New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

07-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #221
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Cleveland not too happy bout Lebron leaving.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #222
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
Sorry to all the Cavs fans. And sorry to anyone from NY or Chicago. I saw this coming several weeks ago and no one thought it would happen. I hate to say it, but I told you so.

LETS GO HEAT!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #223
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

i dont understand how all these ESPN analysts are trying to protect lebron by saying hes taking a paycut blah blah blah(winning championship > money.) The fact is that lebron makes SO MUCH money outside his contract from his sponsors that instead of getting a $120 million/6 years, whats the difference with a $70ish million/6 years.

He has enough money that he would still do the deal if he gets paid min salary.

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #224
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

miami will choke in the playoff.......and they'll split up after one season......
      07-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #225
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

also during the show, all lebron said is that what HE brought to Cleveland, what HE gave to the fans. Basically, stepping and trashing the fans and the city of cleveland. He never said anything about the kind of support he got from the fans, never thank his fans. You know... without ur fans lebron, ur just another ***** from the hood son.

but Lakers 3peat!!

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #226
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

I still can't believe he actually went there. I also agree that I don't think they will win this year. I honestly don't know if he could have gone to any of those 6 teams and won this year. My money is still on the Lakers, mostly because Phil Jackson has to complete his fourth 3-peat
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #227
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

Eh, I'm disappointed but not angry at him. He didn't chose to play his first 4 years in Cleveland, but did amazing things for them, but then he chose to stay for 3 more which he didn't have to. They almost got it done, but didn't. so what.

I'm surprised he didn't fall for all the bait the analysts kept throwing at him. He kept repeating his message, although a few times he did appear conceited and selfish, mainly because he was getting defensive when they kept trying to play the "you betrayed Cleveland" angle. Plus referring to yourself in the 3rd person is complete douche-baggery but I don't know what else to expect of a superstar in the NBA.

Most of what he said was true. Cleveland fans will eventually come to terms with it

I gave 7 great years to the organization ... true
I took the team to levels they hadn't been to before ... true
I always gave it my all ... for the most part, true, certainly more than 99.9% of the players out there.
I didn't do this for the money... True. etc. etc.

He kept repeating this message even when ESPN sunk so low as to show someone burning his jersey (the first thing I thought is that it was staged, but Cleveland fans can be a scornful bunch so who knows)

Kobe or any of those guys haven't done shit for Cleveland, LeBron has put Akron/Cleveland back on the map. He's gone now but the Cavs still have some momentum, they were one of the deepest bench teams in the NBA. We'll see what happens with them now. My guess is unless they make a big signing they'll slip back to medocrity in a couple of years, if not implode next year.

It will be hard to watch, but I hope he does win at lease one ring. He's done a lot for Cleveland. It's was and is unfair for Cleveland fans to expect one guy to erase 50 years of Cleveland sports history. Which is exactly how Cleveland ran their organization, and Cleveland needs to come to terms with that.

I'm saying this as a lifelong Cleveland fan. True fans will understand, The rest need to stop acting like a bunch of scorned lovers and take their cities destiny into their own hands.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #228
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
This is gonna be insane. They need a couple of more players and they win 4 out 5 championships thru out their contracts. Mario Chalmbers is a good player, capable of lots of steals and 3 pointers, Michael Beasley is great when he's on but is every unreliable, hopefully he steps it up. If we can sign Q Rich, Udonis Haslem and Carlos Arroyo we would be in good shape and maybe a couple of more backs ups. Maybe someone like Dorell Wright. We do need a big man, I love Joel Anthony but we still need one more big guy

And its all guys who were all on the team, they just could sign them till they get the big 3

GO HEAT!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #229
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

The Heat are going to get smoked in the playoffs. No center, no bench.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #230
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
Eh, I'm disappointed but not angry at him. He didn't chose to play his first 4 years in Cleveland, but did amazing things for them, but then he chose to stay for 3 more which he didn't have to. They almost got it done, but didn't. so what.

I'm surprised he didn't fall for all the bait the analysts kept throwing at him. He kept repeating his message, although a few times he did appear conceited and selfish, mainly because he was getting defensive when they kept trying to play the "you betrayed Cleveland" angle. Plus referring to yourself in the 3rd person is complete douche-baggery but I don't know what else to expect of a superstar in the NBA.

Most of what he said was true. Cleveland fans will eventually come to terms with it

I gave 7 great years to the organization ... true
I took the team to levels they hadn't been to before ... true
I always gave it my all ... for the most part, true, certainly more than 99.9% of the players out there.
I didn't do this for the money... True. etc. etc.

He kept repeating this message even when ESPN sunk so low as to show someone burning his jersey (the first thing I thought is that it was staged, but Cleveland fans can be a scornful bunch so who knows)

Kobe or any of those guys haven't done shit for Cleveland, LeBron has put Akron/Cleveland back on the map. He's gone now but the Cavs still have some momentum, they were one of the deepest bench teams in the NBA. We'll see what happens with them now. My guess is unless they make a big signing they'll slip back to medocrity in a couple of years, if not implode next year.

It will be hard to watch, but I hope he does win at lease one ring. He's done a lot for Cleveland. It's was and is unfair for Cleveland fans to expect one guy to erase 50 years of Cleveland sports history. Which is exactly how Cleveland ran their organization, and Cleveland needs to come to terms with that.

I'm saying this as a lifelong Cleveland fan. True fans will understand, The rest need to stop acting like a bunch of scorned lovers and take their cities destiny into their own hands.

-BMW2006
Thanks for the post bro... but...

Cleveland hasn't yet come to terms with Art Modell's douchebaggery, as any true Cleveland fan would know. Honestly, the best way for him to have built his legacy would have been to stay in Cleveland. If he wants to compare himself to the great Jordan, jumping ship isn't the way to show his loyalty to his city and his fans.

Why bring Kobe into the mix? Who says Cleveland wasn't on the map? Most people knew where Cleveland was way before LeBron was even born, and will continue to know it now that he's gone. I agree one man cannot erase 50 years of Cleveland sports history, but adding salt to a wound that hasn't healed from one heartbreak to the next isn't the best way to go out.

Die hard Cleveland fans never blamed LeBron for this years disappointing season, but you have to admit, the way he chose to publicly leave our team through this charade is hard for any Cleveland fan to swallow.

I do wish him the best in Miami, and I'm sure he will win many championships during his career, but the way he left will hardly be forgotten by any Cleveland fan for a very long time to come.
      07-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #231
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Name:  ts-pat-riley-r.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  66.7 KB
      07-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #232
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

I dont understand how some individuals get so into sports that a simple team change can alter a their demeanor... Lol like really guys?

I guess I have never been an "Avid" Sports fan... not to say I dont like them...

Good for lebron, he did what he wanted to do. Its a business to him, not some emotional attachment bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #233
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

I mentioned Kobe only from the "Kobe vs Lebron" stuff I saw on TV this year and also I think someone mentioned they would root for the Lakers over Miami now.

Yeah, it sucks he did this national charade in front of everyone. He probably doesn't realize it yet but he has sacrificed his legacy somewhat. Unless he wins more rings than Kobe or Jordon (unlikely) he's given up his spot to be compared to them. My guess is he'll win one or two, then be remembered as one of the great players, but not one of the greatest. He will eventually realize that if he brought one championship to Cleveland there would be 50 foot stone statues being built downtown in his likeness and people would tell their grandchildren about him. He chose to leave his chance to leave that kind of legacy which like I said, disappoints me, but am not going to hate on him for it.

Sorry it's been a long day and I'm really tired so I'm having some trouble putting my argument together. I meant put Cleveland back on the map in the sports world. of course everyone knows where Cleveland is.

I've been there through it all with you guys, but the majority of the fans I know fully expected a Cavs championship being the route to vindication of Cleveland sports in general after years of mediocrity and disappointment and almost wins on all fronts. To have put that on one players shoulders was unfair in my opinion.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #234
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
No hate for him, I just really question him as the alpha competitor he claims to be. In Miami, he will not be "the king"

Are there any ratings results from "The Decision" yet? Bet it beats State of the Union
+1

Not "hating" him, hell I love him as an athlete but I'm surprised and taken aback at his decision. I have said numerous times I would have respected losing out on him to NY/NJ or Cleveland but this move was straight outta the 3rd grade playground. We (meaning most of the NBA analysts and bball fans) all knew Chicago was the best fit, we all know NY was the biggest market, and we all know Cleveland would have been the classy thing to do (staying home). Of course 3/4 cities involved were bound to get upset but it was the one that didn't need him that got him which just seems so absurd to me. On top of that, the frickin way all this media shit handled it was just redic. Glad some kids got charity money though.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #235
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
The Heat are going to get smoked in the playoffs. No center, no bench.

That's all I can say.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #236
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
smoked is a strong word... but I don't think we should hand it to them by any means.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #237
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
smoked is a strong word... but I don't think we should hand it to them by any means.
Riley is FAR from done.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #238
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #239
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers
Worst thing he could have done. They will NEVER get him back now and he acts like a child imo.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #240
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
WOW...