New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

09-23-2021, 01:07 PM   #353
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Well bully to you!
Did you go back further than one month? I count 11 stories about missing or found people going back only to the beginning of this past July.
Maybe you didn't adjust the date range to "All since 1851" did you?

Do you have a point besides showing that the NYT is over your head?
No because my point was made on the first page where they have done EXACTLY what every other mainstream media outlet has done and that's focus on Petito stories or stories related to Petito. But let's assume you're right 11 stories over the past 4 months, I'm also going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume they are all black, brown and ugly people. That's just under 3 per month vs fucking 8 stories on Petito and white women syndrome in 1 month.

I'm sure you're drawing up the protest sign to go stand outside the NYT office right now!
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #354
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Why not ask yourself why your Apple feed dropped this in your lap? The agenda isn't yours, but perhaps there is an agenda to the "news" that is selected to be fed to you?
This is so "Pizzagate-ish".
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 01:13 PM   #355
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

What's Tommy Lee jones up to?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-23-2021, 01:19 PM   #356
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
No because my point was made on the first page where they have done EXACTLY what every other mainstream media outlet has done and that's focus on Petito stories or stories related to Petito. But let's assume you're right 11 stories over the past 4 months, I'm also going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume they are all black, brown and ugly people. That's just under 3 per month vs fucking 8 stories on Petito and white women syndrome in 1 month.

I'm sure you're drawing up the protest sign to go stand outside the NYT office right now!
Really, just go read a decent newspaper. Please?
What "mainstream media outlet" do you think covers the missing people disparity well?

PS: The NYT also has a food section!! Damn them....

And don't poke the Littlebear.

Last edited by Littlebear; 09-23-2021 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
F30lolz6798.50
      09-23-2021, 01:45 PM   #357
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

No media is into fair, balanced or honest reporting, in spite of their mastheads and claims to the contrary. They simply want to sell advertising. So the more salacious the story, the more interest it will generate, the more reads/clicks it will generate and the more ads it will sell. That is why they went with the Gabby story and now the “white women syndrome”.

I recommend “Life: the Movie: How Entertainment Conquered Reality” as a very good read on the long term journalism world, and stardom without accomplishment. Available on Amazon.
Appreciate 2
Torgus3781.50
540iSUP704.00
      09-23-2021, 01:56 PM   #358
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
No media is into fair, balanced or honest reporting, in spite of their mastheads and claims to the contrary. They simply want to sell advertising.....
Well there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Some companies try to sell more by presenting the best, most honest work they can, because there is a market for honest reporting and always will be. But then some companies try to sell more by pandering.
As the consumer, it is up to you to discriminate between them.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      09-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #359
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

It all gets thrown out the window when it's "Sweeps Week" and there are Advertising dollars at stake. It's like those news helicopters following the stolen car pursuits, we want to see the perp chased down and put in handcuffs. Let the "serious journalists" go after their Peabody Awards and let's go after those Daytime Emmy Awards!
      09-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #360
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
It all gets thrown out the window when it's "Sweeps Week" and there are Advertising dollars at stake. It's like those news helicopters following the stolen car pursuits, we want to see the perp chased down and put in handcuffs. Let the "serious journalists" go after their Peabody Awards and let's go after those Daytime Emmy Awards!
Those are entertainment awards.
The Pulitzer is for good media work. Like wot the NYT gets regularly.

PS: It is very amusing that folks here complain about bad reporting, but in the "What Other Sites do You Visit Regularly...", I don't think one other person listed the NYT.

Last edited by Littlebear; 09-23-2021 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 02:20 PM   #361
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Ah.. the New York Slimes. Such a great example of honest, unbiased reporting.
Appreciate 2
      09-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #362
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:

PS: It is very amusing that folks here complain about bad reporting, but in the "What Other Sites do You Visit Regularly...", I don't think one other person listed the NYT.
I like the NYT's but would most certainly not say it's unbiased. It's not even peer reviewed (scholarly source, however you want to word it)

It's also left-center biased. Highly.

Pulitzer also. There's so many sub categories. Kendrick Lamar has a Pulitzer. This alone doesn't mean it's the end all be all.
Appreciate 5
      09-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #363
Monster335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Isnt this guy the same dude that starred in Transformers movie?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 02:28 PM   #364
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I'm a fan of the NYT and Washington Post, I worry about those that get their news from Yahoo, USA Today and Dr. Phil.
      09-23-2021, 02:31 PM   #365
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335 View Post
Isnt this guy the same dude that starred in Transformers movie?
Lol. No. He's a musical artist. I enjoy his stuff, hence why I knew he had a Pulitzer (obviously for music) but still a Pulitzer.

One of his songs is actually perfect to describe this thread sometimes

"Bitch don't kill my vibe…"

Appreciate 1
540iSUP704.00
      09-23-2021, 03:11 PM   #366
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
No media is into fair, balanced or honest reporting, in spite of their mastheads and claims to the contrary. They simply want to sell advertising. So the more salacious the story, the more interest it will generate, the more reads/clicks it will generate and the more ads it will sell. That is why they went with the Gabby story and now the “white women syndrome”.

I recommend “Life: the Movie: How Entertainment Conquered Reality” as a very good read on the long term journalism world, and stardom without accomplishment. Available on Amazon.

Lol - this.

Also - noted this morning when I opened the CNN website to see the news. Story on the right goes into why it's so terrible that news agencies are only reporting on the Gabby story because she is white and they need to stop reporting on these stories and do more stories related to other races missing (I agree, btw). Then, directly to the right is....wait for it.....another story about Gabby.

I mean - the literal hypocrisy is on the same page! lol.

And to be fair - this isn't only an issue CNN is guilty of - I've seen the same from other sources, such as Fox News, where they will complain about biased news coverage and then have a super biased news article on the same page.

Pox on the lot of them, sigh.
Attached Images

Littlebear3509.50
minn1914028.50
RickFLM410971.00
540iSUP704.00
      09-23-2021, 03:22 PM   #367
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I like the NYT's but would most certainly not say it's unbiased. It's not even peer reviewed (scholarly source, however you want to word it)

Pulitzer also. There's so many sub categories. Kendrick Lamar has a Pulitzer. This alone doesn't mean it's the end all be all.
By definition, is any person or entity non-biased?

According to the 'Media-Bias-Chart' (which has been posted here a few times already), the NYT is moderately left leaning.
https://adfontesmedia.com/wp-content...ensed-Copy.pdf

Is any newspaper (or media source) put through a formal peer review? No, but some pubs have a corrections page (like the NYT)!
The NYT has an excellent reputation to guard, unlike CNN, Faux, etc. This is what the Times banks on, unlike many others.

As you noted, there are Pulitzer prizes for excellence in many areas. The NYT doesn't get them for music.

Last edited by Littlebear; 09-23-2021 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #368
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

By definition, is any person or entity non-biased?

According to the 'Media-Bias-Chart' (which has been posted here a few times already), the NYT is moderately left leaning.
https://adfontesmedia.com/wp-content...ensed-Copy.pdf

Is any newspaper (or media source) put through a formal peer review? No, but some pubs have a corrections page (like the NYT)!
The NYT has an excellent reputation to guard, unlike CNN, Faux, etc. This is what the Times banks on, unlike many others.

As you noted, there are Pulitzer prizes for excellence in many areas. The NYT doesn't get them for music.
Quote:
Quote:

It's pointless to have a simple conversation with you. You're so fixated on "being right" it's exhausting. What did you say earlier? "Don't poke the littlebear"? Nobodies poking at you. I clearly stated I do enjoy the NYT's but acting like it's the end all be all because it's won Pulitzers is asinine. No shit Kendrick Lamar didn't win a Pulitzer for his newspaper article writing skills - I think I clearly stated that. But it's still a Pulitzer at the end of the day, so using your comments, anything Kendrick Lamar raps about or whatever his lyrics say are 100% factual?

I promise you that you'll find a way to make it through this if some others don't feel as strongly about the NYT's as you do. It will be okay. I legit don't think this is a hill worth dying on, lol.
Appreciate 3
      09-23-2021, 03:50 PM   #369
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

^^you're wasting your breath
Appreciate 7
      09-23-2021, 03:56 PM   #370
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Who deemed the NYT the litmus test for balanced news? According to that media bias chart it's news leans left and it's OpEd is left.
Appreciate 3
      09-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #371
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
It's pointless to have a simple conversation with you. You're so fixated on "being right" it's exhausting. What did you say earlier? "Don't poke the littlebear"? Nobodies poking at you. I clearly stated I do enjoy the NYT's but acting like it's the end all be all because it's won Pulitzers is asinine. No shit Kendrick Lamar didn't win a Pulitzer for his newspaper article writing skills - I think I clearly stated that. But it's still a Pulitzer at the end of the day, so using your comments, anything Kendrick Lamar raps about or whatever his lyrics say are 100% factual?

I promise you that you'll find a way to make it through this if some others don't feel as strongly about the NYT's as you do. It will be okay. I legit don't think this is a hill worth dying on, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
^^you're wasting your breath
It's true. He's an enlightened being of pure light from a cultured world renowned metropolis. So it's technically impossible for him to be wrong.

That being said as the hairy chimp like creature I am... I cannot resist throwing shit at the littlebear every now and then.
Appreciate 5
shoei7779.00
Run Silent15127.00
upstatedoc7559.50
      09-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #372
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Who deemed the NYT the litmus test for balanced news? According to that media bias chart it's news leans left and it's OpEd is left.
Nobody said the NYT is the litmus test.
According to the Media-Bias-Chart, the NYT also is way up there for fact reporting. Notice how this breaks down: the upper left is crowded, as is the lower right. Just sayin'!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 04:09 PM   #373
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
.... I cannot resist throwing shit at the littlebear every now and then.
I would expect no different from you! Too bad you can't get close to target.
Which cave are you sleeping in tonight?

Last edited by Littlebear; 09-23-2021 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #374
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

shoei: "Nobodies poking at you."

Quote:

Poke, poke....
I'm not sure Dreamingat... is sure of much.

Last edited by Littlebear; 09-23-2021 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread