New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #67
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
If you're saying it's their natural smell and not the urine that's even worse haha. They're very cute critters but the smell to me is unfortunately very off-putting and pungent. I'm sure they make good pets otherwise.
Well like I said it could have been the cage also, but they definitely do have a musty smell to them. It's not really that pungent IMO, and I hate nasty smells, it is literally a musty smell, like damp or slightly sweaty clothes or something.

They are definitely very fun and intelligent animals/pets, very short life span and usually health issues when they age though which sucks.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 10:03 PM   #68
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Well like I said it could have been the cage also, but they definitely do have a musty smell to them. It's not really that pungent IMO, and I hate nasty smells, it is literally a musty smell, like damp or slightly sweaty clothes or something.

They are definitely very fun and intelligent animals/pets, very short life span and usually health issues when they age though which sucks.
Ya, sucks when they die either too soon or just the fact.

Btw, did you ever watch The Beastmaster? Good movie featuring those critters.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 10:30 PM   #69
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: %C2%9118 F80 ZCP

IF you do a dog, get a medium size one.

Small dogs have anger hyper issues more often then not. And large dogs are the most chill but hard to take care of feeding and cleaning up after.

Medium to small dog could be best.

But you're probably safest with a cat if you're willing to deal with the litter box…
Appreciate 1
nazali1264.50
      09-18-2021, 04:06 AM   #70
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
As you say. You should know better. But still, this referencing looks more excessive than convincing to me, unless, perhaps, polygamy is involved: "-Your wife... -Not that wife! A darling wife, from the upper harem.".
This post needs Google translate
Google translate says just what I meant. Consider using Google explain or just Google forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
saw a girl referring to her long term boyfriend as a "hubby" (husband)
This is pathetic: a study revealed that women in a long term relationship tend to consider themselves married, but men don't.
Appreciate 1
nazali1264.50
      09-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #71
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
This is pathetic: a study revealed that women in a long term relationship tend to consider themselves married, but men don't.
I have a female friend who was in a 30+ year relationship with a guy without getting married. He died with no will. She is packing to move out of their shared house as I write this, after the estate served her with eviction papers. Our state doesn't recognize common-law, and the death laws without a will say that she gets NOTHING without a wedding ring!

She considered herself married all along, and that mistake cost her dearly.....
      09-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #72
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
She considered herself married all along, and that mistake cost her dearly.....
This is exactly what I meant: there must be some mutual understanding of whether the long term informal relationship is actually spousal or not, with some sensible approach to break(/death). Making/letting one's dreams come true in the individual's imagination only (thus unrelated to reality) is bullshit.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614894.00
nazali1264.50
      09-19-2021, 05:38 PM   #73
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

again it depends on the state, region, country.

But regardless of wif/hub/mis/other if you DONT leave a will usually the government takes it all, if that is what you really want for your family, then have at it.

Even if you don't leave a will, some people ASSUME that they will get stuff, of course, people come out of the woodwork and contest things and dying intestate is total balls for your loved ones.

Even if you fall out, you can change it.

I have a will, and after every argument, I go change it LOL, my main things I want done, as far as my possessions, savings, and also a portion for my funeral. I DO NOT want my family OH guessing what I want.

I might wanna leave everything to me ex, not my daughter, or leave all the money for a charity, but car for the DD, sometimes, money is NOT a blessing.

But seriously make a will, you can always change it later

Quote:
This is exactly what I meant: there must be some mutual understanding of whether the long term informal relationship is actually spousal or not, with some sensible approach to break(/death). Making/letting one's dreams come true in the individual's imagination only (thus unrelated to reality) is bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 06:50 PM   #74
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
again it depends on the state, region, country.

But regardless of wif/hub/mis/other if you DONT leave a will usually the government takes it all, if that is what you really want for your family, then have at it....

But seriously make a will, you can always change it later
My big bro died in CT without a will. His 'estate' went back to my father, who didn't want it. But before we could get the paperwork done to transfer my bro's $$ to his sibs, my half sister had Dad declared senile, & thus got the $$ for her & my half bro (Dads 'second' family).
I have one sister & one half sister. Both ripped off the family big-time. Take little for granted.
"Keep your enemies close, but your sister closer."

Get a good lawyer who can make a good will.

Last edited by Littlebear; 09-19-2021 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614894.00
nazali1264.50
      09-20-2021, 04:56 PM   #75
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Ya, sucks when they die either too soon or just the fact.

Btw, did you ever watch The Beastmaster? Good movie featuring those critters.
Yeah it definitely does suck.

No I don't think I have. I've definitely heard/remember seeing stuff about it as a kid, but it was a few years before my time. I'll have to check it out though, thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 05:02 PM   #76
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I'll have to check it out though, thanks for the heads up.
Starring Kevin Sorbo and the Chipmunks
Appreciate 1