New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-07-2021, 08:18 PM   #1
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Some asshole at work did a hit n run on me!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 12:26 AM   #2
spyfish007
Getting older, but I still love awesome fast cars!
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6M & 2016 Z4 sDrive35is

Noooooo! That is aweful. Any security cameras around?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 04:49 AM   #3
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyfish007 View Post
Noooooo! That is aweful. Any security cameras around?
Negative

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 09:46 AM   #4
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

How about nearby cars w carcams, adjacent buildings, etc? That sucks, what a pc of ****, a colleague. Imagine the shame and destruction that person's going get if they get caught. GL.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
nomoracin758.00
      12-10-2021, 02:54 AM   #5
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

If you have comprehensive insurance then you dont really have to search for the one who did it. Just take it to the shop, fill some papers and have it fixed.

I dont drive any of my cars without full insurance.
I have written one car off by losing control in a curve and ending up rolling it and first thing in my mind when my car came to the stop was " why didnt i have full comprehensive insurance??" Ended up selling the wreck for a quarter of what it was worth before the crash. Had i had insurance i wouldnt have lost anything. So after that I always have comprehensive insurance.

But i do know the feeling. years ago my Z4 got dinged at work aswell. I had parked it near the warehouse door and customers often carry stuff out from there.. sometimes long items. So one day somebody hit my car parked near that big warehouse door. Scratched my boot lid that continued onto rear fender... I was angry sure... but stuff happens in life... i had insurance, payed my deductable and got it fixed... and of course never parked near that warehouse door again

Of course any paintwork is not the same as factory... atleast when its a patchjob... black shouldnt be that bad.... but my brown metallic is hard to perfectly match.
      12-10-2021, 08:32 PM   #6
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just thought of something…this could be a good opportunity to change up the front bumper!

What are some nice options for our cars? I tend to like a clean look…nothing too wild.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 11:31 PM   #7
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
If you have comprehensive insurance then you dont really have to search for the one who did it. Just take it to the shop, fill some papers and have it fixed.

I dont drive any of my cars without full insurance.
I have written one car off by losing control in a curve and ending up rolling it and first thing in my mind when my car came to the stop was " why didnt i have full comprehensive insurance??" Ended up selling the wreck for a quarter of what it was worth before the crash. Had i had insurance i wouldnt have lost anything. So after that I always have comprehensive insurance.
The popular insurance companies in America will increase YOUR premium if you use your insurance to pay for damages done by others. (I don't know if ALL insurance companies do that.)

At a certain point in a vehicle life, comprehensive isn’t worth it anymore. With the old E85, I only had collision, maxed out, though. The delta between collision and comprehensive was about $2K/a, with $1K deductible, on a car worth $5K. A 2009 E89 is about $11K. That point is approaching.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 03:42 AM   #8
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
The popular insurance companies in America will increase YOUR premium if you use your insurance to pay for damages done by others. (I don't know if ALL insurance companies do that.)

At a certain point in a vehicle life, comprehensive isn’t worth it anymore. With the old E85, I only had collision, maxed out, though. The delta between collision and comprehensive was about $2K/a, with $1K deductible, on a car worth $5K. A 2009 E89 is about $11K. That point is approaching.

Well my payment have gone down over the years... used to pay 120eur a month at the beginning, now im paying only 60 eur a month to have coverage... and i have 300 eur deductable(in other words if i make insurance claim i pay first 300 and all costs over that go to insurance.

Here insurance companies usually dont offer such insurance to older cars(10+or 12+ years old) but if you have been with them for years they will still continue your arrangement and wont tell you to get lost. If i were to sell my car to someone then that person would probably have a hard time getting full insurance.

On insurance companies increasing prices on you if you make a claim... usually if you have single claim it doesnt happen but if you have multiple claims in one year then it can happen. When i had that bootlid and fender scratch i talked about earlier i had another claim in that same year: a new windshield. And yes i recieved a price rise of like 15 eur a month next year. What i did was.. i just went to another insurance company and got my monthly payment to actually go down instead of up. And its not like it was some cheap crappy insurance company... not at all...

With new insurance company i have made 1 claim...one of my keys went for a swim in the washing machine so i got that replaced. Next year my insurance company left my payment the same but took out key coverage. Ok year later it was time again to reevaluate the contract and i asked them to put keys back in and they did. Its nice to have such personal way to talk things through with your account manager and not just fill out a form on some website.

Im keeping mine insured as long as i can.. especially as my payment has gone down each year... but parts still cost the same and labour gets more expensive each year.

Last edited by KennyP; 12-11-2021 at 04:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 01:48 PM   #9
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Roger that, Kenny. Good tips for when my plans to relocate to Estonia come to fruition. In the meantime, OP is in the good ole USofA. ‘Murica: land of the free, home of the brave, and of insurance companies looking after number 1.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #10
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Actually, can you go around your workplace to see if other vehicles may have suspicious damage to them/blue paintchips, etc?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0