New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-28-2021, 08:50 AM   #23
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by translux View Post
Note: I haven’t been out in any real way for more than a year to not sure how COVID has impacted things.

Dinning:
Girl & the Goat-exceptional dinning experience. Reservations will be tough.
https://girlandthegoat.com/chicago

Topolobampo- the tasting menu is fantastic.
https://www.rickbayless.com/restaurants/topolobampo/

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse-old school Chicago, lots of fun for out of towers.
https://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/

Breakfast or Afternoon Tea at the Peninsula-one of my favorite hotels in the world.
https://www.peninsula.com/en/chicago...-afternoon-tea

Nightlife:

Smart Bar-always have had a great time here. Can be a bit out there but everyone is very cool. Doesn’t start rolling until around 1 a.m.
https://www.smartbarchicago.com/

Spybar-great deep, underground techno. A little earlier than Smartbar maybe midnight.
https://www.spybarchicago.com/

Delilah's-great laidback atmosphere and excellent selection of whisky.
http://www.delilahschicago.com/

Redhead Piano Bar-sure it’s tourist row but it’s a blast. You never know who will show up. Many years ago we closed the place with Billy Joel.
https://redheadpianobar.com/

Green Mill-great jazz bar, used in several movies most notably the Thief with James Cann
https://greenmilljazz.com/

Pops for Champagne-excellent Champagne bar
https://www.popsforchampagne.com/
Huge help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #24
JLZ4
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 20i

-Marquette Building
-And located just behind that, I love the Revival Food Hall for gourmet bites in a casual setting
-Black Dog Gelato - some of the best ice cream I've ever had
-Frontera Grill
-Chicago Cultural Center - the Tiffany glass dome is amazing
-Eataly
-The Purple Pig Restaurant
-And an obvious one, but the Art Institute is amazing
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2021, 09:59 AM   #25
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
If you're into cool architecture, the Holy Name Cathedral is worth a visit.

http://www.holynamecathedral.org/

Stunning interior.

Holy Name Cathedral by Mark Johnson, on Flickr

Holy Name Cathedral by Mark Johnson, on Flickr

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
M_Six16888.00
      10-28-2021, 08:31 PM   #26
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Right by your Airbnb (like a block away if that) is Revolution Brewing’s brewpub—good food and beer. If you go a bit south on Milwaukee, still walking distance, there’s a good ramen place called Wasabi, and a newish brewery incubator thing called Pilot Project. Lots of other cool spots within walking distance of you in the Logan Square area.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2021, 06:30 PM   #27
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooblewobble View Post
Right by your Airbnb (like a block away if that) is Revolution Brewing’s brewpub—good food and beer. If you go a bit south on Milwaukee, still walking distance, there’s a good ramen place called Wasabi, and a newish brewery incubator thing called Pilot Project. Lots of other cool spots within walking distance of you in the Logan Square area.
good to know thank you

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 06:41 PM   #28
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
good to know thank you
Revolution makes Anti-Hero IPA. One of my favs.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 06:59 PM   #29
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
good to know thank you
Quote:
Quote:
good to know thank you
PB Eugene looks awesome, count me in!

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 07:58 PM   #30
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update:

We had a fantastic time in Chicago this past Nov. During our tour of Wrigley Field, I managed to pull a baseball out of the shrubs in center field, to bring home to my 9 yr old. Weather was in the low to high 50's, and there was practically nobody in the city, so we had a rare experience I believe.

We did the architect tour, which was even better than I anticipated. The Institute of Art museum. Rode bikes around the marina, went to a bulls game. I was amazed at how epic those Chicago dogs were, particularly at the Bulls game, amazing flavor and no joke sausage. The ladies enjoyed spending time at The London House, really beautiful views of the city that night from their rooftop lounge. We also made it to that Holy Name Cathedral, which was epic. I couldn't believe how clean the city was, especially in the heart of downtown. We will definitely be going back vs always going to NYC for that big city experience. Not to mention, quality house music in every restaurant and cafe in the city vs. hip hop like you get in NYC. The house music was exactly on point.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 3
wtwo317968.50
bosstones1154.00
translux479.50
      02-07-2022, 10:08 PM   #31
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Update:

We had a fantastic time in Chicago this past Nov. During our tour of Wrigley Field, I managed to pull a baseball out of the shrubs in center field, to bring home to my 9 yr old. Weather was in the low to high 50's, and there was practically nobody in the city, so we had a rare experience I believe.

We did the architect tour, which was even better than I anticipated. The Institute of Art museum. Rode bikes around the marina, went to a bulls game. I was amazed at how epic those Chicago dogs were, particularly at the Bulls game, amazing flavor and no joke sausage. The ladies enjoyed spending time at The London House, really beautiful views of the city that night from their rooftop lounge. We also made it to that Holy Name Cathedral, which was epic. I couldn't believe how clean the city was, especially in the heart of downtown. We will definitely be going back vs always going to NYC for that big city experience. Not to mention, quality house music in every restaurant and cafe in the city vs. hip hop like you get in NYC. The house music was exactly on point.
It's a hidden gem right there in downtown. Glad you had a good trip.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2022, 06:50 PM   #32
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Update:

Quote:
Quote:
Update:

Thank you for the tip! My best friend who i grew up with in church since I was 5 and I got to sit in a pew and just enjoy the detail and architecture - a really nice experience.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
M_Six16888.00