New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

12-10-2014, 06:02 AM   #177
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Man, 1 Superbowl and look who's all puffed up (although it should be two, can't believe how they were jobbed against the Steelers).

Kap can do it, the question is will he make the adjustment or will he be stubborn and defiant trying to win without improving his skill set.

Over under 5.5 points scored by 49ers this Sunday

who's puffed up?

i'm well aware of the fact that everything runs its course in life, and alll good things come to an end. Seattle will be garbage in 5 years. I'm ok with that.

Kap will be ass until the end of time, stop being delusional.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 06:43 AM   #178
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Born and raised Niner fan from California. I try and make it out to at least one game a year, with the exception of this year because I am in Korea right now... I do have a brick at Levi's I need to check on.

I think that Kap has the potential, but he's just not there yet. It's his second full year during a time where the offense has regressed a lot. There are a lot of missing pieces, especially with this o-line. Whether it's injuries, or poor play, they just can't get it done for Kap or Gore. These guys were pro-bowl guys... definitely not going this year. There are times where the ball was held too long, but most of the time he hasn't had time. He only had eight picks last year, and was on pace to eclipse his prior numbers before they just went stagnant. They also went drop city for a while. I'm tired of this receiving corps... They have talent, but they are slow... Not one can really take the top off the defense. Not even Crab. Not one defense in the league is thinking about how they're going to stop these receivers. Vernon? Forget about it. He's gone. McDonald looked promising, but he's on IR. It's time to stop playing with has-been and special project cases. It's time for Trent to spend some cash... Same goes for the corners. They suck so bad.

Greg's shitty game planning is costly as well. They are no longer creative, and it's the same damn thing every single game. You can almost predict what's going to happen. Teams are onto the play calling. Combine that with overall poor play, and it's a disaster. I don't know what is going on behind that locker room, but something needs to change.

There needs to be some wholesale changes on this team, and they can kiss this year goodbye. Time to focus on next year. Hopefully they have some pride left this year and come up with a few Ws... at least go out on a high note. If coach H leaves, then so be it. I appreciate what he's done for the team, and I enjoyed the emotion he put into everything even if people don't like him. I'm probably going to vote for Jim Tomsula to take over... I hear rumors of Sean Peyton bouncing, but that seems too farfetched. The way the NFL media outlets have been talking all season, it seems inevitable that there will be coaching changes.

Either way, I'm glad this is happening. Maybe they'll take charge and make real changes this off-season. You can't have this happen in a "win-now" league.

Last edited by Vectors2final; 12-10-2014 at 07:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #179
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
who's puffed up?

i'm well aware of the fact that everything runs its course in life, and alll good things come to an end. Seattle will be garbage in 5 years. I'm ok with that.

Kap will be ass until the end of time, stop being delusional.
Lol

Great thing is we will all get to find out.
Enjoy your team's run however long it lasts.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #180
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Trevor play nice, this is still their thread.

Now, with that being said, I absolutely to agree with you. I think Kap is an exceptional (borderline freak) athlete with the maturity of an adolescent. Look no further than the persona/image he's deliberately nurtured over the last 3 years. Now that things have taken a turn for the worse he has no answers, particularly at the podium. I'd be curious to hear what you guys think as 9er fans?

I also would like to know what people think about the Santa Clara site? I'm sure the stadium itself is beautiful but it seems that they've managed to completely lose their home field advantage. From the outside looking in the move to Silicon Valley appears to be a blatant attempt clean up their image and target a new demographic of fan, ie. fewer brawlers. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #181
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
I think Kap is an exceptional (borderline freak) athlete with the maturity of an adolescent. Look no further than the persona/image he's deliberately nurtured over the last 3 years. Now that things have taken a turn for the worse he has no answers, particularly at the podium.
Exactly.

All that bravura the past couple of years, now it's come back to bite him on the ass... Big time.
      12-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #182
RKelley223
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

I agree..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #183
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
I also would like to know what people think about the Santa Clara site? I'm sure the stadium itself is beautiful but it seems that they've managed to completely lose their home field advantage. From the outside looking in the move to Silicon Valley appears to be a blatant attempt clean up their image and target a new demographic of fan, ie. fewer brawlers. Thoughts?
As a season tix holder, the stadium is amazing theres no arguing that. Its location was odd when I first heard about it being in Santa Clara but honestly they arent looking for a different demographic at all. From what I've noticed the OLD fans in their 60s-70s liked Candlestick better and im sure we can all understand why. The history/old folks dont like change.

