New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-22-2019, 07:07 AM   #1
powermax
Rep
Drives: Z4sdrive 23i

Smile BMW Z4e89 M-SPORT STEERING WHEEL

Hi Gentlemen

I wanted BMW Z4e89 M-SPORT STEERING WHEEL for my BMW Z4e89 23i Manual Gear Box.

My original Steering wheel ( leather ) it's died

But I have the impression that it is difficult to find stocks available or void, even at BMW in France

Can you help me ?

I'm watching on ebay too ...

Thank's !
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Why not retrim your steering wheel with quality leather?
If you have steering wheel heating option its more difficult because taking off the old leather likely damages the thin heating element wire under it and nobody is willing to guarantee it would work later on. Best solution would be to use thin nappa leather and shave/grind the old leather down and cover over it. Then wheel heating functionality would be guaranteed. If you like your wheel to be thicker like M sport steering wheel retrim services probably could do that too.

If you check parts catalog then new rim without buttons etc is around 500-600 eur. in my country i can get a wheel retrimmed in a proper place for a third of this price.

Steering wheels:
http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E8...owse/steering/
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 02:22 AM   #3
powermax
Rep
Drives: Z4sdrive 23i

Hi Kenny

My steering wheel does not have heating. This is the standard multifunction steering wheel for BMW Z4 e89.
The leather has been redone twice.
I find the rim of the steering wheel not enough thick. The BMW M Sport steering wheel for Z4 e89 has better leather and also thicker.

I found 5 BMW Z4e89 Sport accidents from accident. They are in good condition, without the airbag cell, but I do not know if it is good to ride with ruffles.?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
MXNSITH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C, 2019 i3 REX, 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
Hi Gentlemen

I wanted BMW Z4e89 M-SPORT STEERING WHEEL for my BMW Z4e89 23i Manual Gear Box.

My original Steering wheel ( leather ) it's died

But I have the impression that it is difficult to find stocks available or void, even at BMW in France

Can you help me ?

I'm watching on ebay too ...

Thank's !
I just bought an M-Sport steering wheel for the wife's Z4 and plan to do the swap this Saturday.

You can have your stock steering wheel thickened and rewrapped. I was quoted $550 for that here in the states, with a two to three week turnaround.

A new M-Sport steering wheel from my local dealership was $600 so I went that route.

Last edited by MXNSITH; 01-18-2020 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #5
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

For $500 NRW will do a carbon fiber steering wheel about any way you want it finished (don't know how heated is handled by NRW).

But ... if looking to increase thickness or improve - one can DIY a steering wheel leather cover. There are plenty of Youtube videos, and the leather coverings are nice quality, inexpensive, can be had in Motorsport stitching, etc.

Filippo