New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

07-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #1
LordLolzeye
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 3.0i 2011

Hardtop leak

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the inner left seal, it lets water get in on both ends. (https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=54_0396 - part number 7)

Did anyone experience a leak on the inner seals of the hardtop? If yes, what did you guys do? I checked the prices for a replacement part and it's around 30 GBP, but i've checked my seal and it looks perfectly fine. What should I look for?

Thanks in advance :d
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
LordLolzeye
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 3.0i 2011

Fixed

So, in case anybody needs to fix their car. Only one tool needed: a 20 torx.
There are 2 seals on the left of the car (between the hardtop and the windows) and 2 on the right.

Both seals have (inside them I might say) 5 screws that hold them in place. You can unscrew them a little bit and move them around 3-5mm left / right and then screw them back in place. This should do the trick.

P.S: Keep in mind that the hydraulic pump will eventually shut down and a yellow roof sign will appear - (overheated hydraulic pump). Also, you could be unlucky as I am wiggle the cables by mistake causing them to break and having to resolder them back together.
Appreciate 0