New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

12-07-2008, 06:16 AM   #1
myspace.com/bmwz4mcoupe
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 ///M & E53

Thumbs down E89: a.k.a. Gina's uglier little sister

Here it is. Another proof that Chris Bangle needs to get fired and why BMW needs to bring Anders Warming back. Either that, or just have someone from the Quandt family go Nazi on Chrissy's washed-up @$$.

Chris-- If you (or someone from the design department) are reading this, please know that as the man-in-charge of design, Roundel aficionados are holding you accountable to actually doing your job in a satisfactory manner especially with the distinctive Z-series line. So, why the hell would anyone in Munich be allowed to copy the front end of a 3-series Sportwagon, the body styling of the va-Gina concept, z8 side effects, and the morbidly obese derier of a 6-series and slap a Z-badge on it? Why? The only explaination I can come up with may be the pressure for you to appeal to a wider demographic because of the current business climate at the expense of diluting motorsport enthusiasts out of your core customer mix. I know you proved you can do that in key EU markets when the new 3-series became as common as the Ford Mondeo, so if that's the same strategic intent behind the E89-- congratulations! You are getting ready to become the man who single-handedly sold BMW's soul to mediocrity due to marketing myopia.

Okay, now that I've shared how I really feel about Gina's uglier little sister (aka E89), I know there will be some of you fellow Z4MC owners out there that are going ooh-and-ahh about the E89. My apologies in advance. To make this up to you, I will petition our friends in Munich to throw in a pair of panties and lip gloss to go with the purchase of this chick car soon to be know as Gina's uglier little sister.

Did I say that this car was the biggest disappointment in my experience as a BMW aficionado? Well, I guess BMW just helped me make my decision to go with the R8. Good job Chris Bangle, the folks at Audi will really love you for this joke you call the E89!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Post which isn't worth to read... just a frustration of someone who can't accept that new Z4 is here, is 100 times better than old one and his Z4 will became old and dated ...

Quote:
Here it is. Another proof that Chris Bangle needs to get fired
Another bullshit like everything else... Chris Bangle didn't design new Z4
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakal View Post
Post which isn't worth to read... just a frustration of someone who can't accept that new Z4 is here, is 100 times better than old one and his Z4 will became old and dated ...

Well said!
      12-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
EnI
Secret Agent
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Joy Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by myspace.com/bmwz4mcoupe View Post
Here it is. Another proof that Chris Bangle needs to get fired and why BMW needs to bring Anders Warming back. Either that, or just have someone from the Quandt family go Nazi on Chrissy's washed-up @$$.

Chris-- If you (or someone from the design department) are reading this, please know that as the man-in-charge of design, Roundel aficionados are holding you accountable to actually doing your job in a satisfactory manner especially with the distinctive Z-series line. So, why the hell would anyone in Munich be allowed to copy the front end of a 3-series Sportwagon, the body styling of the va-Gina concept, z8 side effects, and the morbidly obese derier of a 6-series and slap a Z-badge on it? Why? The only explaination I can come up with may be the pressure for you to appeal to a wider demographic because of the current business climate at the expense of diluting motorsport enthusiasts out of your core customer mix. I know you proved you can do that in key EU markets when the new 3-series became as common as the Ford Mondeo, so if that's the same strategic intent behind the E89-- congratulations! You are getting ready to become the man who single-handedly sold BMW's soul to mediocrity due to marketing myopia.

Okay, now that I've shared how I really feel about Gina's uglier little sister (aka E89), I know there will be some of you fellow Z4MC owners out there that are going ooh-and-ahh about the E89. My apologies in advance. To make this up to you, I will petition our friends in Munich to throw in a pair of panties and lip gloss to go with the purchase of this chick car soon to be know as Gina's uglier little sister.

Did I say that this car was the biggest disappointment in my experience as a BMW aficionado? Well, I guess BMW just helped me make my decision to go with the R8. Good job Chris Bangle, the folks at Audi will really love you for this joke you call the E89!

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read.

You absolutely have no idea what's going on in BMW design department.

Eg. Anders Warming is there - being a chief of exterior design BMW Automobiles - meaning he is much more present at exterior design process than Chris Bangle - who is a director of design BMW Group.

The new car (E89) was penned by a young female designer named Juliane Blasi. Not by Bangle (BMW GRoup design director), nor va Hooydonk (design director BMW Automobiles), nor Warming (chief exterior designer BMW Automobiles).

Also: GINA was designed by Anders Warming way BEFORE E85 Z4 was - actually GINA was an inspiration for E85 design, and other BMW models as well. GINA is the inspiration for "flame surfacing" being brought into metal.

________

Another counterpoint: E89 Z4 will be the sportier & more performance oriented than the current E85 Z4. Also the design is much more aggressive & of premium feel.

________

I guess you're just being frustrated since the new car is here - better, fresher, and prettier than your current car.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
myspace.com/bmwz4mcoupe
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 ///M & E53

I know you didn't read the post and that we've obviously agreed to disagree, but note the reference to Anders Warming (designer of the original z4). Point here is that as the man-in-charge, Bangle is accountable for all of design. Oh and yes, I am accepting that the new z4 is here-- that's why I'm now on the Audi R8 waiting list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakal View Post

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
fxhomie
Mr. Bahnbnr
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, BMW 330Ci Conv. ZHP

R8 and Z4 (new or old) don't compete on any level, least of all price...

R8 is a great car, but it's apples to oranges.

I happen to think the new Z4 is a styling improvement over the old, and I'm sure it's improved in other ways too.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Tenorino
Rep
Drives: Fred Flintstone Sedan

Wow, that guy certainly has some issues. I hope his mom can help him out! Seriously, all brands carry similar or shared hallmarks throughout their model line. This guy thinks (and some other unrealistic posters, that the wheel must always be re-invented each time a new model comes out! This isn't even a new car but rather a makeover. Go get your Audi. I know that when you come up beside me at the stoplight in my new Z4, you'll bitterly try to convince yourself that you made the right choice...while coveting my ride.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
sniry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 3.0si z4 roadster

The evolution method car makers use, specially german is the way legends are born(look at us, human kind). thats why each of our beloved bimmers are special and respectable cars even when the new guy arrive. when you "reinvent the wheel" every time, you trow away the old one.
for example- meaningless Japanese cars. i think R8 is a fabulous car, but has no heritage, at least not for now, same with comparing new lambos to ferrari, new lambos are absolutely fabulous super cars, but just another great product made by a very good producer(audi)and have no connection to italian heritage..at least ferrari are still in italian hands..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #9
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by myspace.com/bmwz4mcoupe View Post

wow.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #10
Shakal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

schwab: Wait for official pictures ... This picture was taken with iPhone , light was bad, this picture doesn't show real proportions... On official pictures it looks much better, and even better in person. Side by side E89 makes E85 old and dated.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #11
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

What a douche. Starts an account just to leave a rambling post full of his hate and frustration.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
1POINT9
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z3/JCW Mini/328i NO AUTOMATICS

Buh Bye

Keep what you have if you are happy with it.. Thats what I did with my Z3.
Otherwise if you do not like your coupe enough to keep it then I guess the best we can do is wish you happy trails..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
killjohnnyforan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

R8 or the new Z4... because they're really in the same price range
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
Balthazar_B
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fast

FWIW, IMO the 189 looks like a conscious attempt to steer the design in the direction of the old 507, which was a remarkable looking car.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #15
GuyOh
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LB M2 / 2020 X5 40i

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
2020 Bmw X5 40i  [0.00]
I think its soo retarded for people to judge a car without seeing the official pictures or have not yet seen the car in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #16
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Without the internet providing a wall of anonimity we might never know such unbelievably awkward and distasteful personalities exist.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #17
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Hahaha all of you guys are owned by this troll.

A bicycle riding troll dreaming about getting his civic, let alone getting R8.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #18
SL%%
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 525i

is he for real? what is he talking about? this is the best Z4 yet that BMW launched. it is nowhere near the old Z4. for me, it's only the shape that was retained but everything else is work of marvel. i will admit that I never liked the old Z4 at all but this E89 changed my view. the E89 with its new design is a league of its own
Appreciate 0