New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-15-2022, 04:26 AM   #23
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hap View Post
Everyone knows the feelings you have on Pickup day.
My First new BMW M240i Vert 2020
X3 m40i pick up at performance center.
Pick up at PCD is an experience you should try in my opinion. Whole day is Very cool.

Hap
Wow nice! What's/Where's PCD?
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 08:04 AM   #24
LivingInSalt
Lieutenant
864
Rep
540
Posts

Drives: 2023 BMW M240i
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Wow nice! What's/Where's PCD?
PCD = Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg, South Carolina

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery/
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2022, 04:21 PM   #25
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInSalt View Post
PCD = Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg, South Carolina

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery/
Thanks for sharing this link!
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2022, 05:25 PM   #26
jmg
Lieutenant General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
15636
Rep
13,012
Posts

Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive, i3 LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [0.00]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I love these trips down memory lane!

03/23/2013 - Picked up my 2013 F30 328i





01/26/2016 - Dropped off the 328i, which is in the background of this photo and picked up a 2016 F30 340i M Sport





04/04/2016 - Dropped off the 340i and picked up an 2016 F80 M3





01/27/2019 - Dropped off the M3 and picked up a 2018 F80 M3 CS!





01/26/2022 - Dropped off the M3 CS and picked up the 2022 G82 M4 Comp X-Drive!


The G82 is in the background here:







I've also had 3 BMW i3's between 2017 and 2022, but I didn't really get photos of those at the dealership.
__________________

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3

Last edited by jmg; 08-28-2022 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 4
      08-15-2022, 09:53 PM   #27
ToddinTN
Both Feet In
494
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2011 SG DINAN E93 M3
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
PCD pickup, May 2021
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 3
      08-16-2022, 04:07 AM   #28
KevinC
your average JAMF
KevinC's Avatar
United_States
3490
Rep
3,376
Posts

Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cochise County, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Wish I was close enough to SC to do PCD, but not practical for me. I have been there 2-3 times though, used to work for a company based in Greenville, did a few corporate events there. Got to drive a Z4M there right after I'd bought one myself back in 2008.

__________________
'21 M2 Comp
'19 Golf R
Appreciate 2
      08-16-2022, 06:50 AM   #29
SniperWoolf
New Member
6
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 318d
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddinTN View Post
PCD pickup, May 2021
Wow such an amazing car!
Appreciate 2
      08-16-2022, 07:52 AM   #30
Kowalski2011
Private
Kowalski2011's Avatar
United_States
624
Rep
61
Posts

Drives: '11 135i / '11 E93 M3 / '01 Z3
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [7.00]
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 135i fly and drive on 12/12/2013

Name:  135i day1b.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  263.7 KB

Name:  135i day1a.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  241.9 KB

And here she is today

Name:  bmw135i.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  538.6 KB

2011 M3 on 11/23/2021

Name:  M3 day1a.JPG
Views: 224
Size:  449.5 KB
Appreciate 4
ToddinTN493.50
10"3360.00
      08-16-2022, 02:12 PM   #31
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddinTN View Post
PCD pickup, May 2021
Absolutely stunning! Very cool and that advertising it's awesome!
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
ToddinTN493.50
      08-16-2022, 02:26 PM   #32
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I love these trips down memory lane!

03/23/2013 - Picked up my 2013 F30 328i





01/26/2016 - Dropped off the 328i, which is in the background of this photo and picked up a 2016 F30 340i M Sport





04/04/2019 - Dropped off the 340i and picked up an 2016 F80 M3





01/27/2019 - Dropped off the M3 and picked up a 2018 F80 M3 CS!





01/26/2022 - Dropped off the M3 CS and picked up the 2022 G82 M4 Comp X-Drive!


The G82 is in the background here:







I've also had 3 BMW i3's between 2017 and 2022, but I didn't really get photos of those at the dealership.

Fantastic! Fantastic Thanks for this show! Hope you can inspire other to do the same! In all senses
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 02:28 PM   #33
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Wish I was close enough to SC to do PCD, but not practical for me. I have been there 2-3 times though, used to work for a company based in Greenville, did a few corporate events there. Got to drive a Z4M there right after I'd bought one myself back in 2008.

How cool! Do you still own the Z4M?
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 02:30 PM   #34
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski2011 View Post
2011 135i fly and drive on 12/12/2013

Attachment 2958285

Attachment 2958292

And here she is today

Attachment 2958299

2011 M3 on 11/23/2021

Attachment 2958296
Congrats on the beautiful cars! Fly and Drive as well for the E92 M3?
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 10:13 PM   #35
KevinC
your average JAMF
KevinC's Avatar
United_States
3490
Rep
3,376
Posts

Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cochise County, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
How cool! Do you still own the Z4M?
Sigh.

Kept my first one for 8 years. I was lusting after an E39 M5 for a long time, and the only way to pull that off was to lose the Z4MC. So after carefully pondering it, I pulled the trigger and traded my Z4MC to EAG towards a super-cherry '02 M5 - 56k miles, spotless (as all EAG cars are), gorgeous. Flew into Cincinnati and drove the M5 all the way home to Arizona. I only paid $31,900 for that car in mid-2015. At EAG pricing. Seems SO cheap now.

I only kept the M5 for a year. My other car at the time was an E46 ZHP coupe. I found myself reaching for the E46 keys more often than the M5's keys, because I simply enjoyed driving it more, despite a 164-hp handicap. I loved the looks of the M5, but the driving experience just didn't move me. The lack of rack & pinion steering was a big part of it - all V8 E39's have recirculating ball steering, and it's numb and very not-BMW like. Meanwhile the rack in the ZHP is legendary, one of BMW's all-time best.

4 years ago I decided I needed another Z4MC in my life. I figured it would be a long search for the "right" car, but I found it right away, though it was across the country in Philly. 34k miles, Space Grey, non-nav (a must for me), pristine condition. Flew into see/drive and buy if all checked out, and it did.

Just over 2 years later, in early '21, I got hit, to the tune of about $10k in damage. It was fixed well but I knew I didn't want to keep it after that much damage. So while it was being fixed, I took the opportunity to order a '21 M2 Comp. This was early February. Great timing - was able to secure an allocation at MSRP, car delivered 3 months later without any delays. But I'll always miss the Z4MC. They are spectacular cars. If I had a place to park an additional car, I might be looking for another now.

Z4MC #1, purchased new in mid-2007...



#2, 2018...

__________________
'21 M2 Comp
'19 Golf R
Appreciate 5
      08-17-2022, 06:18 AM   #36
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Sigh.

Kept my first one for 8 years. I was lusting after an E39 M5 for a long time, and the only way to pull that off was to lose the Z4MC. So after carefully pondering it, I pulled the trigger and traded my Z4MC to EAG towards a super-cherry '02 M5 - 56k miles, spotless (as all EAG cars are), gorgeous. Flew into Cincinnati and drove the M5 all the way home to Arizona. I only paid $31,900 for that car in mid-2015. At EAG pricing. Seems SO cheap now.

I only kept the M5 for a year. My other car at the time was an E46 ZHP coupe. I found myself reaching for the E46 keys more often than the M5's keys, because I simply enjoyed driving it more, despite a 164-hp handicap. I loved the looks of the M5, but the driving experience just didn't move me. The lack of rack & pinion steering was a big part of it - all V8 E39's have recirculating ball steering, and it's numb and very not-BMW like. Meanwhile the rack in the ZHP is legendary, one of BMW's all-time best.

4 years ago I decided I needed another Z4MC in my life. I figured it would be a long search for the "right" car, but I found it right away, though it was across the country in Philly. 34k miles, Space Grey, non-nav (a must for me), pristine condition. Flew into see/drive and buy if all checked out, and it did.

Just over 2 years later, in early '21, I got hit, to the tune of about $10k in damage. It was fixed well but I knew I didn't want to keep it after that much damage. So while it was being fixed, I took the opportunity to order a '21 M2 Comp. This was early February. Great timing - was able to secure an allocation at MSRP, car delivered 3 months later without any delays. But I'll always miss the Z4MC. They are spectacular cars. If I had a place to park an additional car, I might be looking for another now.

Z4MC #1, purchased new in mid-2007...



#2, 2018...

Thanks Kevin for the awesome and well written story. Really appreciate!

I'm curious about why you mentioned non-nav it's a must for you and also did you got your hands on the M2C? Any pics of her/him
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 05:03 PM   #37
visionaut
Lieutenant
visionaut's Avatar
780
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 2016 435iX GC & 1976 2002
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mile High, CO USA

iTrader: (0)

I’ll play.

I got the whole draped sheet reveal and a bow for my F36 delivery. Lol..

I even got a short video of it captured with my phone, see link (can’t attach videos here?): http://visionautiks.com/video/vision...6_Delivery.m4v

And some Then & Now pics - it’s first arrival home (top) and as it sits today in summer attire (bottom). Great car btw… my second Bimmer.

Tom
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 3
      08-19-2022, 11:59 PM   #38
Namelss
First Lieutenant
Namelss's Avatar
United_States
375
Rep
334
Posts

Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Order placed 7/21 delivered 1/22.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2022 M5C Snapper Rocks Blue Metallic ~Tartufo
Appreciate 4
      08-20-2022, 12:17 AM   #39
Bayernzeit
Enlisted Member
Bayernzeit's Avatar
Germany
104
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: G29 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Regensburg, DE

iTrader: (0)

27 July 2022. U.S. Overseas Military Sales program and picked up in Grafenwöhr, Bavaria, where I am currently stationed. I was bowled over by the San Francisco Red when I finally saw it in person. Patiently working up to 1200 miles before I open it up. Love, love, love driving here in Bavaria, and will be sad to leave. Third BMW and second convertible. Had to get the Z4 before they're gone forever.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 4
      08-20-2022, 01:23 PM   #40
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionaut View Post
I’ll play.

I got the whole draped sheet reveal and a bow for my F36 delivery. Lol..

I even got a short video of it captured with my phone, see link (can’t attach videos here?): http://visionautiks.com/video/vision...6_Delivery.m4v

And some Then & Now pics - it’s first arrival home (top) and as it sits today in summer attire (bottom). Great car btw… my second Bimmer.

Tom
It's a great car!! Congrats 440i?
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #41
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelss View Post
Order placed 7/21 delivered 1/22.
Wow! That waiting must have been long .... but in the end you got it! Spectacular car Congrats!
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #42
joao.toscano
Captain
joao.toscano's Avatar
Netherlands
831
Rep
793
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayernzeit View Post
27 July 2022. U.S. Overseas Military Sales program and picked up in Grafenwöhr, Bavaria, where I am currently stationed. I was bowled over by the San Francisco Red when I finally saw it in person. Patiently working up to 1200 miles before I open it up. Love, love, love driving here in Bavaria, and will be sad to leave. Third BMW and second convertible. Had to get the Z4 before they're gone forever.
Wow! That car really stands man! It's a great car! I never owned a convertible! also never drove one. But all my cars had a open roof somehow i need to have some availability on top of my head! Are you based in Germany right?
__________________
....Life is too short to drive boring cars
BMW M140i STG.1 MHD/ BMW 120i E81 - UA71 gone

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2022, 07:29 PM   #43
visionaut
Lieutenant
visionaut's Avatar
780
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: 2016 435iX GC & 1976 2002
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mile High, CO USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
It's a great car!! Congrats 440i?
Thanks!

Attached Images
 
Appreciate 4
      08-20-2022, 11:16 PM   #44
Bayernzeit
Enlisted Member
Bayernzeit's Avatar
Germany
104
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: G29 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Regensburg, DE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayernzeit View Post
27 July 2022. U.S. Overseas Military Sales program and picked up in Grafenwöhr, Bavaria, where I am currently stationed. I was bowled over by the San Francisco Red when I finally saw it in person. Patiently working up to 1200 miles before I open it up. Love, love, love driving here in Bavaria, and will be sad to leave. Third BMW and second convertible. Had to get the Z4 before they're gone forever.
Wow! That car really stands man! It's a great car! I never owned a convertible! also never drove one. But all my cars had a open roof somehow i need to have some availability on top of my head! Are you based in Germany right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayernzeit View Post
27 July 2022. U.S. Overseas Military Sales program and picked up in Grafenwöhr, Bavaria, where I am currently stationed. I was bowled over by the San Francisco Red when I finally saw it in person. Patiently working up to 1200 miles before I open it up. Love, love, love driving here in Bavaria, and will be sad to leave. Third BMW and second convertible. Had to get the Z4 before they're gone forever.
Wow! That car really stands man! It's a great car! I never owned a convertible! also never drove one. But all my cars had a open roof somehow i need to have some availability on top of my head! Are you based in Germany right?
Thanks, Joao. Just a guest in Germany for three years. It's been fantastic.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST