

And then suddenly , Romain Grosjean just walked out of the sea of fire ..... man I was so happy that Grosjean survived it !
Is was like a miracle ...

Attached Images
 
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
Autobacs1397.50
M5Rick61553.50
dfox729.00
      12-05-2023, 02:53 AM   #432
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
For me it was Anton Senna's crash at Tamburello corner at the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola in 1994. A terrible weekend for Formula One. Roland Ratzemberger and Anton Senna gone too soon.

Senna was clinically dead on impact with a track rod or another suspension part piercing his helmet, before suspension tethers rules were applied in 1999 and then reinforced with doubling the tethers in 2011. That weekend from March to the 1st April with Ratzenberger killed in quali and Barrichello coming close was the blackest time for me.
We complain about too many FIA rules now, some taking in safety but if Balestre's FIA had stepped in to stop the cutting and re-welding of Senna's car steering rod in situ for safety reasons then he would be still be watching F1 with us now.
https://www.formula1-dictionary.net/wheel_tethers.html

Last edited by M5Rick; 12-05-2023 at 03:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2023, 03:08 AM   #433
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sure . At that moment ,I was watching the race live as always . The moment when Grosjean crashed , I jumped up and screamed NOOOOO.... !!! Grosejean crashed and died !
I mean at that moment with the huge explosion in the Armco barrier , this couldn't be otherwise .
No one can survive a crash like that , the explosion and the fire of hell !

And then suddenly , Romain Grosjean just walked out of the sea of fire ..... man I was so happy that Grosjean survived it !
Is was like a miracle ...

I stopped breathing for a few seconds watching GRO's fireball and thinking now of the coming 50% electric power coming in 2026...we've all seen the resulting outcome of Li batteries which burn at far higher temps, the warnings are there from many experts.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2023, 04:57 AM   #434
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64517
Rep
24,933
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Senna was clinically dead on impact with a track rod or another suspension part piercing his helmet, before suspension tethers rules were applied in 1999 and then reinforced with doubling the tethers in 2011. That weekend from March to the 1st April with Ratzenberger killed in quali and Barrichello coming close was the blackest time for me.
We complain about too many FIA rules now, some taking in safety but if Balestre's FIA had stepped in to stop the cutting and re-welding of Senna's car steering rod in situ for safety reasons then he would be still be watching F1 with us now.
I've watched Senna's crash video , I don't know how many times ..
And every time that I watch the video , I can see Senna's head and helmet moving after the impact .
(At 30 sec.)! in the video you can clearly see how Senna's head is moving after the impact .
That's why I think , Senna was unconscious but still alive at that moment after the crash .

Senna was one of the greatest drivers ever , but his car was never perfect for him .
He messed a lot with his car , also his last min. adjustments to the car were very unpredictable ...
Senna's suspension setup was sitting too low , he was scraping with his floor over the asphalt and lost grip .
If that wasn't enough , Senna messed with the lenght of his steering column and it was welded back .

No wonder the FIA investigation said : Senna was steering in , but the steering didn't responded .
Of course , his steering wheel didn't responded because his weld seam broke and he ran more with his floor over the asphalt than with his tires .

And then we are having the dangerous cockpit design of these cars ...
Helmet and shoulders from the drivers were completely exposed !

These cars were like driving coffins !
Senna ran 161 races , and won 41 races .

So damn sad . Ayrton Senna 'RIP...'
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2023, 05:09 AM   #435
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I've watched Senna's crash video , I don't know how many times ..
And every time that I watch the video , I can see Senna's head and helmet moving after the impact .
(At 30 sec.)! in the video you can clearly see how Senna's head is moving after the impact .
That's why I think , Senna was unconscious but still alive at that moment after the crash .

Senna was one of the greatest drivers ever , but his car was never perfect for him .
He messed a lot with his car , also his last min. adjustments to the car were very unpredictable ...
Senna's suspension setup was sitting too low , he was scraping with his floor over the asphalt and lost grip .
If that wasn't enough , Senna messed with the lenght of his steering column and it was welded back .

No wonder the FIA investigation said : Senna was steering in , but the steering didn't responded .
Of course , his steering wheel didn't responded because his weld seam broke and he ran more with his floor over the asphalt than with his tires .

And then we are having the dangerous cockpit design of these cars ...
Helmet and shoulders from the drivers were completely exposed !

