New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

05-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #1
BMW6pot
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 & E89

Driver vs Passenger Seat Adjustment

Hi,
the local dealer made some work on my passenger seat and now I find that the inclination (tilt) adjustment range is less than for the driver seat.
I have the powered sport seat.

The lowest position is identical between the seats but for the highest position the passenger seat is 2cm (0.79'') lower measured from the mounting rail to the side bolster button on the front corner with the seat in it's lowest position.
I always maximize tilt to get the best thigh support so I immediately felt something was off but I can not swear that it has not always been like this and the dealer says there's nothing they can do.

Can anyone confirm if this difference is normal or not?

If the difference is not normal photos would be highly appreciated as evidence towards dealer.

Hope this does not trigger anyone else's OCD
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
BMW6pot
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 & E89

So, no one was yet intrigued by this possible oddity.
What I have found out so far is that the part numbers for seat mechanisms differ between LHD and RHD cars with powered seats, manual seats are identical left and right.

Why these different part numbers for powered seats?
It should not be anything electrical since the mechanism does not seem to include any wiring and the seat occupancy sensor for the passenger seat is also a separate item.
Maybe the adjustment range shall be different for the two seats for some peculiar reason?!

Anyway; I am still interested if someone could just make this simple test and confirm or refute the tilt range difference.
Appreciate 0