New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

08-27-2019, 02:49 AM   #23
Morgan2018
Rep
Drives: 335d MSport Shadow Edition

Thanks Paris1,

After a couple of months / 800 miles, I decided to replace the front tyres as advised.

The change in the behaviour of the feel of the drive was instant i.e. the problem had gone.

I now have my old car back its former self.

THANKS for your help
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:43 PM   #24
Go351
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Coupe Sakhir Orange

Hi all

Looks like I'm experiencing exactly the same issue with unpredictable /unexpected handling. So thanks for all the posts in this so far. Was about to take it to the dealer to inspect.

In my case I'm pretty sure it's because I replaced the rears with nonRFTs. I'd did this a few months back but have only just noticed whilst on a coastal run. It only happens in constent radious turns. Interestingly, if I mash the power it's not an issue. Just scares you when you're driving fast but normally...

So, turning off dsc stops the problem. But my question is, what power mode am I actually in when I push or push and hold the dsc button off. Ie. I normally drive in sports mode. Turn off dcs and what do you get? Doesn't say anything in the cluster...

Power Feels slightly less responsive when not pushing. But not like when in normal in Mode.

I'm happy to drive without dcs until I replace the fronts. But just wanted to be sure it wasn't any other suspension problem.

Views in drive mode please.
Appreciate 0