New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-27-2022, 12:21 PM   #925
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Canada
3934
Rep
3,328
Posts

Drives: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
My wife and I were looking to move into a pick up truck earlier this year. I took a hard look at the F150 Lighting after seeing some of the ads. I'm not an EV fan and was of the view I'd never buy one but the Lightning had me looking. The range wasn't great, but I thought we might be able to live with that, and then out came the reports about the range dropping below 1/2 with a moderate to light trailer. I live in Canada, we get winter and I on occasion tow. Sorry, the notion of the Lightning stopped right there.

We bought a Ram 1500 ecoDiesel. The thing is brilliant, and it gets better than 30MPG in real world use with 1100Km range. Diesels isn't cheap, but I will likely keep this thing for a long time and I will never have range anxiety.
Sounds like you need a Cyber Truck! Oh wait...
__________________
Current: 2022 Audi RS5 Sportback / 2022 Audi Q7
Gone: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback / 2020 BMW M340i / 2019 Audi Q7 / 2019 Audi S5 Sportback / 2019 Audi S4 / 2018 Audi S5 Coupe / 2018 Lexus IS350
Appreciate 3
Cos270493.50
Efthreeoh12145.00
      11-27-2022, 01:08 PM   #926
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1889
Rep
2,393
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Suggest you look into the EV6 interior vs Tesla. Every single review I've watched said it's better. Maybe it's just advertising, who knows, but it sure seems intriguing. The GT version is also impressive on the power scale, if you're interested in that. We wont get the USA version until next year, but the initial reviews from Countries who currently have it are very impressive. Reviews consistently point out the EV6 is much quieter in the cabin vs the tesla. Again, i've never driven either this is just off reviews.


Said that, I would not buy a year #1 car ever. Too many bugs to work out.
No i know the EV6 has a "nicer" interior than my tesla. Tesla is about simplicity. They are kings at it. A formula that works.

Hell i think the EV6 interior looks better than my M3 interior. This isn't a battle of what interior is better or i wouldn't even get an EV, i would get the new C300 from MB. Now THAT is an insane interior.

Road/tire noise is much improved each year. I have driven a 2020 model 3. It is much louder than my 2022. Although i don't remember what tires were on the 2020.

It's not the perfect EV however it IS the perfect EV when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1.
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #927
G MONEY
Captain
349
Rep
898
Posts

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: EARTH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Suggest you look into the EV6 interior vs Tesla. Every single review I've watched said it's better. Maybe it's just advertising, who knows, but it sure seems intriguing. The GT version is also impressive on the power scale, if you're interested in that. We wont get the USA version until next year, but the initial reviews from Countries who currently have it are very impressive. Reviews consistently point out the EV6 is much quieter in the cabin vs the tesla. Again, i've never driven either this is just off reviews.


Said that, I would not buy a year #1 car ever. Too many bugs to work out.
No i know the EV6 has a "nicer" interior than my tesla. Tesla is about simplicity. They are kings at it. A formula that works.

Hell i think the EV6 interior looks better than my M3 interior. This isn't a battle of what interior is better or i wouldn't even get an EV, i would get the new C300 from MB. Now THAT is an insane interior.

Road/tire noise is much improved each year. I have driven a 2020 model 3. It is much louder than my 2022. Although i don't remember what tires were on the 2020.

It's not the perfect EV however it IS the perfect EV when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1.
Yawn X6
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 08:39 PM   #928
chad86tsi
Lieutenant
chad86tsi's Avatar
990
Rep
587
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
It's not the perfect EV however it IS the perfect EV when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1.
Pabst Blue ribbon : It's not the perfect beer, however it IS the perfect beer when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1 in "I want to get drunk" cheap beers.



Disclaimer, I do actually buy and drink PBR's, so I can relate to your perspective.
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2022, 09:20 PM   #929
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
4430
Rep
9,145
Posts

Drives: Smog machines
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
It's not the perfect EV however it IS the perfect EV when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1.
Pabst Blue ribbon : It's not the perfect beer, however it IS the perfect beer when you look at every aspect as a whole, for the price point. That's why people buy them and that's why they're number 1 in "I want to get drunk" cheap beers.



Disclaimer, I do actually buy and drink PBR's, so I can relate to your perspective.
Plaid, the PBR of cars.

Oops, Model 3 LR, the PBR of cars. Plaid is more like moonshine. Good for one thing.
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi990.00
      11-27-2022, 10:05 PM   #930
Germanauto
Major General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
9049
Rep
5,796
Posts

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Hit the Polestar store with a buddy the other day who drives a Model Y. I want to give these cars a fair chance since they aren't Tesla. But the interiors, while obviously nicer, are still not great. Lot of cheap-feeling rubbery material around, cloth seats, etc. Even then it's like $60k. If you want leather seats it hits $70k. Only 260 miles of range, which realistically is probably just 200 miles. Glass roof sure, but no retracting roof that opens (a feature I use daily) because...range. Polestar 2 is a dorky and frumpy lookin ride too, like a higher end Subaru Crosstrek.

