New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #133
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregrobin View Post
Minnesota Vikings fan here, gonna bet yet another painful season
So, hoping to sneak into WC and then lose in the first round, AGAIN?

I gotta get some package on my TV so I can see these games on the west coast (or not)

Been a fan since Fran the Man and the Purple People Eaters (original version)
Appreciate 1
Gregrobin578.00
      09-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #134
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

A few takeaways from the weekend.

Giants need to move on from jones this offseason. Need to also see what kind of return they can get for barkley, engram and whatever else they have of value. Im not sure if they have anything else though. Barkley is good, but not good enough to do anything when hes constantly getting hit in the backfield. Need a complete rebuild starting in the trenches.

WFT screwed without Fitz

Eagles looked good, but im not sure if its cause the Falcons are trash or the Eagles offense is just that good. Hurts looked like his college self Sunday though.

Wilson/Lawerence/Mac Jones will be good, they just need some more games under their belt. Mac Jones and the Patriots could end up sneaking in to the wildcard. I think Wilson ends up with the better overall season than Lawerence because Jets seem to be more of a complete team than Jax. Jax has no defense and seems to be a couple good drafts away from a good team.

Josh Allen. I know its 1 game, but I couldnt help but think maybe last year was a fluke rather than the norm. Lets see how he does week 2.

Aaron Rodgers seems to be tanking the franchise out of spite. He was making uncharacteristic mistakes yesterday.

My Overreaction to Week 1 picks for the season are

NFC Div Winners - Bucs, Cards, Cowboys, Packers
NFC WC - Saints, Hawks, Eagles

AFC Div - Chiefs, Browns, Bills, Titans
AFC WC - Pats, Steelers, Chargers

SB - Bucs over Chiefs again

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
Gregrobin578.00
      09-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #135
Gregrobin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Been a fan since Fran the Man and the Purple People Eaters (original version)
Same here, painful, utterly painful
      09-13-2021, 02:09 PM   #136
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Falcons are garbage! Can't believe they still have Matt Ryan. Dude can't scramble an egg much less his feet.
Dallas went toe to toe with the BEST team in the NFL, period and essentially F'd themselves with 3 missed Kicks. I have ZERO doubts that barring injuries, we will be in the mix with any NFC Team.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 02:18 PM   #137
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

As a Falcon's fan it's been hard watching them for the past few years, they come out swinging but end up stumbling like a drunk girl on the weekend up in Buckhead. It's a good thing I moved back to Nashville, the Titans clearly looked on top of their game against the Cardinals...oops!
      09-13-2021, 03:06 PM   #138
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

It's week 1 guys.....these games mean nothing long term. Long time League experts (not ESPN type idiots) usually say it takes 5-6 weeks to really see what a team is going to be like. Let's see if anything changes next week.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #139
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
As a Falcon's fan it's been hard watching them for the past few years, they come out swinging but end up stumbling like a drunk girl on the weekend up in Buckhead. It's a good thing I moved back to Nashville, the Titans clearly looked on top of their game against the Cardinals...oops!
😅 That was funny.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 04:06 PM   #140
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Julio Jones didn't exactly get off to a great start for the Titans either, doh! Vrable didn't seem too pleased with Julio's unnecessary roughness penalty. Having said that, still pretty sure the Titans will do better than the pathetic Falcons.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 04:32 PM   #141
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
It's week 1 guys.....these games mean nothing long term. Long time League experts (not ESPN type idiots) usually say it takes 5-6 weeks to really see what a team is going to be like. Let's see if anything changes next week.
True. Really hopeful for the Browns this Season.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 05:08 PM   #142
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

As for the flop that was Green Bay's first game, I couldn't help but notice Rodgers had a man bun thing going on during his presser after the game. LOL. That in addition to his longer hair and full beard. I'm willing to bet his fiancée has rubbed off on him and he's not nearly as focused as he should be.
Appreciate 1
Gregrobin578.00
      09-13-2021, 06:24 PM   #143
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
As for the flop that was Green Bay's first game, I couldn't help but notice Rodgers had a man bun thing going on during his presser after the game. LOL. That in addition to his longer hair and full beard. I'm willing to bet his fiancée has rubbed off on him and he's not nearly as focused as he should be.
His hair was prolly why the defense was that pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 07:06 PM   #144
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

@F30lolz - as much as this hurts it's still hilarious.

Also, you know it's officially football season when Cowgirls fans start crawling out of the woodworks talking madness.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
lakefront560.50
F30lolz6798.50
      09-13-2021, 07:35 PM   #145
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Totally underrated WR Tyler Lockett. No one talks about him very much and in Seattle of course most eyes are focused on the freak athlete DK Metcalf but people had better look out for Lockett this season. He broke Seattle's reception record last season and I think this season will be even better. Two TDs to start the season is a good start.

I'm psyched about the Seahawks' revamped offense under former Ram OC Shane Waldron. I think they're going to fire on all cylinders and really open things up for RW.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 07:54 PM   #146
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Totally underrated WR Tyler Lockett. No one talks about him very much and in Seattle of course most eyes are focused on the freak athlete DK Metcalf but people had better look out for Lockett this season. He broke Seattle's reception record last season and I think this season will be even better. Two TDs to start the season is a good start.

I'm psyched about the Seahawks' revamped offense under former Ram OC Shane Waldron. I think they're going to fire on all cylinders and really open things up for RW.
Locketts a stud. You're right, it's hard not to oooo and ahhhh over Metcalf. Let's call it what it is - dudes a freak of nature and we've never seen something that big, that strong move that frickin' fast. I mean, Budah Baker still having nightmares of getting hawked by the man last year. You ain't a fooseball fan if you haven't seen that clip multiple times.

NFC is no joke. West coast swing especially. Getting past Seahawks, 49'ers, Rams (holy shit that couples vacation McVay took in Mexico to stalk - I mean, accidentally run into Stafford and wife paid off lol) and even the Cardinals. Brutal division. Rams had the number 1 defense last year and now they added the deep ball with their offensive weapons.

But this should be a very enjoyable and entertaining year. Freaks are everywhere on both sides of the ball.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12796.50
      09-13-2021, 08:01 PM   #147
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

I think one big reason Lockett doesn't get much attention is because he's a quiet, ultra professional dude that doesn't get caught up in who has the biggest dick contest among the league's receivers. He just goes about his business and before you know it, his numbers are incredible. I can't think of many better QB/WR combos than Wilson/Lockett. Their numbers are off the charts. Once Metcalf fully matures and adds even more to his route tree and gains more experience, he's going to be that much better as well.

Yeah that hawking of Budda Baker was awesome. I actually wished Baker was on the Seahawks considering he came out of UW.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:02 PM   #148
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

So hawks last place in division?
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      09-13-2021, 08:09 PM   #149
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
So hawks last place in division?
Hell no! I was waiting to hear your thoughts though. I think their win in Indy was a great start. I'm actually encouraged with their D because I was fairly confident they'd get things going on offense.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:36 PM   #150
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Well we did see a few big plays something that has been lacking a bit. Seems we need to take more shots on 2nd and short and so on. Carson had couple runs over 10 also.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:49 PM   #151
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post

Also, you know it's officially football season when Cowgirls fans start crawling out of the woodworks talking madness.
Now that’s funny. What’s going to be even funnier is when Heineken beats the Giants on Thursday. Softy Engram didn’t even practice today so most likely he’ll sit out. As for Dallas, Feb 1996 was a long time ago so no worries there. Sometimes being a realistic fan is hard. Daniel Jones isn’t a super bowl winning WB, let alone a playoff QB. Dak is a decent, good intangibles QB but not a great QB. Their D, along with Dak’s 2nd tier QB play, won’t lead them to the SB.

Lock that up.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:51 PM   #152
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Well we did see a few big plays something that has been lacking a bit. Seems we need to take more shots on 2nd and short and so on. Carson had couple runs over 10 also.
Yeah I think they will definitely open things up more and more as they get a few games under their belt. Carson did look good and he didn't have to work too hard. Just 20 carries I think. I want to see Alex Collins get some work as he looked really good in preseason. He's a different dude than the first time he played for the hawks. Rashad Penny needs to go.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #153
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yep. Involve Dissly also.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 08:54 PM   #154
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post

Now that’s funny. What’s going to be even funnier is when Heineken beats the Giants on Thursday. Softy Engram didn’t even practice today so most likely he’ll sit out. As for Dallas, Feb 1996 was a long time ago so no worries there. Sometimes being a realistic fan is hard. Daniel Jones isn’t a super bowl winning WB, let alone a playoff QB. Dak is a decent, good intangibles QB but not a great QB. Their D, along with Dak’s 2nd tier QB play, won’t lead them to the SB.

Lock that up.
Dak is good but I don't think he's Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahommes level good. Tier below but not on that god level tier.

These young QB's are something else though. Herbert, Murray, Lamar Jackson, Burrows, even Hurts over there in Philly looks like he could be special.
Appreciate 0