New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #111
D_M
Private
Rep
Drives: 08_Interlagos_Blue_E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
None of the bills you source in your article align with your original incorrect comment.

Amdt. No. 1958: Created pathway to citizenship for DACA illegal immigrants. Allotted $25B to border "security", but no appropriations for the wall. This was a no-starter, because it didn't have funding for a wall.

Amdt. No. 1955: Created pathway for DACA illegal immigrants. Had provisions tied to the DACA citizenship that "border security should be increased, but not appropriations for funding of increased security and no funding for a wall. This is a no-starter because of this.

Amdt. No. 1959: This created a pathway to citizenship for DACA illegal immigrants and allocated $25B specifically for a border wall. This is the one that should have been approved. 46 out of 49 Democrat (and independents who caucus as Dems) Senators voted against this bill.

Amdt. No. 1948: This was related to sanctuary jurisdictions and the desire to stop them from receiving certain federal grants. This has nothing to do with border security, the wall, or DACA - not sure why you have included this in your article link.

I stand by my original post - what you are saying is a fallacy. Trump has stated many times that he is open to DACA citizenship pathways in exchange for border wall funding. Democrats refuse to have anything to do with a wall, and there are enough Republicans that are against DACA citizenship that substantial Dems would need to be on board to get a filibuster proof majority vote of 60+.

You restated, exactly what I stated and called it a fallacy. Immigration gets folks fired up. My post does not mention a wall, but border security. I know your position and many others consider a wall as being integral to border security. Others believe integrated communications equipment, fixed towers, remote video surveillance systems, tethered aerostats, dismounted radars, and increase agents provide a virtual wall.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #112
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_M View Post
....integrated communications equipment, fixed towers, remote video surveillance systems, tethered aerostats, dismounted radars, and increase agents provide a virtual wall.
A real physical barrier provides a much more effective impediment to people crossing the border. This virtual wall mostly just alerts you to people crossing the border. Considering many people's goal is primarily to get on US soil so they can file a (bogus) asylum claim; a virtual wall is highly ineffective at keeping people who don't care if they get caught from crossing the border.

01-17-2019, 01:43 PM   #113
iamwingman
Captain
Rep
Drives: m4

Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Its weird to see some on the right get actually excited about the potential death of one of our SC justices. In any event, I saw an article tonight that showed that she was cancer free and returning to hearings next week.

And the questioning to Coney Barrett doesn't constitute an "attack on Christianity" when she has sworn an oath to a particular subgroup of the religion. Folks would (rightly so) question the same thing of any other religious individual who had pledged an oath to their particular brand of faith.
The discussi9n here is regard8ng her retirement. I’d bet my last dollar she WILL NOT be sitting for any hearings next week. We’ll see. And I remember the liberal scumbags out in full force celebrating Scalia’s death. Nowhere in this thread is there anybody on the right celebrating her potential death.
(This is the old post quoted).

I thought she was going to be at work this week. ????
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:38 AM   #114
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

No confirmation yet, but there are rumors she has a bad case of pneumonia.