New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?
Yes, I am vaccinated (or soon plan to be). 183 74.39%
No, I am not vaccinated. 63 25.61%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

08-01-2021, 08:50 AM   #925
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Yes, I don't think it will ever go away thanks to the conspiracy floating around in the good old USA...

Never heard of there has been a report of a fully vaccinated death from the Δ variant but then again, I don't get my news from the internet let alone on a car forum
But there have been deaths from breakthrough infections. You just wont hear much, if any of this of this on corporate media.
Appreciate 1
JJ 911SC2750.50
      08-01-2021, 09:20 AM   #926
I3LaZeN
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3LaZeN View Post
Have you read the crap this website puts out? If I were you, I would be VERY embarrassed to post anything from there.

https://www.naturalnews.com/index.html#

"Natural News (formerly NewsTarget, which is now a separate sister site) is a far-right, anti-vaccination conspiracy theory and fake news website known for promoting alternative medicine, pseudoscience, and far-right extremism"

"The website sells various dietary supplements, promotes alternative medicine and climate change denial, makes tendentious nutrition and health claims, disseminates fake news, and espouses various conspiracy theories and pro-Donald Trump propaganda. These conspiracy theories include chemophobic claims about the purported dangers of "chemtrails", fluoridated drinking water, anti-perspirants, laundry detergent, monosodium glutamate, aspartame, and vaccines."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News?wprov=sfti1
: Good find.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 09:27 AM   #927
MsGoGoMoto
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
I got so sick from both Morerna shots, that I almost had to go to ER, both times. For now on, I'll take my chances with Covid. Almost forgot, both times my arm felt like I got run into by a M2 Competition.
Gd only knows what a good dose of covid would have done to you!
I prefer not to have the virus in my body. Period.
MY preference is to still mask up, with reason. I am getting tired of it though.

I've had client personnel say to me: "I've had COVID, and I came out ok." Conversation sometimes comes up when I mask up during close contact situations like reading 36x34 construction drawings or stepping onto an elevator with them. I remain professional and just say, "Oh, OK." I do feel like I am passively insulting them and being a buthole, make sure to tactfully let them know I'm just being safe.

I .. just… don't.. want.. it.

Last year's political climate was "interesting" and I almost didn't get vaccinated.. Hell, I missed my flu shot for the first time since 2007 because I got consumed with media and politicians .. All on me as I realized I was becoming a sheep and playing with medical advice that should have been coming from my physician. Consulted him, was hesitant, got the shots.

Do I feel like a guinea pig and think that there will be some side effects from it down the line? ….Not going to lie, it enters my mind at times. I just live on with my life and keep the peace. There is money to be made.. I love money and can't do a good job pulling it in while sick.
Appreciate 4
Littlebear3223.50
TiMSport8215.50
minn1910011.50
      08-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #928
Littlebear
Janitor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
But there have been deaths from breakthrough infections. You just wont hear much, if any of this of this on corporate media.
You have to get out more:

“We really thought we had beat Covid,” said Alex Morse, who arrived this spring as town manager. “We had internalized those messages, that life will be back to normal. We beat this. We are the most vaccinated community in the state.”

Front page.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/u...-cape-cod.html

Last edited by Littlebear; 08-01-2021 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 2
minn1910011.50
      08-01-2021, 10:01 AM   #929
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have you read the crap this website puts out? If I were you, I would be VERY embarrassed to post anything from there.

"Natural News (formerly NewsTarget, which is now a separate sister site) is a far-right, anti-vaccination conspiracy theory and fake news website known for promoting alternative medicine, pseudoscience, and far-right extremism"

"The website sells various dietary supplements, promotes alternative medicine and climate change denial, makes tendentious nutrition and health claims, disseminates fake news, and espouses various conspiracy theories and pro-Donald Trump propaganda. These conspiracy theories include chemophobic claims about the purported dangers of "chemtrails", fluoridated drinking water, anti-perspirants, laundry detergent, monosodium glutamate, aspartame, and vaccines."

Search what? Not natural news. I'm surprised there wasn't an article on there linking brushing your teeth to ovarian cysts. Hopefully you can do better in the future.
minn1910011.50
      08-01-2021, 10:29 AM   #930
I3LaZeN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Search what? Not natural news. I'm surprised there wasn't an article on there linking brushing your teeth to ovarian cysts. Hopefully you can do better in the future.
ahh relax.. getting so hyped over nothing.
i'm saying good research/find on the type of article/website it was. I wasnt aware of the type of site. Getting all crazy for no reason.
and it still has quotes from CDC btw.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #931
TiMSport
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Interesting commentary from an ICU doctor at UCLA Health

Thanh Neville, M.D., M.S.H.S., is an ICU physician and researcher at UCLA Health

“We can’t let COVID win.”

This was my colleague’s mantra when the pandemic started last year. And for the almost 18 months since, health care workers have rallied to the battlefields, even at times when we had no weapons to brandish.

We took care of the infected and the critically ill when no one else would. We reused N95 masks, carefully placing them in labeled brown paper bags in between shifts. We witnessed lonely deaths and held up iPads for families to say their heartbreaking goodbyes. We created elaborate backup schedules and neglected our personal lives. We stepped up during surges and when our colleagues fell ill. Camaraderie in the ICU had never been stronger because we recognized that this was a team effort and all of humanity was battling against a common enemy.

But as health care workers, we also were painfully aware of our own vulnerabilities. We can run out of ICU resources for our patients. We can run out of personal protective equipment for ourselves. We can be exposed on the job and get sick. And we can die — many of us did, more than 3,600 from COVID-19 in the first year.

Many of us quarantined away from our families to protect the ones we love. We counted the risk factors of our children, our elderly parents, our spouses, and came up with our own formulas to decide whether to come home at the end of the shift or hole up in a hotel room. One of our ICU directors wrote and rewrote our COVID-19 clinical guidelines to keep up with the evolving literature and somehow she carved out the time to write her own will.

I worked daily to adapt our end-of-life program to the changing needs and restrictions of the pandemic and signed up for a vaccine clinical trial as soon as one became available. I also updated my own advance directive and printed it out for my husband, just in case.

Then, effective vaccines became widely available in the U.S. — I briefly saw light at the end of the tunnel. The number of patients with COVID-19 in ICUs across the country plummeted. It looked like our sacrifices and commitment as health care workers had paid off. We believed herd immunity could become a reality and we could return to some sense of normalcy.

But the relief was short-lived, the hope was fleeting, and we are amid another surge. A surge that is fueled by a highly transmissible variant and those unvaccinated. My experiences in the ICU these past weeks have left me surprised, disheartened, but most of all, angry.

I am angry that the tragic scenes of prior surges are being played out yet again, but now with ICUs primarily filled with patients who have chosen not to be vaccinated. I am angry that it takes me over an hour to explain to an anti-vaxxer full of misinformation that intubation isn’t what “kills patients” and that their wish for chest compressions without intubation in the event of a respiratory arrest makes no sense. I am angry at those who refuse to wear “muzzles” when grocery shopping for half an hour a week, as I have been so-called “muzzled” for much of the past 18 months.

I cannot understand the simultaneous decision to not get vaccinated and the demand to end the restrictions imposed by a pandemic. I cannot help but recoil as if I’ve been slapped in the face when my ICU patient tells me they didn’t get vaccinated because they “just didn’t get around to it.” Although such individuals do not consider themselves anti-vaxxers, their inaction itself is a decision — a decision to not protect themselves or their families, to fill a precious ICU bed, to let new variants flourish, and to endanger the health care workers and immunosuppressed people around them. Their inaction is a decision to let this pandemic continue to rage.

And meanwhile, immunocompromised people, for whom vaccines don’t generate much immunity, are desperately waiting for herd immunity. I have no way to comfort my rightfully outraged transplant patients who contracted COVID-19 after isolating for over a year and getting fully vaccinated as soon as they could. With angry tears, these patients tell me it’s not fair that there are people who are choosing to endanger both themselves and the vulnerable people around them. They feel betrayed by their fellow citizens and they are bitter and angry. I cannot blame them.

I am at a loss to understand how anyone can look at these past months of the pandemic — more than 600,000 lives lost in the U.S. and more than 4 million worldwide — and not believe it’s real or take it seriously. But the unhappy truth is that there are people who do not. They did not in the beginning and many are doubling down now.

I thought when this pandemic began that we were all in this fight together, engaged in a war against a common enemy. Now, I painfully realize: Perhaps we were never on the same side and we never had a common enemy. Perhaps the war has been among ourselves all along. We have won many battles but unvaccinated America is choosing to let COVID win the war.

Thanh Neville, M.D., M.S.H.S., is an ICU physician and researcher at UCLA Health. She is also the medical director of the UCLA 3 Wishes Program (an end-of-life program in which clinicians elicit and implement final wishes for dying patients and their families). You can follow her on Twitter at @thanh_neville.
Littlebear3223.50
minn1910011.50
flybigjet3218.50
      08-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #932
I3LaZeN
Private
Rep

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRmvb...dium=copy_link
Appreciate 1
ASAP4381.50
      08-01-2021, 02:37 PM   #933
ASAP
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Cheapest M Car

Quote:
lol J and J was a shady option from the get go imho...
Appreciate 1
I3LaZeN41.00
      08-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #934
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Sadly, negativity sells in the US and the media latches on to it. People want to read stories of sadness, desperation, failure, loss, pain, death, etc. They don't want to read happy stories or anything positive.

CNN acts like COVID is going to kill us all and guilt shames anyone that isn't on the vaccine train. If you're not on board, you're an idiot and are careless. On the flip side, Fox News sells the idea that COVID is a hoax, a Chinese developed WMD, overhyped, and/or a CDC failure.

I prefer to get my news from various sources and those that don't lean hard to a particular side. I prefer the BBC, STAT News, The Lacent, and NPR.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3223.50
      08-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #935
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep

This is how Covid news should be reported.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/07/30/...what-it-hasnt/
Appreciate 2
sspade1068.50
      08-01-2021, 03:01 PM   #936
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Fauci: Amount of virus in breakthrough delta cases 'almost identical' to unvaccinated - https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...most-identical

I think we all need to go back to wearing a mask, preferably a kn9 5 and n95. And I think it's time we mandated vaccines, also.
      08-01-2021, 03:04 PM   #937
ASAP
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Cheapest M Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Sadly, negativity sells in the US and the media latches on to it. People want to read stories of sadness, desperation, failure, loss, pain, death, etc. They don't want to read happy stories or anything positive.

CNN acts like COVID is going to kill us all and guilt shames anyone that isn't on the vaccine train. If you're not on board, you're an idiot and are careless. On the flip side, Fox News sells the idea that COVID is a hoax, a Chinese developed WMD, overhyped, and/or a CDC failure.

I prefer to get my news from various sources and those that don't lean hard to a particular side. I prefer the BBC, STAT News, The Lacent, and NPR.
unm BBC leans very heavy left lmao
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 03:31 PM   #938
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post

unm BBC leans very heavy left lmao
What they report tends to agree with the other neutral sites I read. They seem pretty unbiased. The reporting is just a little different.
      08-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #939
Littlebear
Janitor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Has anyone seen current data regarding cases and deaths?....

By the way, I am vaccinated.
9 deaths in NYS yesterday
5 deaths in NYC yesterday

Both # are up, and we haven't seen above 10 deaths NYS in a while.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 08:32 PM   #940
rwheels
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

After a deep, deep search () I found someone had done the math. Clear as day!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-01-2021, 09:51 PM   #941
imOFP
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2c, Toyotas.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Pfizer and I’ll get another shot / booster if necessary. I expect we’ll need one every year.

FDA needs to give final / full approvals to take a reason away from anyone who hasn’t gotten it. Since not everyone gets the flu shot or immunized their kids, there will always be some who refuse it. I think final / full approval will help with those delaying but who ultimately know they should get it.
I am immunocompromised due to bone marrow failure and as a result have been told not to get the vaccine. I have decided against that advice that I will still get it and have scheduled to get it this week after a lot of deliberation. Based on studies (Johns Hopkins, 07-2021) there is only a 50% chance I will retain antibodies after my second shot. 20% chance after first shot. Maybe a waste of time, but I need the little fucking paper card to show proof so I can travel freely and do shit that requires an f'n proof of vaccination.

That being said.... I do not want it. I believe in vaccines, I have all of them - my kids have all of them, but I do not like the idea of getting the covid vaccine. I think there is too much back and forth (for boosters and non-emergency approval), and too much unknown to understand the potential for long term side effects. Side effects that may emerge at > 3 years. If any emerge at all. Given the number of vaccinated and the time delta of early adopters, I am feeling more comfortable as more time passes. Still don't want it. Shit, I don't even like taking over the counter medication. I try to avoid drugs because I have inhaled all sorts of other prescribed chemicals to just remain alive. My body is toast. I have still chosen to get it because while I am immunocompromised, I still have an "essential" role and work on site in close proximities to other people, many of which who are not vaccinated. I worry about the impact of contracting covid and passing it to one of my young children. Even with high survival rates I worry about the potential of passing it.

I have put A LOT of pharmaceuticals in my body due to my ailment and I mostly trust medicine - I find modern medicine to be very intriguing and often believe if I did not become an engineer I'd have become a doctor. I think there are risks for any drug, I have seen them first hand (rituxan anaphylaxis, a decade+ worth of prednisone use) and again decided to get this seemingly involuntary trial.

I don't like the fact that I feel I am required to get this drug (even as someone who is exempt at this time) in what feels like an extended trial. I invest in, and sometimes lose a lot of money, in a lot of biopharma stocks and see these trials last years, this vaccine feels like a shitty biopharma product that I am required to get or else I cannot resume living a normal life. That's what I don't like. I don't mind the mask - it hides my ugly mug . It's the feeling of forcing a not fully hashed out vaccine on people that I think bothers me.

All of this as a political apathetic-centrist. Also if you don't want it, good on you. I am glad you have the choice, I don't judge people for getting it or abstaining from it. "My body, my choice" right?

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

Last edited by imOFP; 08-01-2021 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: I quoted Rick because it perfectly summarizes one of the reasons for my hesitation... Full approval. Emphasis is my own
Appreciate 3
sspade1068.50
I3LaZeN41.00
      08-01-2021, 10:04 PM   #942
Cyn-BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI

Quote:
Fauci: Amount of virus in breakthrough delta cases 'almost identical' to unvaccinated - https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...most-identical

I think we all need to go back to wearing a mask, preferably a kn9 5 and n95. And I think it's time we mandated vaccines, also.
If masks worked so well, we still wouldn’t be wearing them 20 months later. They don’t work! They only way they could possibly work, is if we wore them 24/7, without exception. That’s impossible to do.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 10:09 PM   #943
TiMSport
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
If masks worked so well, we still wouldn’t be wearing them 20 months later. They don’t work! They only way they could possibly work, is if we wore them 24/7, without exception. That’s impossible to do.
Many people aren't wearing them now and look how the numbers have spiked. Yeah, I'd say they do work. They're not perfect but they certainly help.

The thing that has always bothered me is the notion that when eating at a crowded restaurant it's okay to remove said mask and eat/drink and somehow that moment in time you are magically immune to the virus. That's such a load of shit. Logically it makes zero sense. That is why I still don't do it.
imOFP167.00
Littlebear3223.50
minn1910011.50
      08-01-2021, 10:14 PM   #944
imOFP
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2c, Toyotas.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Many people aren't wearing them now and look how the numbers have spiked. Yeah, I'd say they do work. They're not perfect but they certainly help.

The thing that has always bothered me is the notion that when eating at a crowded restaurant it's okay to remove said mask and eat/drink and somehow that moment in time you are magically immune to the virus. That's such a load of shit. Logically it makes zero sense. That is why I still don't do it.
You don't take your mask off to eat, and you just push the food into the mask like a sieve?
Weird flex.

jk.

Last edited by imOFP; 08-01-2021 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 10:15 PM   #945
TiMSport
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imOFP View Post
You don't take you mask off to eat, and you just push the food into the mask like a sieve?
Weird flex.

jk.
Ahhh so that's how they do it!
      08-01-2021, 11:18 PM   #946
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep

Short of a N95 mask or SCUBA gear, masks are pure theater with the Delta variant.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread