New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

01-26-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
EandS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 s35i

Stock Market Quotes on Control Display Screen

Sorry if this is old information for North American Z4 owners, but I was very pleasantly surprised to accidently discover today that stock market quotes are displayed beside the record (track) symbol on the Control Display Screen when listening to CNBC on Sirius satellite channel 129. It's not a continuously flowing ticker, but it does show key stocks, major indices, T-bills and such constantly updated on a 20 minute delayed basis. None of our other vehicles (Ford truck, and Cadillac XLR's, Escalades and CTS) with satellite reception and display screens has ever shown this. Indeed, very pleased to discover it and thought some of the other forum participants might be interested to know about it.

Best regards,
Ed

Last edited by EandS; 01-26-2010 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
Stick Shift
Private
Rep
Drives: too fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EandS View Post
Sorry if this is old information for North American Z4 owners, but I was very pleasantly surprised to accidently discover today that stock market quotes are displayed beside the record (track) symbol on the Control Display Screen when listening to CNBC on Sirius satellite channel 129. It's not a continuously flowing ticker, but it does show key stocks, major indices, T-bills and such constantly updated on a 20 minute delayed basis. None of our other vehicles (Ford truck, and Cadillac XLR's, Escalades and CTS) with satellite reception and display screens has ever shown this. Indeed, very pleased to discover it and thought some of the other forum participants might be interested to know about it.

Best regards,
Ed
The CNBC stock ticker info should display on any Sirius receiver. The same info is displayed on the radio in my '08 Ford Expedition. My '08 Porsche doesn't have satellite radio; it wasn't an option until '09.
      01-27-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
EandS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 s35i

Stick Shift,

Thanks for the feedback! Did some more investigating after seeing your response and discovered that CNBC on the Cadillacs is channel 127 XM which does not display the quote information. On the truck, which has Sirius, the digital display is for the entertainment system - not a nav screen. Learned that if the text button is pressed repeatedly the quotes will appear momentarily, but the display quickly reverts to just the channel name - really not useful.

Just very glad the nav screen on the Z4 shows the information the way it does - been wanting that and didn't know it was available.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Ed
Appreciate 0