New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #67
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate . I know . But that was not my question .

"Copy and past my question from # 63" => The million dollar question is : What Merc did to make their PU so powerful ?

Challenge ? Tell me how ? When you know that the Mercs are 15-17 km/h faster on the straights , even without the Mercs Party-Mode ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's well known that the Ferrari's top speed came down after Max put it out that there was an oddity in the top speed performance but it appears there is a similar oddity with the W11's top speed.

So what are you trying to say, Merc's are cheating now?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #68
rcracin
Major
Rep

I don’t think you all quite understand that it’s a combination of car & engine. Look at RP before they copied Merc’s car. They couldnt consistently beat the midfield with a Merc PU. They’re still behind Mclaren even now.

Car & driver combo does it too. Put Max in a Merc along side Ham and Ham will win, plain and simple. Put Ham in the RB and Ham would win more than Max has been in the RB. A car is of no use without a proper driver.

Renault’s PU reliability has been pretty damn good last year and this year. RB would’ve been better off with Renault than Honda.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      07-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #69
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
So what are you trying to say, Merc's are cheating now?
Well mate . I find the Mercs huge performance is very suspicious .
Of course everything is alright for the FIA ...

On the other hand : Last year "The Ferrari Jet-Mode" was winning races , with unbelievable power and top-speeds ...
All this was reality , while the Ferrari was approved by the FIA ..
Till ....MAX came up with the whole Ferrari cheating !

2 weeks later the Ferrari's ran suddenly 20 km/h slower . Well mate , that was really strange . Even more strange is the fact that Ferrari is never punished by the FIA for the stolen victories and championship points by cheating !
By this the whole '2019 ranking was actually false !
Ferrari's money speaks ?

Regarding the Mercs "questionable" PU : Perhaps Toto can hide it in a better way ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      07-30-2020, 10:34 AM   #70
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Perez is self-isolating after having an inconclusive Covid-19 test. He'll be re-tested. If he can't go, either Vandoorne or Gutierrez would take his place.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/5...tly-isolating/
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
      07-30-2020, 10:39 AM   #71
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
I don’t think you all quite understand that it’s a combination of car & engine. Look at RP before they copied Merc’s car. They couldnt consistently beat the midfield with a Merc PU. They’re still behind Mclaren even now.

Car & driver combo does it too. Put Max in a Merc along side Ham and Ham will win, plain and simple. Put Ham in the RB and Ham would win more than Max has been in the RB. A car is of no use without a proper driver.

Renault’s PU reliability has been pretty damn good last year and this year. RB would’ve been better off with Renault than Honda.
What are you smoking mate ? I'm not so sure about your statement ..
I think It's more like : Put HAM in the 17 km/h slower RB-HONDA with huge balance issues and he will never see the podium again ..

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      07-30-2020, 10:42 AM   #72
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Perez is self-isolating after having an inconclusive Covid-19 test. He'll be re-tested. If he can't go, either Vandoorne or Gutierrez would take his place.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/5...tly-isolating/
Damn virus !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      07-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #73
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

guys Hamilton won with slower cars as well in his entire career.. there are many videos about it and you can check yourself.. even now when Bottas is looking on fire, Lewis finds a way to throw in 0.2-0.3 as well that Bottas couldnt find a way to do the same.. it was always like this.. take a closer look in Lewis' first season in F1.. he started his first season in F1 fighting against beloved 2 times champ Alonso.. even Alonso was telling what the heck you re doing with a rookie guy if you re trying to be a champ to Ron Dennis.. and we know the story afterwards..

Quote:
Well mate that's what RB-Honda actually did in the last 8 months (24/7) and during the winter stop in Japan !

The million dollar question is : What Merc did to make their PU so powerful while they were in full lockdown ?

Challenge ? Tell me how ? When you know that the Mercs are 15-17 km/h faster on the straights , even without the Mercs Party-Mode !

I'm not complaining . I'm just wondering ...
mate that questions answer is trying to be found by other manufacturers as well to do the same.. for me timing is not weird cause Merc' had an awful top speed in the past and one way or another they had to improve it.. in last 3 years Merc's were slow on speed traps and now they found a way to do it.. tracks like Baku was like a nightmare for them.. i recommend you watching Merc's engine development videos from Youtube.. you feel that they re working hard on each detail that even public part that you see on videos is impressive.. generally success doesnt come over a night mate and you know it..

Last edited by yco; 07-30-2020 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 11:19 AM   #74
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Well mate . I find the Mercs huge performance is very suspicious .
Of course everything is alright for the FIA ...

On the other hand : Last year "The Ferrari Jet-Mode" was winning races , with unbelievable power and top-speeds ...
All this was reality , while the Ferrari was approved by the FIA ..
Till ....MAX came up with the whole Ferrari cheating !

2 weeks later the Ferrari's ran suddenly 20 km/h slower . Well mate , that was really strange . Even more strange is the fact that Ferrari is never punished by the FIA for the stolen victories and championship points by cheating !
By this the whole '2019 ranking was actually false !
Ferrari's money speaks ?

Regarding the Mercs "questionable" PU : Perhaps Toto can hide it in a better way ...
Okay Merc has been cheating since 2014 I guess?

They don't work hard or develop better car?
Sudden pace like Ferrari in 2019, then lack of pace in 2020 is suspicious, always leading the pack and continuing to develop the car for 6 years sounds more like hard work and out working other teams.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      07-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #75
rcracin
Major
Rep

Quote:
What are you smoking mate ? I'm not so sure about your statement ..
I think It's more like : Put HAM in the 17 km/h slower RB-HONDA with huge balance issues and he will never see the podium again ..
Haters will hate
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      07-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #76
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

It's not a question of hating, a word used so much on lesser forums. All we want are answers, you don't go 150hp more in a lockdown period.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #77
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

i highly recommend to watch this video to see this in an objective manner..
instead of hating, acknowledging the facts might be better option in life..
i never liked Schumi for example but he was bloody talented..

07-30-2020, 11:47 AM   #78
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=yco;26503345]i highly recommend to watch this video to see this in an objective manner..
instead of hating, acknowledging the facts might be better option in life..
i never liked Schumi for example but he was bloody talented..

Including the Glock '08 Brazilian let past I suppose, Hamilton doesn't mix it with the pack as the others have to now so makes it look easy, not hate but fact my friend.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2020, 12:02 PM   #79
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Including the Glock '08 Brazilian let past I suppose, Hamilton doesn't mix it with the pack as the others have to now so makes it look easy, not hate but fact my friend..
"I actually told the team on the radio that I wanted to come into the pits to change on to wet tyres but they answered that the pits were blocked and there was no chance to get in," he said. "We couldn't do anything about it and had to stay out on dry tyres. As it worked out, pitting would have made no sense because we would have lost even more time."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...on-motorsports ..

and i guess you havent seen this video my friend..
and 2007 Lewis lost 40 seconds of a transmission problem lost a championship in his rookie season on the same track.. karma..

07-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #80
rcracin
Major
Rep

Quote:
It's not a question of hating, a word used so much on lesser forums. All we want are answers, you don't go 150hp more in a lockdown period.
Did they increase in lockdown or was it already there in Barcelona but were sandbagging? Nobody knows. All I know is they havent been investigated by the FIA then mysteriously lost power
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 01:02 PM   #81
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Mercs power gains were not from the offseason. The irony it started when Ferrari was breaking the regs with their engine/power unit last season. Toto has said Merc's engine department was pushed to "new levels" starting mid last year. The grid can thank Ferrari for pushing Merc.

Quote:
Toto:

"It brought us to almost burnout last year, to develop and innovate in a way to be competitive on track."

"And here we go, I think we made a substantial jump in performance from 2019 to 2020. Because we needed to last year, and that is a little bit ironic for me."

Last edited by hellrotm; 07-30-2020 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #82
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=yco;26503479]"I actually told the team on the radio that I wanted to come into the pits to change on to wet tyres but they answered that the pits were blocked and there was no chance to get in," he said. "We couldn't do anything about it and had to stay out on dry tyres. As it worked out, pitting would have made no sense because we would have lost even more time."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...on-motorsports ..

and i guess you havent seen this video my friend..
and 2007 Lewis lost 40 seconds of a transmission problem lost a championship in his rookie season on the same track.. karma..

What I see is Glock easily letting an opponent past on the last bend of the last race and losing points for his team when normally would block (allowed one move) also was a good friend of Hamilton from GP2.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #83
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
What I see is Glock easily letting an opponent past on the last bend of the last race and losing points for his team when normally would block (allowed one move) also was a good friend of Hamilton from GP2.
What most see and everyone in the comments of that video, is someone not on rain tires struggling for traction on a wet/greasy track. You can see Glock at times at an almost crawl and still getting snap oversteer moments.

Like some commented, why did it take so long to get that in car video from Glock's car? It explains everything.

Last edited by hellrotm; 07-30-2020 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      07-30-2020, 01:27 PM   #84
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
"I actually told the team on the radio that I wanted to come into the pits to change on to wet tyres but they answered that the pits were blocked and there was no chance to get in," he said. "We couldn't do anything about it and had to stay out on dry tyres. As it worked out, pitting would have made no sense because we would have lost even more time."
Glock actually ended up gaining two positions not stopping for rain tires. The guy looked like he was driving on ice. Instead he gets wacko Ferrari fans saying he slowed down purposely.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      07-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #85
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Haters will hate
Negative mate . No hate here !
Respect for HAM's driver skills . But without the Mercs PU, Mercs DAS and Mercs wheel/tire cooling *Inventions* ect... He would be nowhere.

To be honest I feel some hate for Ferrari and Binotto, regarding the 2019 Ferrari strawberry smell !
Mate I love strawberry ice cream But as you know that's not cheating...

Appreciate 2
rcracin1238.00
M5Rick58879.50
      07-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #86
rcracin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Mercs power gains were not from the offseason. The irony it started when Ferrari was breaking the regs with their engine/power unit last season. Toto has said Merc's engine department was pushed to "new levels" starting mid last year. The grid can thank Ferrari for pushing Merc.
How do you know for a fact that their power gains weren’t from off season? They’ve been developing the 2020 package since summer 2019.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #87
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

bad news.. Perez is Covid19 positive...
this will risk a lot of people as well since there is a 2 week period prior..
      07-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #88
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
mate that questions answer is trying to be found by other manufacturers as well to do the same.. for me timing is not weird cause Merc' had an awful top speed in the past and one way or another they had to improve it.. in last 3 years Merc's were slow on speed traps and now they found a way to do it.. tracks like Baku was like a nightmare for them.. i recommend you watching Merc's engine development videos from Youtube.. you feel that they re working hard on each detail that even public part that you see on videos is impressive.. generally success doesnt come over a night mate and you know it..

Mate of course , Merc has found *IT*
As you know *IT* gives you a 20 km/h higher topspeed !

On the other hand : Ferrari found last year also something like a *IT*

Appreciate 1
yco5722.50