I understand what you mean about how we have no home field advantage. I was worried coming into this season that it would be an issue since no one on the team had experience in Levi's. I think its gonna take a year or two for the players to get fully comfortable with the crowd noise/drastic weather changes. I've been to every home game outside of the Eagles game and each one has a different feel to it compared to how Candlestick was. Im extremely happy as a fan that were now in Levi's but im sure as a player on the field its a bit awkward right now.

PS: it probably doesn't hurt that it takes me 20 minutes to get from my house to inside the stadium itself LOL

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #184
yakuza70
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i coupe

My thoughts on the 49ers:
- Kaepernick has really tarnished his image by the way he talks (or doesn't talk) to the media. All it serves is to make him really look like an immature punk.
- I hope Jim Harbaugh stays. He's turned a struggling franchise around and brought a winning attitude to the team despite the disappointments this year.
- Greg Roman will be fired at the end of the season. They need someone that can bring out Kaepernick's strengths and rebuild his confidence. Like it or not, Kaepernick is here to stay, mostly because of his huge contract and he was Harbaugh's pick.
- Crabtree will be gone to free agency; Justin Smith will probably retire; Vernon Davis will leave; Perrish Cox will leave; Mike Iupati will leave to free agency, and Frank Gore, unfortunately will be gone too (retire or to free agency).
- They NEED to tank the rest of the season (should be easy playing Seattle and Arizona in the middle of a division race). While some may say that's disloyal, it's really what's best for the team as it will help secure higher draft picks in the next draft. The 49ers need to rebuild. Needs: wide receiver that can stretch the field; cornerback; offensive lineman; defensive lineman; receiving tight end; dynamic running back (or Carlos Hyde needs to slim down to add more quickness); kick/punt returner.
      12-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #185
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

i'm curious to see how RW would do with all of Kaps weapons.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #186
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Map needs to have someone in his ear and let him know being QB has more responsibility than just on the field. There is a public relations game to be played.
That being said, winning solves all issues. Look at Seattle when they had a lull this season.
Russell Wilson isn't "black" enough rumors
Tate slept with Wilson's wife (now ex)
Harvin shipped out for wanting to fight teammates
Lynch won't talk to media and is not with the program

Wow what a difference winning 6 of 7 make.

IF and I mean IF the 49ers bounce back next year and Kap plays well, it all goes back to how great he is.

The way Kap goes about things right now just makes it more difficult than it needs to be.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #187
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

As for the stadium I can't really comment on specifics as I have never been. I would only say that its entirely possible the first year there may not be a great barometer of its future.
Lots of people going this year on the curiosity factor and not as focused on the game. The next few seasons will be more telling. I don't expect it will be a terrible home field like Dallas, but I don't expect Arrowhead or Century Link atmosphere.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #188
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Trevor play nice, this is still their thread.
No worries. At least from me.

Seahawks have had the upper hand the last 2 years (an eternity in NFL time). The 49ers had their chance to seal the deal two years ago and missed a golden opportunity.

Trevor hasn't said anything outrageous and may be proven right. I have no interest in him being right, but its not far fetched.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 05:58 AM   #189
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

where's the seahawks thread anyway? didn't we have one?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #190
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...=945861&page=5
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #191
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Made it myself. Hope you guys like it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #192
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

i think seattle better not take san fran lightly this week.... pound them.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #193
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Made it myself. Hope you guys like it.
well maybe not the Bears
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #194
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
True.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #195
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
well maybe not the Bears
Beats beat them at home opener, no?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #196
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
in the front or the back?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #197
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Beats beat them at home opener, no?
True and that's the way I took it, but the Bears are a mess. The Off Coors. recently leaked disparaging remarks to NFL network. Then had to apologize to the team when he was caught.

I would not trade places with that mess.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #198
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
in the front or the back?

i'd like to see it both ways.
Appreciate 0