New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #639
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Quote:
If the Knicks get a good PG and some quality role players, they can be better than the Heat the next few years. Their pieces simply fit better than Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Lebron and Wade play best when they are not on the floor together.

You obviously don't watch the heat every game , only when they lay on espn or tnt. They are starting to play great with each other , they feed off of each other. Something they didn't do in the beggining of the year. Don't agree? Watch tonight's game.
      02-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #640
UCF 335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335i Sedan

You guys say you don't understand the trade but Krstic is a good player (Look back to when he played for the Nets) and Jeff Green > Nate Robinson. And they don't have to go through the troubles of paying Perkins next year as said above. Also there is a chance that Perkins knee isn't completely healed and they have questioned being able to completely rely on him throughout the playoffs. It really wasn't all the bad of a trade in my opinion.

Plus it helps the Magic cause Perkins is the only person I've ever seen completely shut down Howard every time they play.

The trade that made the least amount of sense to me was the Gerald Wallace trade. The bobcats traded away their best player even though they are in contention for the playoffs. Though Portland and OKC are gonna be the two teams to watch (other than the lakers) in the playoffs now.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #641
UCF 335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
Quote:
If the Knicks get a good PG and some quality role players, they can be better than the Heat the next few years. Their pieces simply fit better than Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Lebron and Wade play best when they are not on the floor together.

You obviously don't watch the heat every game , only when they lay on espn or tnt. They are starting to play great with each other , they feed off of each other. Something they didn't do in the beggining of the year. Don't agree? Watch tonight's game.
THEY haven't started playing well. Lebron has started playing well. He's single handedly carrying that team. Also I think you guys should have gone after Amare instead of Bosh in the first place because I think Bosh is HIGHLY overrated. He came from a team that he was the only player on the team and had to be the type of player he was and now people are realizing he isn't what they thought he was.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #642
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF 335 View Post
You guys say you don't understand the trade but Krstic is a good player (Look back to when he played for the Nets) and Jeff Green > Nate Robinson. And they don't have to go through the troubles of paying Perkins next year as said above. Also there is a chance that Perkins knee isn't completely healed and they have questioned being able to completely rely on him throughout the playoffs. It really wasn't all the bad of a trade in my opinion.
Kristic hasn't been the same since he got injured when he was with the Nets. It's not about Jeff Green > Robinson, it's about KPerk's impact on the court. He was their screener, enforcer, and big defender down low. KG doesn't defend the same way.

Quote:
Plus it helps the Magic cause Perkins is the only person I've ever seen completely shut down Howard every time they play.
yes.

Quote:
The trade that made the least amount of sense to me was the Gerald Wallace trade. The bobcats traded away their best player even though they are in contention for the playoffs. Though Portland and OKC are gonna be the two teams to watch (other than the lakers) in the playoffs now.
Portland to watch in the playoffs?

With a hobbled/almost done BRoy? A non-existent Oden? They just traded away Pryzbilla too.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #643
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post

Kobe has made tons of players better.

Smush Parker? Where is he now?
Brian Cook?
Mo Evans?
Ariza?
Kwame Brown?
etc. etc...
Didn't read the entire debate but this caught my eye. Thought it was funny that you included Brian Cook, Mo Evans, Kwame Brown in your list. Might as well include Samaki Walker, Adam Morrison, Mbenga, Chris Mihm, & Medvedenko. Can't say that Kobe really elevated their games that high.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #644
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Didn't read the entire debate but this caught my eye. Thought it was funny that you included Brian Cook, Mo Evans, Kwame Brown in your list. Might as well include Samaki Walker, Adam Morrison, Mbenga, Chris Mihm, & Medvedenko. Can't say that Kobe really elevated their games that high.
Chris Mihm was a starter with the Lakers, not so much other places, but that is due to injury.

Morrison didn't get any PT, how can you even mention him? Mbenga little PT.

Slava played a lot with the Lakers, not much so anywhere else. He was on the Shaq/Kobe Lakers so that's kind of a moot point. Same with Samaki.

I was referring to starters who played with Kobe and not Shaq.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #645
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF 335 View Post
THEY haven't started playing well. Lebron has started playing well. He's single handedly carrying that team. Also I think you guys should have gone after Amare instead of Bosh in the first place because I think Bosh is HIGHLY overrated. He came from a team that he was the only player on the team and had to be the type of player he was and now people are realizing he isn't what they thought he was.
I remember telling my friends last year during the playoff's that I wanted the heat to sign Amare. I knew he was better by a mile IMO , I argued that we needed a tough guy down low and a violent finisher at PF , which he is.

Mind you , I had no idea lebron was coming , I was just hoping for Wade to re-sign and Amare to come too. But , let me look at the glass half-full , I'll take a soft , sweet shooting PF over that pot head Beasley who didn't do shit for us. Wade carried the team last year (what a surprise).

And to the comment you said about lebron carrying the team , I'll have to disagree. Wade is doing plenty , trust me. I see them as 1A 1A , and that might be cause I've been a diehard wade fan since we drafted him. Regardless , when it's all said and done , I think wade will be the second or third best ever two guard to play the game. He really is that good.
      02-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #646
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I think the best thing Miami has done is start both players, sit one at around the 6 min mark, don't play them together again until the start of the 3rd and to end the game.

Bosh is a clear upgrade over what they had, but yes, Amare would have been a better fit.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #647
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think the best thing Miami has done is start both players, sit one at around the 6 min mark, don't play them together again until the start of the 3rd and to end the game.

Bosh is a clear upgrade over what they had, but yes, Amare would have been a better fit.
Agree with the Amare part. Just thought of something interesting , say amare came to the heat , I don't think he would have taken the number three roll like bosh did. I feel he needs to be a number one or two.
      02-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #648
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
I was referring to starters who played with Kobe and not Shaq.
If that's the case, one name comes in mind...Vladimir Radmanovic. His best years were in Seattle and even the Clipps before the Lakers.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #649
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
If that's the case, one name comes in mind...Vladimir Radmanovic. His best years were in Seattle and even the Clipps before the Lakers.
Exception != rule

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #650
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thunder with 2 defensively dominating big men.. hmmm....

Can't believe Celtics traded away the anchor of the team. Now Shaq has to be really healthy to bang with Howard and other Center in the league. Celtics is just dumping their whole bench. Erden, Daniel, Robinson, Perkin, Luke.. Terrible move for the Celtics. They already had a solid lineup before the trade that was definitely a championship contender.

Last edited by Inspired; 02-24-2011 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #651
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Bullsss
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #652
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

I can't believe anyone can think that Knicks are suddenly couple of role players away from being a serious contender. They have 2 stars who do nothing other than score. They don't rebound, hell they don't play defense at all. Especially with D Antonio's style, Knicks have no chance. Yes they will win 50-55 games next year depending on the role players they will add over the summer, but they need guys like Perkins to be real contender. There is no way to win a playoff series against Miami, Boston and Chicago without being a decent defensive team. Ans this is where Knicks suck...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #653
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Bulls Bulls Bulls!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 12:07 AM   #654
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

yeah, new york fucked up big time. this new-look nuggets team is pretty legit. can't wait until they get more practice time together
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #655
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I think ppl said the knicks need to grab another big star and then role-players. With chauncys expiring, it is possible.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #656
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

too bad baron won't be in cleveland until saturday lol
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #657
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
yeah, new york fucked up big time. this new-look nuggets team is pretty legit. can't wait until they get more practice time together
I just want to wrap my head around what is being said here... The knicks sucked with Gallo, Chandler, Felton, Mozgov.. But the Nuggets are legit with those players Nene and some bench stars?

Unbelievable how blinded by bias some of these comments are... D'Antoni is the problem. Can't we all just agree on that. Getting Anthony was a great move. What we are capable of doing after the trade remains to be seen. Anything people want to say right now is premature.
      02-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #658
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Unbelievable how blinded by bias some of these comments are... D'Antoni is the problem. Can't we all just agree on that. Getting Anthony was a great move. What we are capable of doing after the trade remains to be seen. Anything people want to say right now is premature.
+1. It's like I'm watching Sportscenter "analysis" in this thread
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #659
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Knicks are still not as good as the Celts, Heat and Bulls

Thunder just got REALLY EFFING GOOD

Utah's GM does the best job at getting back what he lost so i anticipate the Jazz STILL making the playoffs this year and then going out and finding another elite player next year

Nets are always going to be junk

Pheonix loved getting Brooks

Rockets traded, but it appears they may have gotten a bit worse. looks like they are putting pieces to the puzzle together and waiting for Yao to finally fall off the planet and using their picks. at this point, they have to play @ .600 to even make the playoffs. setting up for next year.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #660
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep

I think one of the best trades that happened was the gerald wallace trade to portland. That is an already pretty solid team.