New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #23
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
Reggie_2005's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M6
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

iTrader: (0)

i've had my ride close to 2 years now, and i smile every single time i see it. all the BS i've gone through, 2 stupid ass deployments, busting my ass at work in the military and as a civilian. the ride for me is a symbol of hard work paying off. especially because its a ride that i didn't have to settle with. i got everything i wanted, and the car is freaking beautiful.

and i also smile more when people are looking at me getting in the car as if it doesn't belong to me. haters make me smile.
__________________
“All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2018, 06:00 AM   #24
cmyx6go
Major
cmyx6go's Avatar
1473
Rep
1,036
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie_2005 View Post
i've had my ride close to 2 years now, and i smile every single time i see it. all the BS i've gone through, 2 stupid ass deployments, busting my ass at work in the military and as a civilian. the ride for me is a symbol of hard work paying off. especially because its a ride that i didn't have to settle with. i got everything i wanted, and the car is freaking beautiful.

and i also smile more when people are looking at me getting in the car as if it doesn't belong to me. haters make me smile.
Do we have a salute smilie? Thank you for your service
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #25
JG_Coupe88
Private First Class
JG_Coupe88's Avatar
139
Rep
159
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M sport 428i
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [4.50]
I smile like crazy in both the daily, modded & tuned 428i, decent little all around setup it has, and in the 99' E36 M3 I just bought to take over as the primary track car and sometimes daily/canyon carver !! I smile as I drive in one and see the other in front of my place or in the garage. Tuned boost, and NA Inline 6 fun, rowing gears in either is amazing. You gotta be grateful that you're able to have a hobby like this, care for your machine, track it, drive it right. Cars are life man.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2018, 10:59 PM   #26
KevinC
your average JAMF
KevinC's Avatar
United_States
238
Rep
1,865
Posts

Drives: '08 Z4MC, '16 Golf R
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hereford, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I smile AND pop a big raging chubby every time I mount my awesome steed.

__________________
'08 Z4M Coupé LM08602
'16 Golf R
'17 Kawasaki Versys 650
Appreciate 3
BMWM5NYC306.50
Germanauto2862.00
Ickdeep2488.00

      12-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #27
BMWM5NYC
Captain
BMWM5NYC's Avatar
307
Rep
639
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)




I Love My M
__________________
Formally known as BMWM3NYC
Appreciate 2
Germanauto2862.00
Ickdeep2488.00

      12-10-2018, 10:26 PM   #28
xQx
General
Australia
820
Rep
977
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast QLD Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I had a Z4m in high school.
You were spoiled.

I don't mean that to be mean, and I say that from a position of envy rather than jealousy.

Personally, I hope I'm successful enough over the next decade that I can buy my son a car of that caliber for his 18th birthday - and in saying that - I'm not saying you only had that because of your parents; maybe you worked for it and had great taste as a child.

But you, my friend, were spoiled.

I love my 135i. I do wish I'd bought an M. For the price I paid in the first 12 months of N54 ownership I could've easily had an M.
My little car will outrun a //M in a straight line, and probably under most circumstances in traffic ... but it'll never be a "real" M.

But I consider myself spoiled to have the car I have, and I don't think I've driven a single mile in it where it hasn't brought me a smile.
__________________
2008 BMW 135i Convertible 6AT (E88 N54) M Sport (BMS DCI, VRSF 7" Intercooler, VRSF CP, VRSF v2 DP, Turbosmart BOV, SmartTop Module, xHP Stage 3, BMS Cowl Filters, 2" Inlets
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #29
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
343
Rep
777
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I had a Z4m in high school.
You were spoiled.

I don't mean that to be mean, and I say that from a position of envy rather than jealousy.

Personally, I hope I'm successful enough over the next decade that I can buy my son a car of that caliber for his 18th birthday - and in saying that - I'm not saying you only had that because of your parents; maybe you worked for it and had great taste as a child.

But you, my friend, were spoiled.

I love my 135i. I do wish I'd bought an M. For the price I paid in the first 12 months of N54 ownership I could've easily had an M.
My little car will outrun a //M in a straight line, and probably under most circumstances in traffic ... but it'll never be a "real" M.

But I consider myself spoiled to have the car I have, and I don't think I've driven a single mile in it where it hasn't brought me a smile.
Your comment is ignorant. And how ironic I have a 1er myself too now, maybe I'm spoiled for driving that as well
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Imola Red, FBO VF-Engineering, e85 Flex Fuel-Sold
2012 BMW 135i N55 DCT Alpine White/Coral Red, FBO, TBI, Full e85, JB4 BEF-Sold
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Black, Advanced Fuel Dynamics E85 flex fuel kit, Megan Racing Headers, RPI intake scoop, Revshift 80a differential mounts, CDV delete, ZHP Knob
Appreciate 1
xQx820.00

      12-12-2018, 03:57 PM   #30
srmast1
Captain
srmast1's Avatar
United_States
242
Rep
607
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT, 2008 audi A4
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: fresno, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyraww View Post
Am I the only one still in shock that they drive an M car? Every time I look at it I still can't believe it's mine.
Nope, you are not the only one. I'll go into my garage just to look at my e90 m3 from different angles. Man, I love it BUT, I have been considering switching it up for a convertible 2010 e63 m6 6mt. We have a SUV(MDX) and another sedan (A4) So I no longer need a 4 Dr m3, however I don't want an e93 m3 at all. I feel like my e90 is just fast enough and the convertible is too noticeably slow in comparison. Thats where the ragtop 6mt M6 comes in.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #31
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2862
Rep
2,725
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW

iTrader: (0)

I don't have an ///M (yet) but every time I even see my car it gives me joy in my heart. The beauty of it, the beautiful meticulously-maintained interior, the driving experience, etc. I cherish it every single time.
Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC306.50

      12-14-2018, 08:25 PM   #32
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
343
Rep
777
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmast1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyraww View Post
Am I the only one still in shock that they drive an M car? Every time I look at it I still can't believe it's mine.
Nope, you are not the only one. I'll go into my garage just to look at my e90 m3 from different angles. Man, I love it BUT, I have been considering switching it up for a convertible 2010 e63 m6 6mt. We have a SUV(MDX) and another sedan (A4) So I no longer need a 4 Dr m3, however I don't want an e93 m3 at all. I feel like my e90 is just fast enough and the convertible is too noticeably slow in comparison. Thats where the ragtop 6mt M6 comes in.
The M6 vert is a dog it's really heavy, e90 m3 is a far superior car and you'll regret selling it. And a buddy of mine in high school had a e60 M5 when they where newish, it got an oil leak that required the engine to be removed to access. The car was sold after that
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Imola Red, FBO VF-Engineering, e85 Flex Fuel-Sold
2012 BMW 135i N55 DCT Alpine White/Coral Red, FBO, TBI, Full e85, JB4 BEF-Sold
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Black, Advanced Fuel Dynamics E85 flex fuel kit, Megan Racing Headers, RPI intake scoop, Revshift 80a differential mounts, CDV delete, ZHP Knob
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #33
Ickdeep
Colonel
Ickdeep's Avatar
United_States
2488
Rep
2,765
Posts

Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
2015 BMW X5  [5.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [5.00]
Just got mine a few days and oh man I love it. For the power and comfort, its the best. At any time I have 680 whp ready to go on my right foot. The rain does suck but when it clears up, this car is a blast


Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC306.50

      12-15-2018, 03:59 AM   #34
srmast1
Captain
srmast1's Avatar
United_States
242
Rep
607
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT, 2008 audi A4
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: fresno, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
The M6 vert is a dog it's really heavy, e90 m3 is a far superior car and you'll regret selling it. And a buddy of mine in high school had a e60 M5 when they where newish, it got an oil leak that required the engine to be removed to access. The car was sold after that
That is what I'm afraid of with the e60 m5, horror stories like that. I guess I should test drive a 6mt v10 m6. But where to find one to test drive?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 05:48 AM   #35
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
343
Rep
777
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmast1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
The M6 vert is a dog it's really heavy, e90 m3 is a far superior car and you'll regret selling it. And a buddy of mine in high school had a e60 M5 when they where newish, it got an oil leak that required the engine to be removed to access. The car was sold after that
That is what I'm afraid of with the e60 m5, horror stories like that. I guess I should test drive a 6mt v10 m6. But where to find one to test drive?
Just act interested and test drive someone's off craigslist or try carmax if they may even have it
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Imola Red, FBO VF-Engineering, e85 Flex Fuel-Sold
2012 BMW 135i N55 DCT Alpine White/Coral Red, FBO, TBI, Full e85, JB4 BEF-Sold
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Black, Advanced Fuel Dynamics E85 flex fuel kit, Megan Racing Headers, RPI intake scoop, Revshift 80a differential mounts, CDV delete, ZHP Knob
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #36
srmast1
Captain
srmast1's Avatar
United_States
242
Rep
607
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT, 2008 audi A4
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: fresno, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Just act interested and test drive someone's off craigslist or try carmax if they may even have it
Carmax does not carry the e60 m5 any longer it seems. I believe they go straight to auction but Craigslist is an interesting idea
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #37
Cincinnatus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
39
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: 2013 M6
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Northeast PA

iTrader: (0)

I feel like I woke up in bed with Scarlett Johansson.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
BMWM5NYC306.50
Ickdeep2488.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST