New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

10-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Stewards have let it go, just the insurance claim to fix!
Portimao is a very difficult track going up and down with corners they take with more than 200 km/h .
But with lack of visibility coming out of a corner from a uphill .. Never easy to go for the perfect line ...
And for sure b@lls are required ! Even more if it rains

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      10-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #24
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Portimao is a very difficult track going up and down with corners they take with more than 200 km/h .
But with lack of visibility coming out of a corner from a uphill .. Never easy to go for the perfect line ...
And for sure b@lls are required ! Even more if it rains
Going round the track virtually it is scary the drivers not seing what's around the corner and as you say my friend balls the size of footballs are req!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #25
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Going round the track virtually it is scary the drivers not seing what's around the corner and as you say my friend balls the size of footballs are req!
Exactly my friend ! It's like driving blindfolded ...

Wont be easy !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      10-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #26
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Max's pitwall thought Stroll is going to go slow and they put Max in the wrong position at the wrong time. Stroll was ahead and he has every right to stay ahead because he was going on another fast lap. Max should've been wiser and backed off but he relied on his pitwall and Lance's wisdom instead of relying on his own judgement.
RP should have told Stroll that Max was there, even if they thought he was going to back off. 1. Max is a known aggressive driver in practice and in general and 2. It's reasonable for Max to expect that Stroll would back off after a flyer.

I think it was a pretty evenly split fault incident, but Stroll turned in like he didn't even know Max was there. That is on his engineer.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #27
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
RP should have told Stroll that Max was there, even if they thought he was going to back off. 1. Max is a known aggressive driver in practice and in general and 2. It's reasonable for Max to expect that Stroll would back off after a flyer.
I think it was a pretty evenly split fault incident, but Stroll turned in like he didn't even know Max was there. That is on his engineer.
Stroll was on a fast lap with his DRS open on the racing line to take the corner. Verstappen should have backed out rather than push down the inside.
Not as funny as when Verstappen turned in on Ocon in Brazil, but fairly entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 04:15 PM   #28
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Stroll was on a fast lap with his DRS open on the racing line to take the corner. Verstappen should have backed out rather than push down the inside.
Not as funny as when Verstappen turned in on Ocon in Brazil, but fairly entertaining.
Stroll turned in on MAX . Stroll said he didn't saw anyone ..I didn't saw MAX ! I just watched some things on my dash ...

Regarding Ocon : Everyone knows Ocon is a piece of 5H1T

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      10-23-2020, 04:33 PM   #29
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, Stroll had just completed a fast lap and then went for a second fast lap. Max was starting a fast lap after a warm up lap.

Stroll was on an atypical driving pattern, and his engineer messed up by not calling out Max's presence near him.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 04:36 PM   #30
M5Rick
General
Rep

It's true even Croft said it couldn't be Max's fault and that's something coming from him.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 04:41 PM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
No, Stroll had just completed a fast lap and then went for a second fast lap. Max was starting a fast lap after a warm up lap.

Stroll was on an atypical driving pattern, and his engineer messed up by not calling out Max's presence near him.
Mate . You nailed it !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      10-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #32
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Its practice and its Stroll and Verstappen driving the cars not their engineers.
A driver on a fast lap does not have to give way to another driver on a fast lap.
It should have been blatantly obvious to Verstappen that Stroll was going for a second fast lap.
Coming up to the turn, Verstappen was not on the racing line, he could see Stroll wasn't slowing to let him by and yet he still tried to go down the inside on the less than optimum line.
Its the same stupidity as Brazil and Ocon...Verstappen had been told that Ocon was catching him on fresh soft tyres and wanting to unlap himself and yet rather than let him by he turned into him. Its some weird ego thing Verstappen has...he would rather crash than do the smart/sensible thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #33
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Its practice and its Stroll and Verstappen driving the cars not their engineers.
A driver on a fast lap does not have to give way to another driver on a fast lap.
It should have been blatantly obvious to Verstappen that Stroll was going for a second fast lap.
Coming up to the turn, Verstappen was not on the racing line, he could see Stroll wasn't slowing to let him by and yet he still tried to go down the inside on the less than optimum line.
Its the same stupidity as Brazil and Ocon...Verstappen had been told that Ocon was catching him on fresh soft tyres and wanting to unlap himself and yet rather than let him by he turned into him. Its some weird ego thing Verstappen has...he would rather crash than do the smart/sensible thing.
... it is the engineer's job to inform their driver of gaps to drivers before starting a hot lap. Stroll said he had no idea Max was there, any competent engineer would have told him that Max was starting a hot lap and was .2 off of him so he needed to watch the first corner and either cover him off or take a wider line.

Plus, Stroll was on the softs and had not had a lap to recover energy. He couldn't have posted a representative time on his second lap anyways. His tires would be overworked and graining and he would have clipping part way through the lap.

Last edited by CalAcacian; 10-23-2020 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 05:24 PM   #34
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
This can't be serious ?
Right ! Ocon was trying to unlap himself to score a total of zero "0" points !

As you can see in his shitty defiant facial expression . Ocon really enjoyed his "kamikaze mission" !
Mate . Give me a F* break !
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58899.00
EdM53854.50
      10-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #35
M5Rick
General
Rep

^ The laughing hyena goading Max.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 05:37 PM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
^ The laughing hyena goading Max.
Indeed . I'm 100% sure about that .

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58899.00
      10-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #37
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Indeed . I'm 100% sure about that .
Must have been in the same race school as Lecrunch.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 08:15 PM   #38
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Max should really watch his tongue. He can't call people "Mongol". It's very vulgar and insensitive. You can say all the Fucks and its derivatives but this is just distasteful and I don't think any other driver (even Kevin "suck my balls" Magnussen) would say. What's worse is when he was asked if people can take offense he said "not my problem"
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 08:45 PM   #39
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
Oh stroll, once again showing why non-talented "drivers" shouldn't be in F1, sad that its his daddy's money keeping the team alive.

\edited

Last edited by RMachuca3d; 10-23-2020 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 08:47 PM   #40
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMachuca3d View Post
Oh stroll, once again showing why non-talented mongols shouldn't be in F1, sad that its his daddy's money keeping the team alive.
That's in poor taste. Max at least had the bad excuse of being heated in the moment and having just been in a car accident. What's your excuse for being an asshole?
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 08:49 PM   #41
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
Quote:
That's in poor taste. Max at least had the bad excuse of being heated in the moment and having just been in a car accident. What's your excuse for being an asshole?
I had to deal with that family in the early 2000's, just bad people through and through.

I agree though, it is in bad taste.
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #42
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMachuca3d View Post
I had to deal with that family in the early 2000's, just bad people through and through.

I agree though, it is in bad taste.
Hey, I want to say that I appreciate you admitting that and making the edit.
Appreciate 2
      10-24-2020, 01:56 AM   #43
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This can't be serious ?
Right ! Ocon was trying to unlap himself to score a total of zero "0" points !
Of course Ocon wants to unlap himself same as any F1 driver would want to do...he had the much faster car so what should he do, just cruise around slowly?
Verstappen on the other the hand just had to ease off the throttle at the end of the straight, let Ocon by and drive on to a famous victory.
But instead he tripped over himself in a pointless effort to kept a faster car behind him.
Sure he was angry after the race...but the reality is, that was angry with himself, he knew he had throw away the win with that dumb move.
Appreciate 2
jkoral1016.00
minn1913970.00
      10-24-2020, 02:05 AM   #44
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
... it is the engineer's job to inform their driver of gaps to drivers before starting a hot lap. Stroll said he had no idea Max was there, any competent engineer would have told him that Max was starting a hot lap and was .2 off of him so he needed to watch the first corner and either cover him off or take a wider line.
You blame Strolls engineer, I'm blaming Verstappen so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Quote:
Plus, Stroll was on the softs and had not had a lap to recover energy. He couldn't have posted a representative time on his second lap anyways. His tires would be overworked and graining and he would have clipping part way through the lap.
I think that was actually the point of completing a second hot lap...to see how the lap time was affected by starting a lap without full electrical energy and having hot tyres.
Appreciate 0