New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-13-2018, 02:38 AM   #67
BigT
Private
Switzerland
29
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: I12 i8 Coupe / I01 i3 60Ah Rex
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Zurich

iTrader: (0)

Funny, here in Switzerland and most likely in Germany, they are lately pushing the Diesel with one page advertisings as the solution for the CO2-problem

It's because there is a dramatic decrease of sales since the scandal. People here just do not longer believe the statet specs, regardless of brand or type.
The majority is eagerly waiting for PEV and PHEV according to the polls and that is a good thing.

There are several EU countries up to forbid Gasoline and Diesel in the next decade. It's over.
Appreciate 1
eDrive465.00

      09-13-2018, 04:27 AM   #68
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
395
Rep
1,501
Posts

Drives: 2015 M$4 F82
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: CA

iTrader: (2)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
First they killed almost all MT, then they want to kill wagon and now diesel they really want me to look somewhere else it seem.
Everything but UFO is cancelled
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #69
SteveinArizona
Captain
United_States
238
Rep
815
Posts

Drives: BMW 530e
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Greater Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

As the owner of a BMW phev I do like it. However, BMW needs to recognize that if it wants to retain the title of the "ultimate driving machine" it has to offer phevs that are performance oriented and not just in the Ms.

For example, if they offered the 250 HP ICE with the 111 HP electric motor and called it a 540e I would have gladly purchased it instead and paid more for it. And if they were nice enough to offer the 6 cylinder ICE with the 111 HP electric motor I would gladly have paid even more.

But if BMW wants to keep its phevs competing only with mainline automakers, it is degrading the marque.

Come on BMW. In the words of Tim the toolman Taylor: "More power".
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #70
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
Die ///M Rakete's Avatar
United_States
620
Rep
836
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
VW has little to do with the change, but now has to get involved strictly due to their dishonesty alone.
There has never been any doubt that fossil fuels as a whole will be going the way of the dodo eventually but VW expedited the demise of diesel passenger cars with their unscrupulously dishonest business practices and thereby killed any chances I had of picking up a G05 in diesel. Damn you VW
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #71
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2464
Rep
3,390
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
...if BMW wants to keep its phevs competing only with mainline automakers, it is degrading the marque.
Is this your opinion, or can you share objective evidence of BMW's reputation being degraded because of their level of committment to PHEVs?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #72
SteveinArizona
Captain
United_States
238
Rep
815
Posts

Drives: BMW 530e
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Greater Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Is this your opinion, or can you share objective evidence of BMW's reputation being degraded because of their level of committment to PHEVs?
My opinion. And I think it will do so, not already doing so. The company markets the 530e as equivalent to the 530i. But to be truly equivalent it should have a HP to weight equivalent which would mean more HP to make up for the extra weight.

Remember: I did say that I love my car. I just wish that I could love it even more! And I am not saying that they should not market the 530e, I am just asking for some higher end equivalents.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #73
Proctor750
Private First Class
163
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: E30 M3
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hattie B's

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die ///M Rakete View Post
VW expedited the demise of diesel passenger cars with their unscrupulously dishonest business practices and thereby killed any chances I had of picking up a G05 in diesel. Damn you VW
I wouldn't put all of the blame on VW, if anything they were trying to give consumers what they wanted while jumping through the loopholes created by big 3 lobbyists starting way back with the chicken tax.

Here is an alternative perspective:

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2015...fied-by-uncle/

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2018...018-vw-passat/
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 12:13 PM   #74
F32Fleet
Major General
F32Fleet's Avatar
United_States
1078
Rep
7,365
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southeastern US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Tesla Model 3 Outsold All BMW Passenger Cars In US:

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-...assenger-cars/

So what does that make a BMW?
I call bullshit on those figures. Especially as the Tesla figures are estimated, and the BMW numbers are actual figures. In fact, on their links, the other Tesla figures are also estimated. Are those guys paid by Tesla, by any chance?

How many cars did Tesla build, sell and register to customers in August? I'd bet it's nowhere near the figures they're claiming.
Tesla couldn't sell ice to an Eskimo without a tax credit.
__________________
"Drive more, worry less. "

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC2464.00

      09-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #75
eDrive
.
eDrive's Avatar
465
Rep
709
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Tesla Model 3 Outsold All BMW Passenger Cars In US:

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-...assenger-cars/

So what does that make a BMW?
I call bullshit on those figures. Especially as the Tesla figures are estimated, and the BMW numbers are actual figures. In fact, on their links, the other Tesla figures are also estimated. Are those guys paid by Tesla, by any chance?

How many cars did Tesla build, sell and register to customers in August? I'd bet it's nowhere near the figures they're claiming.
Tesla couldn't sell ice to an Eskimo without a tax credit.


Cool story bro.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #76
F32Fleet
Major General
F32Fleet's Avatar
United_States
1078
Rep
7,365
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southeastern US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Tesla Model 3 Outsold All BMW Passenger Cars In US:

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-...assenger-cars/

So what does that make a BMW?
I call bullshit on those figures. Especially as the Tesla figures are estimated, and the BMW numbers are actual figures. In fact, on their links, the other Tesla figures are also estimated. Are those guys paid by Tesla, by any chance?

How many cars did Tesla build, sell and register to customers in August? I'd bet it's nowhere near the figures they're claiming.
Tesla couldn't sell ice to an Eskimo without a tax credit.


Cool story bro.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Actually I do have a grasp of basic economics.

In any case Lucas Davis (UC Berkley) has some interesting articles on renewables and EV penetration of the market.

https://energyathaas.wordpress.com/2...-solar-panels/


https://www.designnews.com/automotiv...91614954647498


https://theconversation.com/apartmen...ed-them-100296
__________________
"Drive more, worry less. "

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC2464.00

      09-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #77
eDrive
.
eDrive's Avatar
465
Rep
709
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Tesla Model 3 Outsold All BMW Passenger Cars In US:

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-...assenger-cars/

So what does that make a BMW?
I call bullshit on those figures. Especially as the Tesla figures are estimated, and the BMW numbers are actual figures. In fact, on their links, the other Tesla figures are also estimated. Are those guys paid by Tesla, by any chance?

How many cars did Tesla build, sell and register to customers in August? I'd bet it's nowhere near the figures they're claiming.
Tesla couldn't sell ice to an Eskimo without a tax credit.


Cool story bro.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Actually I do have a grasp of basic economics.

In any case Lucas Davis (UC Berkley) has some interesting articles on renewables and EV penetration of the market.

https://energyathaas.wordpress.com/2...-solar-panels/


https://www.designnews.com/automotiv...91614954647498


https://theconversation.com/apartmen...ed-them-100296
Post all the links you want.

Tesla is currently outselling / dominating all major players...

Your posts are still meaningless because you cannot predict the future.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #78
rexus300
Second Lieutenant
34
Rep
221
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

iTrader: (1)

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/b...scontinuation/

Seems as if BMW Is still keeping the X5d option open on the table! I contacted BMWUSA and told them to sell the new generation X5 in diesel and I will get one asap! Most of you here who wants one should also go to BMWUSA and go to contact us and place in your request for them to sell new X5 diesel under corporate request.

https://contactform.bmwusa.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 05:01 PM   #79
rexus300
Second Lieutenant
34
Rep
221
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

iTrader: (1)

BMW wrote, “The final decision as to whether or not the BMW X5 diesel variant will come to the U.S. market has not been made. BMW of North America continues to monitor customer preferences and is prepared to adjust the product portfolio accordingly.”
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #80
glennQNYC
Benelli M4 Speed Loader
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
2464
Rep
3,390
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Tesla Model 3 Outsold All BMW Passenger Cars In US:

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-...assenger-cars/

So what does that make a BMW?
I call bullshit on those figures. Especially as the Tesla figures are estimated, and the BMW numbers are actual figures. In fact, on their links, the other Tesla figures are also estimated. Are those guys paid by Tesla, by any chance?

How many cars did Tesla build, sell and register to customers in August? I'd bet it's nowhere near the figures they're claiming.
Tesla couldn't sell ice to an Eskimo without a tax credit.


Cool story bro.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Actually I do have a grasp of basic economics.

In any case Lucas Davis (UC Berkley) has some interesting articles on renewables and EV penetration of the market.

https://energyathaas.wordpress.com/2...-solar-panels/


https://www.designnews.com/automotiv...91614954647498


https://theconversation.com/apartmen...ed-them-100296
Post all the links you want.

Tesla is currently outselling / dominating all major players...

Your posts are still meaningless because you cannot predict the future.
Annnddd WOOSH the point goes right over your head.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #81
eDrive
.
eDrive's Avatar
465
Rep
709
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Tesla Model 3 Outsold All BMW Passenger Cars In US:

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-...assenger-cars/

So what does that make a BMW?
I call bullshit on those figures. Especially as the Tesla figures are estimated, and the BMW numbers are actual figures. In fact, on their links, the other Tesla figures are also estimated. Are those guys paid by Tesla, by any chance?

How many cars did Tesla build, sell and register to customers in August? I'd bet it's nowhere near the figures they're claiming.
Tesla couldn't sell ice to an Eskimo without a tax credit.


Cool story bro.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Actually I do have a grasp of basic economics.

In any case Lucas Davis (UC Berkley) has some interesting articles on renewables and EV penetration of the market.

https://energyathaas.wordpress.com/2...-solar-panels/


https://www.designnews.com/automotiv...91614954647498


https://theconversation.com/apartmen...ed-them-100296
Post all the links you want.

Tesla is currently outselling / dominating all major players...

Your posts are still meaningless because you cannot predict the future.
Annnddd WOOSH the point goes right over your head.
If you say so...

Electric is future, not Diesel.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 06:34 PM   #82
Flying Ace
Major General
Flying Ace's Avatar
United_States
3420
Rep
9,858
Posts

Drives: M6GC ZCP, X5d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SF, CA

iTrader: (5)

I have some skin the game as I own a E70 X5d. I've owned the car for 4 years now, and I have decided to transition my next family car to a PHEV regardless. (I'm buying the XC90 T8 over the Cayenne SEH and the new X5 45e).

At least with my driving habits, it makes a lot of sense to buy a PHEV over a diesel. Not to mention, almost every emissions component has been replace once by BMW already. The PHEV is likely much more reliable.

The ONLY reason you'll want a diesel these days is to pull something, and they will always have a V8 application to pull what you need. PHEVs today will completely smash any MPG figures of diesels both in the city and on the highway.
__________________
12 AW/Cinnamon X5 Diesel Urban Assault Vehicle
14 AW M6GC ZCP, MPE, e-wheel, vorsteiner spoiler
08 SSII E90 M3 (Sold!)
Appreciate 1
eDrive465.00

      09-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #83
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
391
Rep
1,190
Posts

Drives: E82M/F31 328XD
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montréal Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I have some skin the game as I own a E70 X5d. I've owned the car for 4 years now, and I have decided to transition my next family car to a PHEV regardless. (I'm buying the XC90 T8 over the Cayenne SEH and the new X5 45e).

At least with my driving habits, it makes a lot of sense to buy a PHEV over a diesel. Not to mention, almost every emissions component has been replace once by BMW already. The PHEV is likely much more reliable.

The ONLY reason you'll want a diesel these days is to pull something, and they will always have a V8 application to pull what you need. PHEVs today will completely smash any MPG figures of diesels both in the city and on the highway.
There is no way a Phev will beat a diesel on the highway. Actually the X5 40e is worst than the 35i on the highway. A gas engine need more fuel to produce the same power it's that simple.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #84
supermann125
Private First Class
35
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

iTrader: (2)

I'll just leave this here. 45mpg on the highway, 400hp/600tq at the wheels, eats C7s at the track
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #85
InsideMan
Private First Class
100
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
I recently test drove a P100D it understeer way more than my 328d, I park on the street so no accès to charging point so I would have to waste my time at supercharger. The future is hydrogen.
Most (81%) EV users charge at home (overnight). Public chargers are unnecessary. Sorry you don't have a plug... You can't do this (fill up at home) with Hydrogen. Regardless - no one is making hydrogen vehicles for mass consumption right now. You might as well say the future is portable fusion... Keep fishin'...

I also have an i8 Roadster (which gets better mileage, handles better than most diesels, and doesn't need a charger at all).

...not to mention my Sierra 2500 Diesel pickup which pulls the trailer that holds my M4 track car.

Time marches on. Get over it...
I love this guy! Can we be best friends?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:24 AM   #86
InsideMan
Private First Class
100
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Is anybody on this forum in the United States that was actually able to buy a 2018 G30 540d here in the U.S.? I never saw any hit showroom floors in the U.S.
There are still some at dealers.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 09:13 AM   #87
Bols
Captain
Belgium
189
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: F36 AW 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Meanwhile the newest diesels are actually cleaner than the comparable gas engines in the latest test here.. but they still get taxed more...

I loved seeing VW go down but the fallout has spread way too hard to brands that actually did invest in cleaner tech :/

Although if BMW could install the new X5 PHEV package (with inline 6 gas engine and 80km electric range) into the next 3/4 series that would be awesomely perfect for my commute
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 02:42 PM   #88
Ibiza
Major
Ibiza's Avatar
United_States
808
Rep
1,063
Posts

Drives: 2018 F83 ZCP & 2018 F85
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

This rumor is pure bullshiit, why? Cause I saw in Buckhead (Atlanta, GA) on September 13, 2018 a new X5 (G05) with a 30 d (diesel) engine.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2018 X5M 1/18 PCD
2018 M4 cabrio ZCP- ED 9/17- PCD 12/17
Retired:
2015 X5 50i PCD, 2015 435 Cabrio ED, 2011 X3 PCD, 2011 335is Cabrio ED/PCD, 2007 X3is PCD, 2007 335i Cabrio PCD, 2004 328i Cabrio PCD
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST