New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-31-2020, 10:04 PM   #1
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
NormanConquest's Avatar
3643
Rep
5,663
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Moon Gold Rush

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/infographic...w.php?id=11272

Figure let talk about an optimistic topic for once. What your thoughts on this, it appears China, Russia, and the USA are all eyeballing mining the moon and setting it up as a launch platform for further exploration.

What seems odd is when I grow up they pretty much decide the moon as a worthless rock now all this interests has suddenly appear.
__________________
“The more laws, the less justice.” -- Cicero
Appreciate 3
      07-31-2020, 10:48 PM   #2
leopard print
Private First Class
197
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: Really well for an Asian.
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

All for it. I was already taught the moon was made of Swiss cheese growing up. What’s a few more holes? Just hope no inadvertent catastrophes come from it.

What’s also odd is that it’s not just one country that suddenly has interest, but several.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 02:18 AM   #3
Admiral
Private First Class
United Kingdom
52
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW X3 2.0D X Line G01
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Wales UK

iTrader: (0)

Money spent on Moon Exploration could be spent elsewhere such as Covid, Homeless People and loads of other more important projects that this World needs
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 06:42 AM   #4
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
NormanConquest's Avatar
3643
Rep
5,663
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
All for it. I was already taught the moon was made of Swiss cheese growing up. What’s a few more holes? Just hope no inadvertent catastrophes come from it.

What’s also odd is that it’s not just one country that suddenly has interest, but several.
Yea anyone know when this reversal from the moon is worthless to now the money a gold mine occur?
__________________
“The more laws, the less justice.” -- Cicero
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
leopard print
Private First Class
197
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: Really well for an Asian.
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Yea anyone know when this reversal from the moon is worthless to now the money a gold mine occur?
No idea. We’ve obviously had samples for years. Maybe it was worthless in the past because the costs far outweigh the benefits. Now that technology has progressed that’s no longer he case?
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 08:42 AM   #6
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
NormanConquest's Avatar
3643
Rep
5,663
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
No idea. We’ve obviously had samples for years. Maybe it was worthless in the past because the costs far outweigh the benefits. Now that technology has progressed that’s no longer he case?
If I recall correctly the majority of moon rocks have gone missing over the years.
__________________
“The more laws, the less justice.” -- Cicero
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 09:02 AM   #7
obert
Brigadier General
obert's Avatar
United_States
1632
Rep
4,159
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

iTrader: (47)

Having large countries and corporations invest in this type of stuff is the only why we will be able to continue to explore space.

No money to be made equals no reason to keep spending money on nothing.

Will we destroy each planet as we get to it......YES we will.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 09:03 AM   #8
obert
Brigadier General
obert's Avatar
United_States
1632
Rep
4,159
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

iTrader: (47)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Money spent on Moon Exploration could be spent elsewhere such as Covid, Homeless People and loads of other more important projects that this World needs
This is a bigger dream than landing on Mars
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 09:25 AM   #9
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
NormanConquest's Avatar
3643
Rep
5,663
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
Having large countries and corporations invest in this type of stuff is the only why we will be able to continue to explore space.

No money to be made equals no reason to keep spending money on nothing.

Will we destroy each planet as we get to it......YES we will.
sort of like socialism?
__________________
“The more laws, the less justice.” -- Cicero
Appreciate 1
obert1631.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST