New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

View Poll Results: What year will VER win his first WDC in Formula One?
2021 17 17.89%
2022 4 4.21%
2023 15 15.79%
2024 1 1.05%
2025 0 0%
2026 or beyond 1 1.05%
Not happening until HAM retires... 57 60.00%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

03-30-2021, 12:19 PM   #419
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
You kind of sound like the NASCAR fans you are picking on.
I don't get it?

I watch and like some NASCAR. Just feel most NASCAR fans have no knowledge or appreciation of F1. Hence my "Mental Midget" or "Simpleton" depiction. Can't remember which tern I used.

Speaking of NASCAR did you see the Dirt race at Bristol? #Stupid & #Unwatchable!!! IMHO they took one of my favorite NASCAR races and ruined it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 12:32 PM   #420
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
I didn't know it was a secret? I don't hate anyone but scHAM is my least favorite driver. In addition MB is my least favorite team because I'm a BMW guy.
I don't hide my bias. I have one team Ferrari with HAAS as a sentimental favorite because their US based operation is 20 minutes from my home. Plus, I never said the dude can't drive he just isn't the GOAT.

To summarize:

2007 HAM crushed buy the "Peoples Champ" Kimi Kimi was let by in the race by Massa otherwise he didn't have the points to win. HAM lost by one point. While I agree with the sentiment of, "whether you won by one point or by 1,000 points, you still won. 1 point out of 98 is less than 2% and doesn't equal a crush. Get real. Delusion 1 unravelled.
2008 HAM gets lucky as a few minutes of rain costs MASSA Championship, BFD See above. At least HAM did it on his own. Delusion 2 dispelled.
VET era begins because? "It's the car"
HAM gets insider info & moves to MB - He was recruited by 2 of the most prolific names in all of motorsport. Ross Brawn and Niki Lauda. I was with the team that year at the German GP and saw what they were doing. It was a masterstroke. Sorry none of your favs were good enough to be recruited or had vision enough to take the leap. Delusion 3 dispelled.
HAM Bone dry thru 2013 including 1 year with MB. NOPE. The team was in 5th place with MSC and ROS. HAM enters and they bounce to 2nd from 5th and he won a race that year in a car that ate tires like a fat NC boy at a buffet. Delusion 4 dispelled.

Hybrid Era Begins

2014 "It's the Car" Go back and watch the season.
2015 "It's the Car" See above.
2016 beaten by worthless NICO Nope. Nico was always fast over one lap.
2017 "It's the Car" - NOPE. The Ferrari was faster just driven by muppets.
2018 "It's the Car" - NOPE. The Ferrari was faster just driven by muppets.
2019 "It's the Car" - Nope. Epic drives in multiple locations on tracks not favored by the car.
2020 "It's the Car" - Nope. See above and Turkey.

1 lucky non-hybrid Championship
6 "It's the car" Championships with inferior teammates

P.S. You see how fast MB ran Norris out of town? I seem to remember Norris winning the race and crushing BOT before scHAM's car just happened to breakdown. MB couldn't have Norris prove it's "The Car" after all!!!
My work here is done.

P.S. Kimi. People's champion. LOL
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
Ngilbe361618.50
      03-30-2021, 12:36 PM   #421
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I didn't know it was a secret? I don't hate anyone but scHAM is my least favorite driver. In addition MB is my least favorite team because I'm a BMW guy.
I don't hide my bias. I have one team Ferrari with HAAS as a sentimental favorite because their US based operation is 20 minutes from my home. Plus, I never said the dude can't drive he just isn't the GOAT.

To summarize:

2007 HAM crushed buy the "Peoples Champ" Kimi
2008 HAM gets lucky as a few minutes of rain costs MASSA Championship, BFD
HAM gets insider info & moves to MB
HAM Bone dry thru 2013 including 1 year with MB

Hybrid Era Begins

2014 "It's the Car"
2015 "It's the Car"
2016 beaten by worthless NICO
2017 "It's the Car"
2018 "It's the Car"
2019 "It's the Car"
2020 "It's the Car"

P.S. You see how fast MB ran Norris out of town? I seem to remember Norris winning the race and crushing BOT before scHAM's car just happened to breakdown. MB couldn't have Norris prove it's "The Car" after all!!!
Quote:
I don't get it?

I watch and like some NASCAR. Just feel most NASCAR fans have no knowledge or appreciation of F1. Hence my "Mental Midget" or "Simpleton" depiction. Can't remember which tern I used.

Speaking of NASCAR did you see the Dirt race at Bristol? #Stupid & #Unwatchable!!! IMHO they took one of my favorite NASCAR races and ruined it.
As evidenced by your post above.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
Steeler2422.00
      03-30-2021, 02:12 PM   #422
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
I don't get it?

You don't like Hamilton because of his politics or you think he is a hypocrite. That's fine and your opinion, but nobody lucks into nearly 100 wins and 7 WDCs. Just like the best NASCAR teams/drivers haven't either etc.

RB needs to get out of its own way and Max hasn't shown he has the race to race consistency to be a F1 champ yet. This year looks like it could be their year, but with one race down, all it is excuses from him, RB and their fans.

For the record, I don't dislike Lewis or the Merc team. They are far from my favorites in F1 though, but you have to give it to them and their success. They've earned it via a ton of hard work and skill.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      03-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #423
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
nobody lucks into nearly 100 wins and 7 WDCs. Just like the best NASCAR teams/drivers haven't either etc.
Thanks for the explanation but I still don't see the similarity.

With MB in F1 you are basically talking about one team, one driver and the best Team Principle dominating. They didn't luck into those wins as a TEAM. I'm saying scHAM lucked into 6 championships by driving for that awesome team.

Just like VET lucked into 4 championships teaming up with Red Bull. Or Button and Brawn crushing it with the double diffuser.

On the other hand NASCAR has several teams and drivers capable of winning championships. NASCAR hasn't seen team or driver domination since the Jimmy Johnson years. Even when JJ was dominate several other drivers and teams won races. Plus NASCAR teams have to deal with much more chaos on a weekly basis than those in F1.

F1 and NASCAR are two very different animals / Hard to compare
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 02:56 PM   #424
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

With MB in F1 you are basically talking about one team, one driver and the best Team Principle dominating. They didn't luck into those wins as a TEAM. I'm saying scHAM lucked into 6 championships by driving for that awesome team.

Just like VET lucked into 4 championships teaming up with Red Bull. Or Button and Brawn crushing it with the double diffuser.

On the other hand NASCAR has several teams and drivers capable of winning championships. NASCAR hasn't seen team or driver domination since the Jimmy Johnson years. Even when JJ was dominate several other drivers and teams won races. Plus NASCAR teams have to deal with much more chaos on a weekly basis than those in F1.

I wasn't comparing them, but there have been dominant drivers and teams in NASCAR just like F1. Neither were lucky to drive for them. The best teams attract/pay for the best drivers.

I suppose Brady was lucky to just be on the Pats and Bucks?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      03-30-2021, 02:57 PM   #425
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

This is common in F1. The best car almost always wins the championship. What you're failing to grasp being blinded by some sort of hatred for winners, is that Ham wins races against the best cars when he's in the 2nd or 3rd best car. Obviously Ham won't be winning in a Williams. Maybe in a 2015 or 2016 Williams, he'd win a race. Maybe even snatch a pole position or two.

That's why we say Ham won in 2017 & 2018 against Ferrari having the better car. And why he won the season opener against Redbull having the best car.

But clearly, you're here to troll and I like MKsixer, has wasted wasted time responding to you.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
yco5722.50
      03-30-2021, 03:03 PM   #426
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
2007 HAM crushed buy the "Peoples Champ" Kimi Kimi was let by in the race by Massa otherwise he didn't have the points to win. HAM lost by one point. While I agree with the sentiment of, "whether you won by one point or by 1,000 points, you still won. 1 point out of 98 is less than 2% and doesn't equal a crush. Get real. Delusion 1 unravelled.
2008 HAM gets lucky as a few minutes of rain costs MASSA Championship, BFD See above. At least HAM did it on his own. Delusion 2 dispelled.
HAM gets insider info & moves to MB - He was recruited by 2 of the most prolific names in all of motorsport. Ross Brawn and Niki Lauda. I was with the team that year at the German GP and saw what they were doing. It was a masterstroke. Sorry none of your favs were good enough to be recruited or had vision enough to take the leap. Delusion 3 dispelled.
HAM Bone dry thru 2013 including 1 year with MB. NOPE. The team was in 5th place with MSC and ROS. HAM enters and they bounce to 2nd from 5th and he won a race that year in a car that ate tires like a fat NC boy at a buffet. Delusion 4 dispelled.

Hybrid Era Begins

2014 "It's the Car" Go back and watch the season.
2015 "It's the Car" See above.
2016 beaten by worthless NICO Nope. Nico was always fast over one lap.
2017 "It's the Car" - NOPE. The Ferrari was faster just driven by muppets.
2018 "It's the Car" - NOPE. The Ferrari was faster just driven by muppets.
2019 "It's the Car" - Nope. Epic drives in multiple locations on tracks not favored by the car.
2020 "It's the Car" - Nope. See above and Turkey.

You are correct about Ferrari employing muppets (VET) but still have a warped sense of reality

And YES, "Peoples Champion" was coined for Kimi
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #427
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
That's why we say Ham won in 2017 & 2018 against Ferrari having the better car. And why he won the season opener against Redbull having the best car.
I'm not trolling, I'm giving my honest opinion. No one says you have to agree with it.

I'm also not certain Ferrari's 17' 18' car was better. VET fell apart and HAM is a better driver. I don't dislike F1s traditional dominate winners I just don't like HAM or VET for that matter.

Hopefully LEC will be next
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      03-30-2021, 03:21 PM   #428
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I suppose Brady was lucky to just be on the Pats and Bucks?
No Brady's wife is loaded so he could afford to take less money and surround himself with significantly better players. Plus he is damn good!!! He is the GOAT with a little help from his coaches and teammates.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:23 PM   #429
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
This is common in F1. The best car almost always wins the championship. What you're failing to grasp being blinded by some sort of hatred for winners, is that Ham wins races against the best cars when he's in the 2nd or 3rd best car. Obviously Ham won't be winning in a Williams. Maybe in a 2015 or 2016 Williams, he'd win a race. Maybe even snatch a pole position or two.

But clearly, you're here to troll and I like MKsixer, has wasted wasted time responding to you.
If you think you're wasting time then don't reply.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #430
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm not trolling, I'm giving my honest opinion. No one says you have to agree with it.

I'm also not certain Ferrari's 17' 18' car was better. VET fell apart and HAM is a better driver. I don't dislike F1s traditional dominate winners I just don't like HAM or VET for that matter.

Hopefully LEC will be next
You don't need to be certain the 2017 and 2018 F-cars were faster. The DATA said so.

What I find fascinating is that for fans of a data driven sport, no...THE data driven sport, there are certain fans who ignore the data and go on and on about their opinions when the objective reality...backed up by MATH is in front of them.
Appreciate 1
Bongoxxx804.00
      03-30-2021, 08:45 PM   #431
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You don't need to be certain the 2017 and 2018 F-cars were faster. The DATA said so.

What I find fascinating is that for fans of a data driven sport, no...THE data driven sport, there are certain fans who ignore the data and go on and on about their opinions when the objective reality...backed up by MATH is in front of them.
No, I'm not a big data person. HAM crushed SeaBass mentally. That can't be measured. So it really doesn't matter if the Ferrari was faster.

If I remember correctly? And we are talking about the same season? Wasn't everything still up for grabs until SeaBass crashed out in Germany? After that he fell apart IMHO (Don't wanna be accused of trolling again).

Good nite Sixer
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      03-30-2021, 09:07 PM   #432
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
No, I'm not a big data person. HAM crushed SeaBass mentally. That can't be measured. So it really doesn't matter if the Ferrari was faster.

If I remember correctly? And we are talking about the same season? Wasn't everything still up for grabs until SeaBass crashed out in Germany? After that he fell apart IMHO (Don't wanna be accused of trolling again).

Good nite Sixer
True on a few points.

He ran off the road one year in Canada and crashed out in Germany.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2021, 07:14 AM   #433
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Again, you're hilarious. The 2009 F1 season isn't cherry picking data. It's a WHOLE RACING SEASON. If you know anything about data, it provides enough to draw conclusions on the skill level of Sir Lewis.

If not, carry on!!

Cheers-mk

P.S. It may just be easier to admit you hate the guy and move on from there.
This. I just love seeing Hamilton destroy F1’s rising stars. He black, best in the world (7 times over) and there is nothing you can do about it.

Lol at mentioning Max. It’s so wild to me that these people will downplay Hamilton’s talent, but swear by a guy who’s sole accomplishment is just coming close to Lewis a few times.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
minn1913970.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      03-31-2021, 07:21 AM   #434
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
No Brady's wife is loaded so he could afford to take less money and surround himself with significantly better players. Plus he is damn good!!! He is the GOAT with a little help from his coaches and teammates.
I am (was) a HUGE Tom Brady fan. I legitimately, honestly in my heart of hearts believe Tom Brady is using the supernatural to win. He says he and his wife practice witchcraft.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2021, 07:23 AM   #435
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
This. I just love seeing Hamilton destroy F1’s rising stars. He black, best in the world (7 times over) and there is nothing you can do about it.

Lol at mentioning Max. It’s so wild to me that these people will downplay Hamilton’s talent, but swear by a guy who’s sole accomplishment is just coming close to Lewis a few times.
This.

Sir Lewis is so successful and so good that his opponents are becoming more famous by LOSING to him.

I've never seen such a phenomena.

Cheers-MK
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      03-31-2021, 08:10 AM   #436
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I am (was) a HUGE Tom Brady fan. I legitimately, honestly in my heart of hearts believe Tom Brady is using the supernatural to win. He says he and his wife practice witchcraft.
That's awesome
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 10:27 AM   #437
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I'm guessing he would be doing just fine without GB's money and the "pay cut."
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2021, 10:38 AM   #438
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm guessing he would be doing just fine without GB's money and the "pay cut."
Profile says Minnesota,,,U not a Vikings fan? Or just like Brady?
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2021, 10:42 AM   #439
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Profile says Minnesota,,,U not a Vikings fan? Or just like Brady?
Honestly, don't care for the NFL all that much anymore.

And I don't really care for Brady, but I do recognize he is the GOAT etc.

All I really want to see is the Wild get a Cup here.

Last edited by minn19; 03-31-2021 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      04-01-2021, 12:05 PM   #440
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Dah!

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/04...says-briatore/
Appreciate 1