New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #1
Pauly Wauly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 560X

Thumbs Down Feature.

Can we get a thumbs down feature/button/icon like some other popular websites/forums have?

You have a thumbs up feature/button/icon, so why not a thumbs down feature?
Karma is real!!!....You keep doing people dirty and being a complete asshole and think God is going to bless you. It may not be today, or tomorrow, or next week, but what goes around comes back around. And when that bitch comes for you it`ll be tenfold!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Wauly View Post
Can we get a thumbs down feature/button/icon like some other popular websites/forums have?

You have a thumbs up feature/button/icon, so why not a thumbs down feature?
Because it's bullshit, that's why. Another popular website (YouTube) has the button but stopped displaying it's counter recently. Does it do the math with "up" now or what? No bullying, to put it simply.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615256.00
      Yesterday, 06:10 PM   #3
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I just personally witnessed an abuse of the thumbs-down feature on another forum that I read, where each click deducts a point from the user's reputation.

Two adults got into a childish argument, and one of them thumbs-downed every single post ever made by the other one. The psychopath spent DAYS doing it, apparently by hand on each individual message. The victim had ZERO reputation points when the attack ended.

TL;dr - it isn't worth the headaches.....
      Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #4
Pauly Wauly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 560X

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I just personally witnessed an abuse of the thumbs-down feature on another forum that I read, where each click deducts a point from the user's reputation.

Two adults got into a childish argument, and one of them thumbs-downed every single post ever made by the other one. The psychopath spent DAYS doing it, apparently by hand on each individual message. The victim had ZERO reputation points when the attack ended.

TL;dr - it isn't worth the headaches.....
I hear you, and I agree, but I also see a lot of useless posts on the forum that have nothing to do with the thread(s) topic being posted on here by forum members or bots that it would be easier to just give them a thumbs down than to report them as spam or as someone breaking the forum rules.
Karma is real!!!....You keep doing people dirty and being a complete asshole and think God is going to bless you. It may not be today, or tomorrow, or next week, but what goes around comes back around. And when that bitch comes for you it`ll be tenfold!
Appreciate 0