New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-30-2021, 07:01 PM   #45
tcphoto
Colonel
tcphoto's Avatar
United_States
2106
Rep
2,398
Posts

Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

How good did the Georgia defense look today against Florida? It wasn’t a shutout but it was awfully close.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 08:23 AM   #46
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
613
Rep
1,222
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
How good did the Georgia defense look today against Florida? It wasn't a shutout but it was awfully close.
It did bring me joy seeing a good spanking on the Gators. I'm open to that any weekend!
__________________
Appreciate 2
RickFLM47181.00
tcphoto2105.50
      11-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #47
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

mookie45 are in you Tallahassee today?
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 01:13 PM   #48
mookie45
Major
mookie45's Avatar
613
Rep
1,222
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brickell

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
mookie45 are in you Tallahassee today?
No, I wish I was though! That was a crazy game to say the least!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 02:56 PM   #49
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
No, I wish I was though! That was a crazy game to say the least!
Yeah it was a rough one from my perspective. Hopefully at least it help finish Manny off.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 05:41 PM   #50
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Yeah it was a rough one from my perspective. Hopefully at least it help finish Manny off.
Well, looks like some good will come of it. AD fired today. New AD will fire Manny and bring in a real coach.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
mookie45613.00
      11-29-2021, 10:31 AM   #51
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3226
Rep
2,174
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

welp, fuck college football.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 04:30 PM   #52
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
United_States
2875
Rep
1,741
Posts

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Back in Michigan, GO BLUE!

iTrader: (0)

GO BLUE! It was nice to see the Michigan Wolverines crush Ohio State for a change last Saturday. Good, fast action, high scoring game.
__________________
2017 BMW M2 German Spec
6MT, Driver's Package
--> SOLD
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
mookie45613.00
      11-29-2021, 04:37 PM   #53
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Transfer portal adding lots of names today.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:47 PM   #54
kscarrol
Brigadier General
kscarrol's Avatar
United_States
5521
Rep
3,854
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

If the stories are true, I have mixed feelings about hiring Kelly.
__________________
2021 X3 M40i
1974 2002tii, Inka, 5 sp manual
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:59 PM   #55
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
If the stories are true, I have mixed feelings about hiring Kelly.
He is a good coach, but seems like such an odd match for LSU.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet2672.50
      11-29-2021, 10:04 PM   #56
kscarrol
Brigadier General
kscarrol's Avatar
United_States
5521
Rep
3,854
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Don’t doubt him as a coach, agreed that I don’t think he’s the right fit.
__________________
2021 X3 M40i
1974 2002tii, Inka, 5 sp manual
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 10:11 PM   #57
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Donít doubt him as a coach, agreed that I donít think heís the right fit.
I thought for sure theyíd end up with Jimbo even with all the denials. Thatís the right fit. Riley wasnít right fit either.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 10:29 AM   #58
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3226
Rep
2,174
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

LSU needs to stick with a coach and stop trying to compare them to Saban. They are eventually going to get the reputation that they churn through coaches if they keep getting rid of them after a down year.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #59
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
LSU needs to stick with a coach and stop trying to compare them to Saban. They are eventually going to get the reputation that they churn through coaches if they keep getting rid of them after a down year.
Weren't the last two dismissed due to off-field issues?
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet2672.50
      11-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #60
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
MoeTE87's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 18' B58 340i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
GO BLUE! It was nice to see the Michigan Wolverines crush Ohio State for a change last Saturday. Good, fast action, high scoring game.
Michigan had all seniors and OSU were playing mainly all freshman with a few seniors.

It took a 5th year senior Michigan team two years to prep to beat an OSU freshman team! lol lol
__________________
Current: 2018 BMW 340i / Alpine White / Black Sensatec / M Sport Pkg / MPPSK / Prem Pkg / 19" M Wheel 704 / CTS Charge Pipe / FTP Intake Pipe / BMS Intake / Wiecher Front Strut Brace / BMW CF goodies galore...and more..
SOLD: 2016 BMW F15 X5 xDrive / Glacier Silver
SOLD: 2011 BMW 335xi / Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 12:25 PM   #61
BMWILUVU
Major
510
Rep
1,268
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
LSU needs to stick with a coach and stop trying to compare them to Saban. They are eventually going to get the reputation that they churn through coaches if they keep getting rid of them after a down year.
I was never high on Orgeron. He brings in recruits but his teams can't perform. Few more over-paid and over-rated coaches come to mind are Tucker and Franklin. Mel Tucker is riding a Heisman RB, I think Tucker's teams will begin to unravel starting next year.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM47181.00
      11-30-2021, 12:30 PM   #62
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
I was never high on Orgeron. He brings in recruits but his teams can't perform. Few more over-paid and over-rated coaches come to mind are Tucker and Franklin. Mel Tucker is riding a Heisman RB, I think Tucker's teams will begin to unravel starting next year.
Tucker's contract is insane, but at least it is funded by some alum donors.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 12:52 PM   #63
BMWILUVU
Major
510
Rep
1,268
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Tucker's contract is insane, but at least it is funded by some alum donors.
Its a waste of money if they ever want to soon win a tough division as the B10 East.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #64
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3226
Rep
2,174
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Weren't the last two dismissed due to off-field issues?
saban left for the dolphins.

Les Miles was fired after a 2-2 start.

Coach O after a 3-3 start. 2 years after a national championship.

the problem is, LSU is not Alabama, and is not going to be in the CFP discussion every year. They are, in the current SEC alignment, a #2/3 Team in the SEC West behind Alabama. Playoffs are an overachievement and a national championship is a significant overachievement. Until Saban retires that is.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 05:36 PM   #65
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7181
Rep
4,406
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
saban left for the dolphins.

Les Miles was fired after a 2-2 start.

Coach O after a 3-3 start. 2 years after a national championship.

the problem is, LSU is not Alabama, and is not going to be in the CFP discussion every year. They are, in the current SEC alignment, a #2/3 Team in the SEC West behind Alabama. Playoffs are an overachievement and a national championship is a significant overachievement. Until Saban retires that is.
I thought Miles had off the field sexual harassment issues at LSU that got him fired, not just from LSU but then later from Kansas, where he landed after no one would hire him for a while after LSU. And there was an alleged rape (or rapes) that Coach O allegedly helped cover up. Losing made it easier to fire them, but I was under the impression those off field issues were the final nails in their coffins, more so than losses.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #66
kscarrol
Brigadier General
kscarrol's Avatar
United_States
5521
Rep
3,854
Posts

Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I thought Miles had off the field sexual harassment issues at LSU that got him fired, not just from LSU but then later from Kansas, where he landed after no one would hire him for a while after LSU. And there was an alleged rape (or rapes) that Coach O allegedly helped cover up. Losing made it easier to fire them, but I was under the impression those off field issues were the final nails in their coffins, more so than losses.
Yes, won't totally disagree with TheWatchGuy's comments but there were serious off the field issues which also contributed to Miles and O being let go.
__________________
2021 X3 M40i
1974 2002tii, Inka, 5 sp manual
BMWCCA # 327475
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.




zpost
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST