New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Exclamation "We Race As One" to F1 Civil War

its really ironic that the same season F1 says "we race as one", conflictions never stop.. since 12th of August is the last day to sign the new F1 deal with teams for next 5 years, things really started to heat up..

Racing Points case aside, last years Ferrari engine "tricks" kept secret somehow i guess first time in F1 history and FIA keeps favoring Ferrari clearly.. i do respect Ferrari's heritage and the brand itself but this FIA: Ferrari International Assistance thing started to get annoying.. F1 needs Ferrari but at the same time Ferrari needs F1 as well.. Ferrari's almost all advertising and branding is based on F1.. Ferrari doesnt need more money if the whole purpose is distributing F1's income better among all teams.. Toto Wolff is just standing against this but somehow no one backs up except Racing Point.. not in the video but in an older article Toto was saying team bosses tell different things behind close doors and different on press about the new concorde deal..

i really fed up with FIA's blurry decisions, keeping secrets and stuff..
i dont know if FIA wants to be constructive for all teams why not implementing rules like constructors finished in first 3 or only first should share some blueprints of some elements.. or why not giving more money to newer teams to help them develop their car or only to survive.. cause this really doesnt like we race as one at all..

please, lets talk about this aside whichever team we re supporting cheers..

MKSixer34171.50
      08-12-2020, 02:54 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

[QUOTE=yco;26552253]its really ironic that the same season F1 says "we race as one", conflictions never stop.. since 12th of August is the last day to sign the new F1 deal with teams for next 5 years, things really started to heat up..

Racing Points case aside, last years Ferrari engine "tricks" kept secret somehow i guess first time in F1 history and FIA keeps favoring Ferrari clearly.. i do respect Ferrari's heritage and the brand itself but this FIA: Ferrari International Assistance thing started to get annoying.. F1 needs Ferrari but at the same time Ferrari needs F1 as well.. Ferrari's almost all advertising and branding is based on F1.. Ferrari doesnt need more money if the whole purpose is distributing F1's income better among all teams.. Toto Wolff is just standing against this but somehow no one backs up except Racing Point.. not in the video but in an older article Toto was saying team bosses tell different things behind close doors and different on press about the new concorde deal..

i really fed up with FIA's blurry decisions, keeping secrets and stuff..
i dont know if FIA wants to be constructive for all teams why not implementing rules like constructors finished in first 3 or only first should share some blueprints of some elements.. or why not giving more money to newer teams to help them develop their car or only to survive.. cause this really doesnt like we race as one at all..

please, lets talk about this aside whichever team we re supporting cheers..

Damon hill has been saying previously that Merc and Ferrari should leave F1,they're actually strangling the sport and its just the money thats floating it.Its difficult to break stranglehold because there's so much money involved that things with those two are 'circumnavigated' in private when things like dubious increase in power and now political subject is involved to further concrete it over.
Im afraid it may be too big a nut to crack unless there is revolution and huge outcry, over to the fans.
Appreciate 3
yco5722.50
mk1fan3.00
      08-12-2020, 03:22 AM   #3
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Damon hill has been saying previously that Merc and Ferrari should leave F1,they're actually strangling the sport and its just the money thats floating it.
+1. F1 is dead, as far as actual racing goes; it's entirely just money and politics. I know a number of people who would be avid fans, but find the 'racing' (parade) so dull and the politics so offputting that they don't even bother watching. Myself included. Shame that the 'pinnacle of motorsport' has just been turned into a business rather than a sport. I hope someone or something can take it back to its roots, but with modern day safety.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 04:02 AM   #4
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
+1. F1 is dead, as far as actual racing goes; it's entirely just money and politics. I know a number of people who would be avid fans, but find the 'racing' (parade) so dull and the politics so offputting that they don't even bother watching. Myself included. Shame that the 'pinnacle of motorsport' has just been turned into a business rather than a sport. I hope someone or something can take it back to its roots, but with modern day safety.
but actually anything involves considerable amount of money turns into a business and in F1's case the money we re talking is really high.. you need investors, sponsors that trying make or keep a brand image, you need top-notch engineers each team has many employees, tons of suppliers that its inevitable not to turn it as a business.. actually i have no problem with teams making money or not etc. but FIA's steps are really bothers not only me and at the same time for keeping the grid tighter there need to be some different rules or approaches..

big teams like Merc', Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull doesnt have any financial problems.. why not transfering some information from them to smaller teams to save money and resources to make grid tighter each season.. big teams always find some time from here or there on the their cars.. so for me its the pinnacle of motorsport in techwise but favoring, inconsistent decisions, politics were in F1 before as well but needs to be solved already.. F1 is nothing without any teams running at the each race anyway..
      08-12-2020, 04:34 AM   #5
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Yes, racing is also business. But most series manage to keep the focus on racing, not on the business.

Funny that you mention engineer's salaries...working for F1 teams as an engineer is not the way to get rich
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 05:09 AM   #6
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Yes, racing is also business. But most series manage to keep the focus on racing, not on the business.

Funny that you mention engineer's salaries...working for F1 teams as an engineer is not the way to get rich
i didnt say engineers are earning like crazy but they do have salaries in the end and probably not lower than the market at all.. i ve said employees cause for instance Merc' F1 team has around 1500 people working for Merc' F1.. more than 1000 for Ferrari F1 team.. there are tons of companies that has lower amount of employees in this world than these numbers.. i do as well want to see closer racing not only for the front row actually for the entire grid..
      08-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #7
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

The first issue that should be addressed is the automatic additional payments to MB, Ferrari and Red Bull regardless of results. Ferrari will finish well down the constructors championship points but still in the top 2 for money collected from the FIA. I don't think the budget cap will work as it is almost impossible to police. Then I think it makes sense to decide on some items being used by all, maybe brakes, maybe the KERS, maybe the transmission. While many want it to be a free for all, watching a race where it is amazing someone besides MB wins is losing my interest. Now we have a 90% chance MB will win the next race with a small chance Verstappen can figure out a way? I think anyone else is highly unlikely.

I would also reduce the aero and increase the hp to make lap times similar but cars able to run closer together. If the lap time ends up a second slower in the future it doesn't bother me, I am mostly interested in a better race where the best driver has an increased chance of winning. I have no idea if Norris or Russel or whoever are the best drivers but they have zero chance of winning and the real race is between 2 drivers on the same team.
Bartledoo2690.00
      08-13-2020, 12:45 PM   #8
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

08-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #9
12v_dub
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' M340i