New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-08-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Year Million

Anyone else watching this show, and being scared AND excited at the same time? Second Life seems like E90Post, but with interactive dancing. Not sure my mind/body will make it long enough to get uploaded. But who maintains the cloud if we are all jacked into the matrix???
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #2
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
But who maintains the cloud if we are all jacked into the matrix???
Amazon Web Services.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
EZgo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Good show to watch. Many of the people on that show are very intelligent but at the same time dangerously naive and ignore human nature. If people succomb to half that stuff I hope a giant metor hits and we have to start all over again.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I see those first steps happening even in my own house. Last ngiht, we asked my son if he wanted a torta, we were going to go get some for dinner. He was playing one of his online video games, and preferred to just make a sammich at home, took less time away from the game.

When I got home with the tortas, wife was engrossed in her iPad movies, headphones in.

At least my dog wanted to hang out with me, in real life. WEll, as long as I still had some food at the table. . .
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #5
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I just found out about this show too. Black Mirror is all short stories based on these ideas.

I've already got a primitive AI running everything in my house. Actually I have two AI's competing for my attention... Siri and Alexa. However I'm using Alexa more since she does more for me... Set the house temp, turn off and on lights in all the rooms, orders things for me I am low on supplies, plays music, controls my entertainment system. Once I figure out how to get Alexa to trigger lighting scenes for me I may kick Siri to the digital curb since Alexa seems to work much better.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #6
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I still remember back in junior high (WAY back in the 1900's) when my eyes were first opened to the help of automation. A teacher asked us all the describe 'the future" when machines did things to help man. Mine had flying cars, smart computers/robots. But one kid who was clearly ahead of the curve said the future was already here, we had washing machines, dishwashers, cars. . . Mind BLOWN!
Appreciate 0