I'm just not impressed with Polestar for the price. My buddy asked "why buy this over a Tesla" and the associate made up some bs about how they are targeting the Porsche space of the market Lol. My friend doesn't even like his Model Y and got it as a commuting appliance, so he's open to switching.
__________________
Former
-2008 E90 328 black/brown
-2012 Lexus IS250 black/black

Last edited by Germanauto; 11-27-2022 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 10:56 PM   #931
chassis
Lieutenant Colonel
chassis's Avatar
4495
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: BMW G01 X3, 9Y0 Cayenne S
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: high rpms

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Hit the Polestar store with a buddy the other day who drives a Model Y. I want to give these cars a fair chance since they aren't Tesla. But the interiors, while obviously nicer, are still not great. Lot of cheap-feeling rubbery material around, cloth seats, etc. Even then it's like $60k. If you want leather seats it hits $70k. Only 260 miles of range, which realistically is probably just 200 miles. Glass roof sure, but no retracting roof that opens (a feature I use daily) because...range. Polestar 2 is a dorky and frumpy lookin ride too, like a higher end Subaru Crosstrek.

I'm just not impressed with Polestar for the price. My buddy asked "why buy this over a Tesla" and the associate made up some bs about how they are targeting the Porsche space of the market Lol. My friend doesn't even like his Model Y and got it as a commuting appliance, so he's open to switching.
No operating roof in a $70k car?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 11:03 PM   #932
Germanauto
Major General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
9049
Rep
5,796
Posts

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
No operating roof in a $70k car?
To my knowledge it is fixed on Polestar models, as is the case for the majority of EVs. I think there are just a couple EVs where you actually have a sunroof that can slide open.
__________________
Former
-2008 E90 328 black/brown
-2012 Lexus IS250 black/black
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 11:06 PM   #933
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
4430
Rep
9,145
Posts

Drives: Smog machines
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
No operating roof in a $70k car?
To my knowledge it is fixed on Polestar models, as is the case for the majority of EVs. I think there are just a couple EVs where you actually have a sunroof that can slide open.
I can't actually think of one. Polestar, Tesla, Porsche, Audi, Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, Ford, even the i3, they're all just fixed glass panels. Maybe the original eTron, not the GT?

Looks the Mach E GT and the Q6 eTron can, and the Nissan Ariya, EV6, XC40 and i4. Guess I was wrong.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9048.50
      11-27-2022, 11:14 PM   #934
g21
Lieutenant Colonel
g21's Avatar
1367
Rep
1,688
Posts

Drives: M340i M550i LeafEV WRX Sienna
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Australasia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
The Hyundai/Kia E-GMP 800v architecture is current charging king.
only if there is nobody in front of you in the queue and the charger is spec-ed for that power delivery and it's working as intended

but yes I have ordered one ... though getting cold feet ... the V8 M550i looks tempting!
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2022, 07:42 AM   #935
zx10guy
Brigadier General
4461
Rep
3,071
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Yes, our power grid is so ready for this transition to wide spread EV use....

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/ne...-gaithersburg/

In addition to 85,000 customers being affected which apparently power has been restored and two major hospitals in the area, there are still lingering affects. All public schools in Montgomery County are closed today due to this. And the Red Line for the Metro has been impacted with some station closures.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 08:28 AM   #936
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1889
Rep
2,393
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Plaid, the PBR of cars.

Oops, Model 3 LR, the PBR of cars. Plaid is more like moonshine. Good for one thing.
And yet nothing you own will touch a plaid on the road. Youíll see itís beautiful Elon musk tail lights as it disappears from your sight.
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 08:36 AM   #937
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
pikkagtr's Avatar
United_States
3479
Rep
2,766
Posts

Drives: 2022 GR Zupra
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
And yet nothing you own will touch a plaid on the road. Youíll see itís beautiful Elon musk tail lights as it disappears from your sight.
Am I sitting at the light waiting for your car to getting in launch control cheetah mode and conditioning it's batteries for 10-15 minutes ?
Cuz I'm sure my Corolla takes less than 15 minutes to do a 15 minute 9.5 sec 1/4 mile
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 09:50 AM   #938
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1889
Rep
2,393
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Am I sitting at the light waiting for your car to getting in launch control cheetah mode and conditioning it's batteries for 10-15 minutes ?
Cuz I'm sure my Corolla takes less than 15 minutes to do a 15 minute 9.5 sec 1/4 mile
Clearly you never been or experienced one.

