New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-19-2021, 11:10 PM   #67
jsf721
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Full vaccinated with Moderna. Zero issues other than a slightly sore arm like a flu shot. Do it if you can.
Appreciate 2
Esteban6122.50
RickFLM46123.50
      03-19-2021, 11:15 PM   #68
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

I've only had my first shot, but already I've been diagnosed with Autism and Bill Gates has called to ask me to stay away from certain places.
Appreciate 3
vreihen164379.50
King Rudi10539.00
RickFLM46123.50
      03-20-2021, 09:30 AM   #69
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

For any Veterans on here, call your local VA. They started out with a 'don't call us, we'll call you when ready' but have now switched over to 'call and get on the list'. Some without any pre-condition restrictions. This may differ site-to-site, but best to get on the radar as wanting one (call your PCP).
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 03:01 PM   #70
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 X2 M35i

Garage List
shot 1 of Pfizer about an hour ago. So far so good. They scheduled me for shot 2 in three weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 03:14 PM   #71
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Cars

A little over 24 hours since my 2nd Pfizer vaccination. Only side effect is a slightly sore arm. Now I need my daughter to get the vaccinations and I'll be happy.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:48 AM   #72
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

First shot Friday afternoon. Same as everyone else, sore arm. I ended up with a slight rash around the injection site.

I do keep getting random thoughts that my windows 10 machines need to be restarted every few hours since then.
Appreciate 1
vreihen164379.50
      03-22-2021, 07:52 AM   #73
Uber Commuter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
First shot Friday afternoon. Same as everyone else, sore arm. I ended up with a slight rash around the injection site.

I do keep getting random thoughts that my windows 10 machines need to be restarted every few hours since then.
Update your brain to Windows 365, it will get rid of that problem
Appreciate 3
King Rudi10539.00
vreihen164379.50
Mosaud19981056.50
      03-22-2021, 08:03 AM   #74
///MPhatic
The Seeker
United_States
Rep
Drives: E39

I had my first dose (Moderna) a few weeks ago, and this is what I noticed.

1. The needle stick was the easiest I've ever had, like almost no pain whatsoever, must have been very tiny. Also, it was super quick, as in the time the needle was in my arm was maybe 2 seconds?

2. Starting later that day my arm was sore near the site, and for the next few days it felt like I had been playing the older shoulder-punch game with my mates if I touched it, but if I didn't, I didn't notice any pain at all.

3. I did my standard workout the day of and experienced no issues. I also didn't eat until 2 pm, which is normal for me. No issues.

4. A few days later I was doing my workout again and noticed the soreness had also moved into my forearm, but it only affected the nun-chuck part of my workout, so it was a specific movement that uncovered it.

5. I never got sick at all, no fever, no nothing.

Looking forward to my second dose.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 08:08 AM   #75
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 28i xDrive

Three out of four of us got our first shot on Saturday. My wife got the Pfizer and our younger daughter (student/grocery worker) and I both got the Moderna. Just have to wait for things to open up for the last kid to get theirs and our household will be set.

Same general side effects for all of us with varying degrees of soreness. I would say the soreness was less than a flu shot.
      03-22-2021, 08:24 AM   #76
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
Update your brain to Windows 365, it will get rid of that problem
Maybe that "chip" will be included in the second shot.
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2021, 08:27 AM   #77
Alfisti
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

I've been bagging you Americans for the way you handled the virus itself but god dam you're animals with the vaccine roll out, astonishing. Kudos.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #78
NoMoreVauxhalls
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M Sport

Had my first jab on Saturday morning - Oxford/Astra Zeneca. Very slight soreness in my arm, but that has disappeared this morning (Monday). So all good.

I was mildly concerned before having it as I'd heard that people who recently had covid-19 were having bad reactions to the vaccine shots, but that certainly wasn't the case for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 08:50 AM   #79
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Maybe that "chip" will be included in the second shot.
If the person administering the shot don't shake the vial thoroughly before drawing up the vaccine, all the chips sink to the bottom and you dont get any.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi10539.00
      03-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #80
jsf721
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Most of the places are shaking up the Viles and preloading the syringes to be sure the dose counts are correct so there is no time for setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
If the person administering the shot don't shake the vial thoroughly before drawing up the vaccine, all the chips sink to the bottom and you dont get any.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #81
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
My parents, both in their 70s, received the Pfizer vaccine on the 9th and my mother has had bad cold symptoms that started on last Wednesday, also had bad headache the day after injection. My father has been totally fine. Both were impressed with the care they received.

I don't plan on taking it at this time. I would like to wait until it's been out longer but I totally understand if others would like to. Being young and healthy I feel I have more to lose from long term adverse reactions then the virus itself. I also believe my wife and I had the virus back in Jan. 2020, wouldn't mind getting an anti-bodies test but don't want to subject myself being in a Dr's office. My body never tolerates any type of vaccine so I'm hesitant. I usually get just as sick as the actual illness, flu shots included. I once had the TDAP shot and was sick for weeks after.
Iím with you on the mRNA hesitation. Iíve been doing a lot of reading of medical literature and canít get comfortable with it. The long term consequences in a large population are unknown...thatís just a fact. I may end up getting the Johnson and Johnson. You can get an antibody test by mail, by the way, and many grocery stores offer them.
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2021, 12:58 PM   #82
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I got identified as a "first responder" so got in a few weeks ago for Pfizer. Shot on Thursday at 3:45pm. 15 minutes, no issues. Drove off the site, maybe 5 minutes and got SMACKED in the middle of my forehead with a headache. Went home, complained to wife, she took me for sushi/sake, headache gone. At bedtime, my arm was sore. Next day, was a little painful until a coworker slapped me after a joke. O M G!!!! Saturday I had to work in the yard, so things were fine.
Good Friday I get my second.

I'm curious, will we move to Mark of the Beast, or Scarlet Letter in terms of identifying who has had it and who hasn't?

Wife got Moderna yesterday. Some family member wrote her a letter that she was a care-giver or something. We both need it because Copper Canyon in September, I'm pretty sure international flights will require some sort of proof.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 03:05 PM   #83
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
I got my first shot of Moderna. No major issue. Just general fatigue. Sore shoulder socket. Felt like I just did 20 pull ups with one arm. It's been 3 days and I have not turned into a zombie. I have no appetite for human brain.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #84
TiMSport
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I got identified as a "first responder" so got in a few weeks ago for Pfizer. Shot on Thursday at 3:45pm. 15 minutes, no issues. Drove off the site, maybe 5 minutes and got SMACKED in the middle of my forehead with a headache. Went home, complained to wife, she took me for sushi/sake, headache gone. At bedtime, my arm was sore. Next day, was a little painful until a coworker slapped me after a joke. O M G!!!! Saturday I had to work in the yard, so things were fine.
Good Friday I get my second.

I'm curious, will we move to Mark of the Beast, or Scarlet Letter in terms of identifying who has had it and who hasn't?

Wife got Moderna yesterday. Some family member wrote her a letter that she was a care-giver or something. We both need it because Copper Canyon in September, I'm pretty sure international flights will require some sort of proof.
Yeah I've been wondering about how this will all play out. I mean, how are people going to know whether others have been vaccinated or not? I can foresee problems coming as a result of people not trusting others whether they had in fact been vaccinated when they are without masks in public, particularly indoor.
      03-22-2021, 03:27 PM   #85
TiMSport
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
It's been 3 days and I have not turned into a zombie. I have no appetite for human brain.
Not YET anyway. Give it time. Think something along the lines of Manchurian Candidate.
      03-22-2021, 03:37 PM   #86
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yeah I've been wondering about how this will all play out. I mean, how are people going to know whether others have been vaccinated or not? I can foresee problems coming as a result of people not trusting others whether they had in fact been vaccinated when they are without masks in public, particularly indoor.
Well first, SAVE THE OFFICIAL CARD they give you when vaccinated. But the reality is the government is handing out a simple paper-based card with hand-written date and vaccine information that is EASILY forged! I suppose at some point airlines, cruises, other countries you're traveling to etc will want something better than that. Not sure how that is going to happen other than the provider (doctor, pharmacy etc) will have to provide information to the CDC or some other agency to provide "official" proof via some secure app or something of that sort. For now it's a typical government shit show.. Or of course we could all get tattoos!!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer30247.50
      03-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #87
RugbyBro
Major
Rep
Drives: M4

First shot down (Pfizer)

Just felt a little tired for around the 24 hours afterward. Shoulder was a little stiff, but it didn't stop me from hitting a shoulder workout
      03-22-2021, 03:48 PM   #88
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
It's been 3 days and I have not turned into a zombie. I have no appetite for human brain.
Not YET anyway. Give it time. Think something along the lines of Manchurian Candidate.
Maybe it will happen when there's a full moon. Keep some silver handy. Wait, that's for some other mythological legend. lol
Appreciate 0