New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #617
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Which hasn't, and I don't believe will work. D'Antoni needs to go next
I don't disagree, at all. Nothing we can do about it right now. But, this franchise has shown that it is prepared to do whatever it takes to win a championship.
      02-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #618
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:
Which hasn't, and I don't believe will work. D'Antoni needs to go next
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #619
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Got any good Isiah Thomas pics? Cuz he's next casualty on my NYK 10 step program
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #620
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Got any good Isiah Thomas pics? Cuz he's next casualty on my NYK 10 step program
IT came into the conversation. Time for me to go to sleep.
      02-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #621
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
Vintage Kobe down the stretch
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #622
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Heat and bulls tonight will be a good game. Bulls pulling a back to back and bad loss to Toronto. They should come out hungry.
      02-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #623
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Sending my parents to the Knicks vs Heat game. They haven't been to a basketball game since the John Starks and Anthony Mason.

Last edited by NYCGP; 02-24-2011 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #624
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
Heat and bulls tonight will be a good game. Bulls pulling a back to back and bad loss to Toronto. They should come out hungry.
I hope Thibodeau will light a fire under their ass after that pathetic defensive effort...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #625
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

First of all, I am not a fan of any team, or any specific player. I am just a crazy NBA fan who has been closely following NBA for 20 years. Each year, I only miss handful of games during regular season, and never miss a playoff game

A few facts:

- Melo trade : Whoever thinks that this was a bad trade or even a questionable trade for Knicks does NOT know anything about basketball. If you look at the history, each year the team that won championship had at least one but in most cases 2 super starts. MJ-Pipen, Shaq-Kobe, Tim Duncan-David Robinson, Kobe-Gasol, Celtics big 3, D Wade-Shaq, Tim Duncan-Ginobili-Parker...

The only exception I can think of is 2004 champions Pistons. They had good players (C Billups, R Hamilton, R Wallace, T Prince) but none of them will make NBA all time 50-60 list.

So, are Knicks are contender now? Off course not. But there were not either before the trade. But they are in much better condition now, and if they can add couple of decent role player in summer, they will be 55 game team next year, and will be able to go deeper in playoffs.

- Who is the best player in the league now? The answer is a no brainer. LJ is the best player in the world by far. Second (D Wade) and third (Kobe, K Durant, Rose, Nowitzki, Melo, D Howard, Deron Williams...) are far away. Although his numbers are pretty good in all categories, they don't justify how much his impact is. You put him on any shitty team in the league (Washington, Cleveland, Toronto, Nets, Minnesota, Sacramento, Clips...), that team suddenly becomes a playoff team (of course at the beginning of the season). You put Kobe in any of those teams, they still would remain as lottery team. If you want proof, just look at Cleveland. Their turn around is probably the worst in the history. Anyone remembers Lakers after Shaq was gone until Gasol arrived??? 30-40 win seasons, no playoffs, or eliminations in first rounds...

- Which teams have decent chance to win this year ? Well, the west has gotten so weak after the recent trades, the first round will be not worth watching (I will still watch though ). My pick is Spurs since they don't rely on a single player to have a good game to win. Dallas has no chance if Nowitzki does not dominate. Oklahoma needs couple more years. The Lakers are not good enough. Last year, they barely made it. They could have lost at first round against Oklahoma, or at western finals against Suns. And the game 7 of finals were decided in the last minute of the game. This year, they are 1 year older, Kobe has more miles on his knees. Although he can turn it up from time to time, his game is no where near where it was last year. The proof is their poor record against elite teams. AND this year they will NOT have home court advantage. Also Artes who was a big factor last year lost his motivation this year. So my money is on Spurs.

In east, it is going to be between Miami and Boston. Although Boston won all 3 games against Miami, I still think it be decided in 7th game, and the team with home court advantage will win. But I am sure that no matter what happens this year, Miami will be the team for the next 6-8 years with at least 3-4 championships.

Just my .02c...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #626
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
You sound like a BSPN writer lol
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #627
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
First of all, I am not a fan of any team, or any specific player. I am just a crazy NBA fan who has been closely following NBA for 20 years. Each year, I only miss handful of games during regular season, and never miss a playoff game

A few facts:

- Melo trade : Whoever thinks that this was a bad trade or even a questionable trade for Knicks does NOT know anything about basketball. If you look at the history, each year the team that won championship had at least one but in most cases 2 super starts. MJ-Pipen, Shaq-Kobe, Tim Duncan-David Robinson, Kobe-Gasol, Celtics big 3, D Wade-Shaq, Tim Duncan-Ginobili-Parker...
Agree but I wouldn't go far as saying they do not know anything about basketball. You are a bit pretentious.

Quote:
The only exception I can think of is 2004 champions Pistons. They had good players (C Billups, R Hamilton, R Wallace, T Prince) but none of them will make NBA all time 50-60 list.
4 All-Stars that year, great coach, and everything came together for them at the right time.

[uote]So, are Knicks are contender now? Off course not. But there were not either before the trade. But they are in much better condition now, and if they can add couple of decent role player in summer, they will be 55 game team next year, and will be able to go deeper in playoffs.[/quote]

55 win team? I doubt it unless they add some pieces.

Quote:
- Who is the best player in the league now? The answer is a no brainer. LJ is the best player in the world by far. Second (D Wade) and third (Kobe, K Durant, Rose, Nowitzki, Melo, D Howard, Deron Williams...) are far away. Although his numbers are pretty good in all categories, they don't justify how much his impact is. You put him on any shitty team in the league (Washington, Cleveland, Toronto, Nets, Minnesota, Sacramento, Clips...), that team suddenly becomes a playoff team (of course at the beginning of the season). You put Kobe in any of those teams, they still would remain as lottery team. If you want proof, just look at Cleveland. Their turn around is probably the worst in the history. Anyone remembers Lakers after Shaq was gone until Gasol arrived??? 30-40 win seasons, no playoffs, or eliminations in first rounds...
Really? The Lakers missed the playoffs once. Lebron had a very good supporting cast in Cleveland and great defense. They also had to face a lot worse teams in the East. The East has sub .500 teams in the playoffs every year, while the West, was pretty tough. There were tons of over .500 teams that miss t he playoffs every year.

Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Odom, Mihm, etc in your starting lineup. You really think Lebron would have made the playoffs in the WEST with that lineup? The Lakers were one rebound away from beating the stacked Suns that year in the 1st round.

Lebron does not close out games and boosts his stats by taking selective shots at the end of the games. He relies on athletic ability. He is a beast but no where a closer as the other guys on the list, that includes Wade.

Quote:
- Which teams have decent chance to win this year ? Well, the west has gotten so weak after the recent trades, the first round will be not worth watching (I will still watch though ). My pick is Spurs since they don't rely on a single player to have a good game to win. Dallas has no chance if Nowitzki does not dominate. Oklahoma needs couple more years. The Lakers are not good enough. Last year, they barely made it. They could have lost at first round against Oklahoma, or at western finals against Suns. And the game 7 of finals were decided in the last minute of the game. This year, they are 1 year older, Kobe has more miles on his knees. Although he can turn it up from time to time, his game is no where near where it was last year. The proof is their poor record against elite teams. AND this year they will NOT have home court advantage. Also Artes who was a big factor last year lost his motivation this year. So my money is on Spurs.
The Lakers still won last year, period. The Spurs question is whether they can win that style in the playoffs. They rely a lot on 3 point shooting and the game slows down in the playoffs. Who will come through in the clutch for the Spurs in the playoffs? Parker? An older Ginobili?

Quote:
In east, it is going to be between Miami and Boston. Although Boston won all 3 games against Miami, I still think it be decided in 7th game, and the team with home court advantage will win. But I am sure that no matter what happens this year, Miami will be the team for the next 6-8 years with at least 3-4 championships.
Boston in 6 against Miami. I don't think home court will even matter. If the Knicks get a good PG and some quality role players, they can be better than the Heat the next few years. Their pieces simply fit better than Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Lebron and Wade play best when they are not on the floor together.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #628
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
wow Boston traded Perk/Nate Robinson for Jeff Green/Kristic. Don't know what they are thinking. Both Oneals are injury plagued and old.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #629
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
WoT
i feel like i've read this, verbatim, before

anyway, holy shit @ some of these trades going down today
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #630
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
As you'd expect, Celtics vets are livid over trade of Kendrick Perkins, sources say. He's the tough guy, enforcer. But BOS can't pay him.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #631
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
As you'd expect, Celtics vets are livid over trade of Kendrick Perkins, sources say. He's the tough guy, enforcer. But BOS can't pay him.
....Ok, can we all agree getting rid of Perkins was retarded? I don't understand.
      02-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #632
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
They couldn't resign him next year but to get rid of him now is ridic. He is a key in a few big areas.

Defensive monster, he was their bulk in the middle. Great pick and roll defense. Also great screens for Ray Allen. Absolutely fantastic and great role player.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #633
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
They couldn't resign him next year but to get rid of him now is ridic. He is a key in a few big areas.

Defensive monster, he was their bulk in the middle. Great pick and roll defense. Also great screens for Ray Allen. Absolutely fantastic and great role player.
So you can't pay him next year? What is more important? Losing his value next year when you are forced to cut him/trade him for peanuts and have a shot at winning a title... or Trade him and get the most you can in a trade now..

I don't get it. Not the decision I would make but.. to each their own.
      02-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #634
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
So you can't pay him next year? What is more important? Losing his value next year when you are forced to cut him/trade him for peanuts and have a shot at winning a title... or Trade him and get the most you can in a trade now..

I don't get it. Not the decision I would make but.. to each their own.
I totally agree.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #635
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep

This Celtic trade doesn't make any sense at all. If they are relying on old Shaq to do what Perkins has done, they are dreaming.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #636
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep

After Celtic trade, my money id on Miami in game 7
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #637
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Agree but I wouldn't go far as saying they do not know anything about basketball. You are a bit pretentious.
OK. Maybe my words were a little harsh. I take it back

Quote:
55 win team? I doubt it unless they add some pieces.

Than's exactly what I said. They need add some decent role players in summer.

Quote:
Really? The Lakers missed the playoffs once. Lebron had a very good supporting cast in Cleveland and great defense. They also had to face a lot worse teams in the East. The East has sub .500 teams in the playoffs every year, while the West, was pretty tough. There were tons of over .500 teams that miss t he playoffs every year.
Are you kidding me with this "Lebron had a very good supporting cast in Cleveland"???. Knicks supporting cast around Amare before Melo trade was 100 times better than LJ's supporting cast. Do you really think that Kobe would have accomplished more if he were in Cleveland???

Quote:
Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Odom, Mihm, etc in your starting lineup. You really think Lebron would have made the playoffs in the WEST with that lineup? The Lakers were one rebound away from beating the stacked Suns that year in the 1st round.
What separates LJ like MJ from others is that they both make people around them better. Although I agree with u Kobe being a better closer than LJ, he is no where close to LJ in terms of making other players better.

Quote:
If the Knicks get a good PG and some quality role players, they can be better than the Heat the next few years. Their pieces simply fit better than Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Lebron and Wade play best when they are not on the floor together.
Do you really believe this???
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #638
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Are you kidding me with this "Lebron had a very good supporting cast in Cleveland"???. Knicks supporting cast around Amare before Melo trade was 100 times better than LJ's supporting cast. Do you really think that Kobe would have accomplished more if he were in Cleveland???
He single handedly almost beat the stacked Suns, yes. Cleveland's starting 5 was much better than Kobe's starting 5.

Quote:
What separates LJ like MJ from others is that they both make people around them better. Although I agree with u Kobe being a better closer than LJ, he is no where close to LJ in terms of making other players better.
Kobe has made tons of players better. Gasol was a one time all-star before coming to the Lakers. Now many consider him the best PF or one of the best PFs in the game (see media).

Smush Parker? Where is he now?
Brian Cook?
Mo Evans?
Ariza?
Kwame Brown?
etc. etc...

Quote:
Do you really believe this???
re: Knicks. Yes, a PG, SF, PF with an inside out game is a better fit than a SG/SF that are both slashers, who cannot shoot well, and a jump shooting big man.

Appreciate 0