New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

02-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
pbu06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' Z4 35i

Got my Valentine hardwired,but never worked....

I've got my valentine hardwired about a week ago...

It kept warned me about all the traps and stuff, but I was wondering

if it was working properly..

I was on my way to my home tonight, and saw police car just right in front of me...but nothing from valentine...

Also, I got one other police behind my car after that...but

nothing from valentine again!!!

They were college cops. I thought Valentine supposed to capture any signal

that cops send.....Or am I on the wrong mode? It shows "A" when its turned on... and detects "somethings" time to time...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
shashi27
Private
Rep
Drives: 11 Z4 35is

What I have found is that just because the cop is there doesn't mean they have their radar on. A lot of times cops sit on the side of the road more to warn people driving by that they are there as a presence. My Valentine lights up when the radar is on. You will often find that cops flip their radar on and off behind you to sneak up as well. The Valentine is not going to alert you in time always but it will keep you out of trouble 90% of the time. I think if you have an awareness of where most police hide during your daily commute and you factor in the Valentine is watching cops sneaking behind you, you are in better shape than the majority of folks who are weeded out like minnows.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Your V1 should capture the K band of the police CB... Laser guns will be detected by a lazer alert signal... Your V1 should be able to detect a Ka signal as well, these would be sometimes used in conduction with the optic speed cameras...
I guess you need to read your manual on how to set up which bands to detect and report...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
tommyinorlando
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35i with M Sport

I have my V1 set to Ka and Laser only, those are the only two that are EVER used in Florida, i have never once been zapped by anything other than Ka or Laser, keeping X and K on typically just make the detected go off all the time and cause false alarms... works awesome for me.
Appreciate 0