New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

10-07-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
zzz4
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 2011

Question Z4 2011 e89

I have a few questions to ask and I am new to the forum so please bare with me if I am doing this wrong. I will gladly refine my next threads given the right feedback.

My car only has 24000 miles and its a 2011. The emblems on both the front and side have fallen off and I am having trouble finding a replacement anywhere online. I ordered one from amazon and it won't arrive till December and I tried Bimmer Forum store and they were sold out. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know how to fix the roof divider that moves in the trunk? the two clamps that hold it into the metal bar both just fell apart days after purchasing.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 03:19 AM   #2
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Yeah badges do wear out. I have replaced all of them including wheel center caps..
Center caps went first, then rear bmw logo and finally replaced front and side logos... i have debadge option from factory so at least i dont have to deal with model badges.

I got oe badges.
51147044207 - partnumber for front and side
51147200474 - partnumber for rear trunk logo...

FCPeuro and Ecstuning should have them in stock...
Oem emblems are not cheap though.. 40+ bucks a piece...

so if you replace all emblems for me it was about 200 eur all together with wheel centercaps...

Alternatives:
On E-Bay there are emblems too... oem or fake.. and even all sort of different styles if that is your thing...

Also some use stickers over old emblems, but that would probably not work when the emblem is missing or in pieces.. when emblem is intact and just looks rubbish then you could use stickers...

IMO i would just replace it.

Note: AIRBAG EMBLEM IS NOT REPLACEABLE... if you want to replace that then its the whole new airbag....
You can get away with a metal sticker emblem that you glue over it... but when airbag goes off... you could have it flying at your face. So there are risks.

For the trunk divider there was a DIY for fixing those clamps with bolts...
Cant get these clamps separately and would have to replace the whole divider.. and that gets pricy.

DIY:
https://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=screw

My additional recommendation is to get black bolts... then it would look like oem and you would not even notice the fix...

These clamps fail when you stuff too much under the divider so its bulging and then when you lower the roof its the weak point that gives away...
So dont try to squeese too much under divider, always check its completely correctly in place.

Also always check if the sides are empty... If you leave something there and lower your roof... roof hits it and goes into error mode and gets stuck...
It happened to me once in a public parking lot... a carwax box had rolled to the side space and got in the way of the roof... roof got stuck halfway out the trunk... and would not move again... so lifted roof pack manually a bit to remove the obstruction... still did not move... tried walking away from car to let it power down... maybe it would reset and let me operate roof again... but i guess i did not leave long enough or far enough. Finally got a tow truck that towed me and my Z to the dealer. Roof still halfway stuck open and everything...
In dealer parking lot after the tow i gave it a last try to operate the roof... and it started working... first round a pillar clamps were wrong way round but cycling roof to the trunk and back up fixed it... and been working fine since the incident. That was years ago.
Moral of the story: always check the sides... If you have stuff in the boot that can roll around they can end up in a wrong place.

Last edited by KennyP; 10-08-2021 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0