New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Brainofjjj
Astronaut
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: car

Petit Le Mans Anyone?!?!

So after this past weekend's brilliant race i decided to go ahead and make plans for Road Atlanta.

Anyone on here planning on attending? I'd pitch in on a motor home if someone in the Atlanta area was going that route. Otherwise i'll be getting in field parking and pitching a tent somewhere.

Hoping the Peachtree CCA group gets their act together and has a corral. Porsche and Corvette always have a good showing.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

I'm DEFINITELY going! And +1 on the car corral. I think the Peachtree CCA was the only car club that didn't have one lol. Apparently Porsche bought up the last lots and wouldn't give in.
      06-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
RON1X
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S Guards Red

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
im definitely going as well. One of the best experiences of my life last year!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Silver E90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

I’m also going again this year!

I recommend getting there early in the week if you are staying at the track. Me and a couple buddies got there last year on Thursday afternoon due to work issues. Needless to say there were no good camping spots left. We ended up camping right off the paved road under the street light on the steep hill just inside the Esses, I think. It was quite an entertaining spot though, heard multiple golf cart accidents late in the night due to people flying down that hill and losing control, which basically amounted to a police checkpoint for most of the night.
But all in all it was an absolute blast, after the race we went down to the Corvette paddock and was just standing there when a crew member asked us if we wanted to join them, it was really cool standing next to the car and watching the team celebrate from inside the paddock. Also was able to meet and congratulate Bobby Rahal and Bill Auberlen. That is the great thing about the ALMS, you have so much access to the teams, cars, and drivers.

Can’t wait for this year!
Appreciate 0