These cars were like driving coffins !
Senna ran 161 races , and won 41 races .

So damn sad . Ayrton Senna 'RIP...'
I'm no doctor but these are just the last unconscious moments and can only be compared to the 'dead cats bounce' saying you hear, he is dead but with his heart and nerves still active before stillness.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2023, 05:44 AM   #436
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64517
Rep
24,933
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I'm no doctor but these are just the last unconscious moments and can only be compared to the 'dead cats bounce' saying you hear, he is dead but with his heart and nerves still active before stillness.
OC my friend ..
After Senna's car stopped, he was initially motionless in the cockpit. After about 10 seconds, as recorded by the close-up aerial footage, his head was seen to lift to the left before returning to its original position. Thereafter he did not move again. The right front wheel had shot up upon impact and entered the cockpit, striking the right frontal area of his helmet. The violence of the wheel's impact shoved his head back against the headrest (which was already far forward from the car's impact with the wall) causing fatal skull fractures. In addition, a piece of suspension attached to the wheel had also partially penetrated his Bell M3 helmet and caused trauma to his head. Also, it appeared that a jagged piece of the upright assembly had penetrated the helmet visor just above his right eye. Senna was using a medium-sized (58 cm) M3 helmet with a new "thin" Bell visor. Any one of the three injuries would probably have killed him .

The accident happened during the restart of the second lap. Senna had taken a tighter line at Tamburello corner to reduce the impact of the bumps on the car.

Ayrton Senna entered the Tamburello corner at 192 mph (309 kph), before braking hard and colliding with a concrete wall at 131 mph (211 kph)
It’s unclear how many G's Ayrton Senna’s crash had, but it was most likely more than '50 G ! The car’s trajectory, combined with his speed, meant that Ayrton Senna’s cornering forces more than doubled, from 1.5 G to 3.27 G, but the force of the impact was actually unknown.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick61553.50
dfox729.00
Autobacs1397.50
      12-05-2023, 06:15 AM   #437
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
64517
Rep
24,933
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Get Charlie
Killed by Death
Attached Images
 
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
      12-05-2023, 06:21 AM   #438
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
OC my friend ..
After Senna's car stopped, he was initially motionless in the cockpit. After about 10 seconds, as recorded by the close-up aerial footage, his head was seen to lift to the left before returning to its original position. Thereafter he did not move again. The right front wheel had shot up upon impact and entered the cockpit, striking the right frontal area of his helmet. The violence of the wheel's impact shoved his head back against the headrest (which was already far forward from the car's impact with the wall) causing fatal skull fractures. In addition, a piece of suspension attached to the wheel had also partially penetrated his Bell M3 helmet and caused trauma to his head. Also, it appeared that a jagged piece of the upright assembly had penetrated the helmet visor just above his right eye. Senna was using a medium-sized (58 cm) M3 helmet with a new "thin" Bell visor. Any one of the three injuries would probably have killed him .

The accident happened during the restart of the second lap. Senna had taken a tighter line at Tamburello corner to reduce the impact of the bumps on the car.

Ayrton Senna entered the Tamburello corner at 192 mph (309 kph), before braking hard and colliding with a concrete wall at 131 mph (211 kph)
Itís unclear how many G's Ayrton Sennaís crash had, but it was most likely more than '50 G ! The carís trajectory, combined with his speed, meant that Ayrton Sennaís cornering forces more than doubled, from 1.5 G to 3.27 G, but the force of the impact was actually unknown.
This gave all of us hope but it was to no avail. With no wheel tethers, halo, hans,lower seat position with cockpit side impact sponge surround, latest tech Bell f1 helmet, multi tyre and tech pro barriers instead of solid concrete wall and of course FIA ruled survivable tub gave Senna no chance.
Appreciate 2
      12-05-2023, 06:24 AM   #439
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
61554
Rep
19,921
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Killed by Death
Saint Charlie will come good eventually, bless
Appreciate 2
      12-05-2023, 10:54 AM   #440
dfox
First Lieutenant
729
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: E88 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: North of Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
For me it was Anton Senna's crash at Tamburello corner at the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola in 1994. A terrible weekend for Formula One. Roland Ratzemberger and Anton Senna gone too soon.
Yeah, I wasn't really into motorsports at that time. Heard about it, but definitely not into it. The scene after that crash is surreal. Heavy.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61553.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST