New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

02-05-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
Eltee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35i

Wireless Backup camera c iPhone app

Anyone tried the wireless backup cameras that sync with iPhones?
Seems like the easiest of alternatives. Quite a few made from just camera to license plate c camera. Prices $40 to $140. No extra screen and no need to wire to nav screen. However the reviews on Amazon are not the best.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
Eltee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35i

Purchased a Fensens Solar Powered pairs to your iPhone backup camera. Being solar powered you simply swap out your license plate frame with the combo camera/solar panel frame, pair it to your iPhone and you're good to go!
Looks decent, worked great in my kitchen. Lag time of less than a second and "found" the camera within a couple seconds.
Installed on the car, went inside and waited about 20 seconds for it to "find" the camera and then experienced a frozen screen. Once it did work the lag time was typically 10-15 seconds.
I'm guessing the metal and electronics in the 6-8 ft from camera to phone is blocking the signal.
Total POS!
Just thought I'd let everyone know to not waste your time and money!
Appreciate 0