Car will still do 10 seconds or better without cheetah mode. Elon thought of everything that’s why his company is number one with ev. It’s ok to be jealous of the car. You dont have to like it. But it earns its respect on the road. No one messes with it lmao
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 09:56 AM   #939
chad86tsi
Lieutenant
chad86tsi's Avatar
990
Rep
587
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
And yet nothing you own will touch a plaid on the road. Youíll see itís beautiful Elon musk tail lights as it disappears from your sight.
From what we can tell, nothing you own can either.

But just wait till your dad gets home, right?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #940
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1889
Rep
2,393
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
From what we can tell, nothing you own can either.

But just wait till your dad gets home, right?
When I get my plaid weíre neck and neck.

I can ask god to ask my dad when heíll come home. Been waiting 6 years. God said no heís staying with him.


Good try though.
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:03 PM   #941
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
4430
Rep
9,145
Posts

Drives: Smog machines
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Plaid, the PBR of cars.

Oops, Model 3 LR, the PBR of cars. Plaid is more like moonshine. Good for one thing.
And yet nothing you own will touch a plaid on the road. You'll see it's beautiful Elon musk tail lights as it disappears from your sight.
Do you think I care? I drive a manual GTI. It's fun, and cheap. And it has a mostly round steering wheel.

The Plaid does sort of remind me of the guys with 500+ hp GTIs though. Fast in a straight line, but pretty useless at all other things. Both are funny, but not for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #942
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
pikkagtr's Avatar
United_States
3479
Rep
2,766
Posts

Drives: 2022 GR Zupra
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Clearly you never been or experienced one.

Car will still do 10 seconds or better without cheetah mode. Elon thought of everything thatís why his company is number one with ev. Itís ok to be jealous of the car. You dont have to like it. But it earns its respect on the road. No one messes with it lmao
So then there ARE a few things I own that will whomp on the Tesla's toaster
10 sec ain't exactly fast these days with AWD monsters like a G80 with a tune
My 91 eclipse GSX on 36 lbs of boost on E85/Meth injection would like a word as well
About half the weight on the Tesla , also AWD and bout a hair under 500 awhp street trim
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #943
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1889
Rep
2,393
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Do you think I care? I drive a manual GTI. It's fun, and cheap. And it has a mostly round steering wheel.

The Plaid does sort of remind me of the guys with 500+ hp GTIs though. Fast in a straight line, but pretty useless at all other things. Both are funny, but not for me.

Idk man it seems like you do care when you post defensively whenever Tesla is being talking about highly.

To be fair the plaid will beat you on a course as well. From a dig, roll race and it looks better than a gti.

Nothing wrong with a gti though. If youíre like still in high school.
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:22 PM   #944
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1889
Rep
2,393
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
So then there ARE a few things I own that will whomp on the Tesla's toaster
10 sec ain't exactly fast these days with AWD monsters like a G80 with a tune
My 91 eclipse GSX on 36 lbs of boost on E85/Meth injection would like a word as well
About half the weight on the Tesla , also AWD and bout a hair under 500 awhp street trim
The plaid runs mid 9s. And does 4.x 60-130.

Iím sure your car will probably blow up after a couple of runs with the plaid. :cue the charging jokes about the plaid needing a charge after a couple of runs:

Itís still a monster. Modified cars get a pass now? The plaid is stock lol
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:26 PM   #945
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
4430
Rep
9,145
Posts

Drives: Smog machines
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Do you think I care? I drive a manual GTI. It's fun, and cheap. And it has a mostly round steering wheel.

The Plaid does sort of remind me of the guys with 500+ hp GTIs though. Fast in a straight line, but pretty useless at all other things. Both are funny, but not for me.

Idk man it seems like you do care when you post defensively whenever Tesla is being talking about highly.

To be fair the plaid will beat you on a course as well. From a dig, roll race and it looks better than a gti.

Nothing wrong with a gti though. If you're like still in high school.
I hate large cars. I'm large, I don't need to compensate. And no one thinks a Tesla looks better than a GTI, don't be silly.

I defend EVs, even ones made by assholes that live in my town. I've driven my buddy's plenty. He has a 3LR and an old S 85+. They're cars. Cool.

But you're annoying af, so you're off to ignore, carry on.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 01:33 PM   #946
BGM-M3COMP
Colonel
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
1889
Rep
2,393
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Yes! Thank god!

Another person i don’t have to constantly destroy in these discussions.
__________________
2022 model 3 LR.
Kia ev6 - order cancelled
Model s plaid on order
Model y performance also on order
Model x plaid maybe Iíll order too
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST