New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

12-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #199
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
True and that's the way I took it, but the Bears are a mess. The Off Coors. recently leaked disparaging remarks to NFL network. Then had to apologize to the team when he was caught.

I would not trade places with that mess.
Personally, I'd trade places with Jay Cutler. His wife is banging hot
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #200
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Personally, I'd trade places with Jay Cutler. His wife is banging hot
Cutler yes, Bears fan no. Although not sure I'd want to deal with the diabetes.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 04:09 PM   #201
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Cutler yes, Bears fan no. Although not sure I'd want to deal with the diabetes.
no risks of diabetes here...

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #202
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

not one niner fan in here since yesterday... yikes.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #203
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
I'll bite.

Actually thought it was a good game. Lots of poor/suspect calls by the officials.

49ers lost any chance to win that game when Hyde went out.
Again Kaepernick was erratic in his ball placement.

Now that the season is older, they can play some young guys more and I can start the draft position watch.

It will be an interesting off season in Santa Clara.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 01:01 AM   #204
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

The roughing passer call on moody was garbage and there's no arguing that. But I'm pretty impressed with the fight in our team.

The Hawks are clearly the better team. We had 14 starters out and more leaving during the game. We could have rolled over and let you guys score 60 but we kept clawing. The Hawks are peaking at the right time.

I seriously think our rivalry is amazing but that hatred seems to have subsided. Should be an interesting playoffs and offseason in the NFC west once again

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #205
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

I thought the 9ers played well, certainly better than they have in many weeks. I also think the Hawks were looking past them to the Ariz showdown this week. The halftime adjustment was simply acknowledging that they were in a fight and that they better show up. What you saw in the 2nd 1/2 was the actual team where they only allowed 69yds of total offense.

Yes, that roughing the passer call was pure BS but it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. It did remind of the LEGAL hits that Kam Chancellor has leveled over the years (including Vernon Davis) and was flagged for. The game is moving faster with every passing year and relying on these geriatric refs to see it in real time is ludicrous. The Hawks last loss was to the Chiefs over a non call that would have put them at 1st and goal @ the 1/2 yard line. Then the NFL had the gall to admit they were wrong 2 days later.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #206
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

49ers defense played reasonably well all season. But dat offense tho
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #207
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
I thought the 9ers played well, certainly better than they have in many weeks. I also think the Hawks were looking past them to the Ariz showdown this week. The halftime adjustment was simply acknowledging that they were in a fight and that they better show up. What you saw in the 2nd 1/2 was the actual team where they only allowed 69yds of total offense.

Yes, that roughing the passer call was pure BS but it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. It did remind of the LEGAL hits that Kam Chancellor has leveled over the years (including Vernon Davis) and was flagged for. The game is moving faster with every passing year and relying on these geriatric refs to see it in real time is ludicrous. The Hawks last loss was to the Chiefs over a non call that would have put them at 1st and goal @ the 1/2 yard line. Then the NFL had the gall to admit they were wrong 2 days later.
Also the unnecessary roughness on hitting that Seahawk receiver that was still in bounds. Troy Aikman had the nerve to say it was a good call even though it was the wrong call (concussion much?) The same drive another nonsense call on the hit on Richardson. How many steps does a receiver need to make before he isn't defenseless.
Tired of seeing midgets get calls because they duck when a hit is coming. Nothing to do about it except only draft 5'6" players.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #208
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

Sorry One, I can't agree on Baldwin getting hit 3yds out of bounds. That was a good call. The Richardson call was a little ify, but for the record he's 6ft not 5'6
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #209
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I didn't see those calls because I was driving to work. The radio broadcast did say it was a bad call but anyway the games over. On a side note I love how carroll praised harbaugh saying that he made the Hawks better.

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #210
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry One, I can't agree on Baldwin getting hit 3yds out of bounds. That was a good call. The Richardson call was a little ify, but for the record he's 6ft not 5'6
I was just exaggerating. Less a comment on Richardson, more a league rant.

Totally disagree on Baldwin. Until you land out of bounds, you are in bounds. How many times has a player stuck his arm out over the pylon while in the air out of bounds. Its pretty cut and dry. Especially since they didn't call it the other way. Carlos Hyde was hit out of bounds after his 30 yard run and all they called was an illegal block against the 49ers (that was a good call.

Inconsistent garbage refereeing. Give me a ref who consistently calls the same thing vs the ref who is completely arbitrary.

Still think Seattle wins the game. More my aggravation at NFL rules and refs than anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #211
Wraith.
Captain
Rep

The rivalry, though it took a couple of years for bay area fans to acknowledge there was one, made Seattle better. The 2 coaches have a long history and they simply don't like each other. From day one Carroll has been building a team that he thought could challenge Harbaugh's 9ers. I for one will be sad to see him go.

One, I agree. The refs piss me off to no end. I don't understand why these penalties can't be reviewed AND while the hell do they not have cameras on the goal line?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #212
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Had nothing to say yesterday.

Niners looked decent with a 7-3 lead going into the half but I knew it wasn't going to be good enough to win and that proved to be the case.

They looked pretty good in the 1st half because the offense was able to run the ball early behind Gore and Hyde, which led to their only score, and the defense held the Hawks to only a field goal in the 1st 1/2. That all changed in the 2nd 1/2 when both Gore and Hyde were injured and they had to rely on Kap's arm to try to win the game.

I was happy to see Kap running for gains a couple of times but, then again, when he had a clear lane and opportunity to run a couple of other times (which could have kept a drive going) he didn't or did too late, which resulted in tackle or sack. So, although he may have gotten the green light to run in this game, he was still indecisive in this regard. Kap's inability to read defenses and snap the ball quickly cost at least one unnecessary time out and, as for his arm, accuracy was a problem again. On one play, he missed a wide open receiver (Bolden, I believe) in the flat which could a resulted in a huge gain BUT he put much too much heat on the ball and threw the ball over the receiver's head by a foot or so.

The roughing the passer call on Moody was the killer. It was obviously a bad call but, when you can score and move the ball, bad calls usually don't matter. Despite the call, the Niners could muster no offense to come back and were scoreless in the 2nd 1/2. I think the announcers on CSN said that the Niners have averaged only 5 points!!! in the 2nd 1/2 in games all year. That's pretty pathetic but, even if they had scored 5 more points, it would not have won this game.

As it is, the Niners "could" end up in last place of the NFC West this year alone or tied w/the Rams with an 7-9 or 8-8 record. The Niners need to win both of their remaining games vs the Chargers and Cards to avoid that for certain. The way they've played recently, they may not be able to do that. However, I hope they do, so that they can at least end the season on a positive note leading into a "rebuilding" year next season.

Everyone in the media is saying that Harbaugh is "gone" next year. Don't know if it's going to be a self-fulling prophesy or not BUT whoever is the coach next year better be able to figure out how to fix what's wrong w/the Niners' offense or the Niners could very well end up in the basement of the NFC West and out of the playoffs again next year, if they don't.

Last edited by SSW; 12-15-2014 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #213
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^^^preach it brother

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #214
yakuza70
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i coupe

I am hoping the 49ers lose the last two games, especially to the Cards - higher draft picks and it will hurt the Seahawks chances to win the division.

Kaepernick needs some serious coaching help. It may already be too late. All a defense has to do on any 3rd down and longer than 5 is stop his first read as he immediately looks down at the pass rush (making it pretty much impossible to find another receiver), resulting in a sack or he goes off running.
      12-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #215
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The rivalry, though it took a couple of years for bay area fans to acknowledge there was one, made Seattle better. The 2 coaches have a long history and they simply don't like each other. From day one Carroll has been building a team that he thought could challenge Harbaugh's 9ers. I for one will be sad to see him go.

One, I agree. The refs piss me off to no end. I don't understand why these penalties can't be reviewed AND while the hell do they not have cameras on the goal line?
YES THIS. I am tired of hearing about how rich and powerful the NFL is and they can't fully staff cameras at every game. Pathetic. Every game should have the same coverage as the Sunday Night Game.

They would also be better served by dumping down and thinning out the rulebook. Its football not golf.

The only reason to get rid of Harbaugh is if the relationship is so toxic between himself and management it can't function (if that's the case blame goes all around) or if they know they have someone better ready to go (unlikely).

I am not interested in changing coaches now. I seen bad coaches and it can quickly turn the team into a mess. Most 49er fans will remember the debacle after Marriucci left. This staff has been to three straight NFC championships and one super bowl. If I'm the York's, I would sit done with Harbaugh and Balke hash it out and concentrate on what went wrong and how to fix it.

That being said I have no access to the inner workings and maybe lines have been crossed.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #216
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

whats funny is they think jim is the problem, and he isn't. it's kapernick.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #217
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Rarely is a coach THE problem when the team has been so successful under them.

It's dysfunctional and Jed York is new to running a team. All he needs to do is look across the bay to see how not to run a franchise.

You make a good point though. If Kaepernick progressed the way he needed to, this would not be a discussion and we would be talking about playoff seeding.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 05:55 AM   #218
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Rarely is a coach THE problem when the team has been so successful under them.

It's dysfunctional and Jed York is new to running a team. All he needs to do is look across the bay to see how not to run a franchise.

You make a good point though. If Kaepernick progressed the way he needed to, this would not be a discussion and we would be talking about playoff seeding.

I'm really curious to see how Kap does next season. Being that he got a very good head coach fired this year...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #219
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm really curious to see how Kap does next season. Being that he got a very good head coach fired this year...
That's a good question, but I would say Kap didn't save his coaches job this year.

Harbaugh has been described as a short termer since he was hired. He has a rep for being difficult to deal with (sort of like Parcels).
When you can't get a deal done after you go to the Super Bowl and three NFC championship games, it's more than this one season.
When you look at long term coaching regimes, its more than just winning. Ownership, management, and coaching all need to be able to function together. Kap has easily won enough to keep any coach from being fired unless there is something else going on.

Many of the teams issues (lack of WR production, wasting timeouts, slow to get plays off, and bad challenges) were there when Alex Smith was QB.

I agree Kap needs to improve, but no way is it all on him.

One last thing, the 49ers are kidding themselves if they think they are going to get a bounty by trading Harbaugh. He controls if the trade goes through and he is the type who will coach out his last year or force you to fire him before he cripples his future team by giving up high picks. I would love to get inside accounts of what really happened in the building.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #220
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
whats funny is they think jim is the problem, and he isn't. it's kapernick.
+1.